IGNORED

Bring it on.. Safe Standing...

WhistleHappy

Surely just by virtue of this news, the fact that the Premier Club in the UK (and one of the top clubs in the World currently) Man City are considering making a bid to include Safe Standing in their future plans for The Etihad …. Safe Standing has taken big step towards becoming a reality in our country - a move that would be massive in returning some match day excitement and atmosphere to our National Game again... Kick Sterility Out Of Football! 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/man-city-considering-safe-standing-as-part-of-stadium-expansion-plans/ar-BBQfam6?ocid=spartandhp 

Safe Standing bring it on! 

I hope if it ever comes back there will be the ability to stand next to your friends, that's what is lacking, when I used to stand in the old open end which is now the Atyeo at least 20 of us would all stand together not sure that will be possible with the current design for safe standing.

I think we forget how lucky we are to have a area where we can stand at Aston gate and not get thrown out. Talked to a lot of rugby fans who think Ashton gate is a amazing place to watch rugby with plenty  of bars and quilty food. Just have a look at them lot over the other side of Bristol , we all moan but god were in heaven compared to them

9 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think we forget how lucky we are to have a area where we can stand at Aston gate and not get thrown out. Talked to a lot of rugby fans who think Ashton gate is a amazing place to watch rugby with plenty  of bars and quilty food. Just have a look at them lot over the other side of Bristol , we all moan but god were in heaven compared to them

Quilty food ? They be spitting feathers with bad results . 

• SC&T Board Members
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest if you install 1000 normal seats, how many could you get if you utilised rail seating?  Is it significantly more?

At present, without any need for any change in govt policy, a club with an all-seater stadium can install rail seats right now (as Spurs have) and operate the area with one fan per seat, officially as seated accommodation.

When the all-seater policy changes (I predict in the spring/summer of 2019), clubs will be able to take advantage of the provisions made in the new Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (aka the Green Guide) to accommodate more than one standing fan per seat space. Exactly how many more will depend on various factors, including the amount of space available along each row. The space between each row of rail seats (in the upright position) will have to be at least 700mm and this will have to be split into two steps each of at least 350mm. The seating rows at Ashton Gate are deep enough to do this.

I read online if and when it happens, August 2020 as in 2020-21 season is when we would have it in the grounds- which is about what I'd expect tbh.

@WhistleHappy Celtic have it and have already for a year or 2 I think- as a trial, feasibility testing etc. Seems to work fine up there and crucially police/stewards seem fairly happy with the arrangement too so I don't really see grounds for objection by those who would.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest if you install 1000 normal seats, how many could you get if you utilised rail seating?  Is it significantly more?

A good interview here, doesn't quite answer your question still but worth a read. 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188

“There is no ‘one size fits all’ answer to that question. And there are many factors that can determine what the answer would be in each individual case. These include national regulations, the amount of space available between the rows of rail seats and the size of the stadium exits and concourses.

• SC&T Board Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I read online if and when it happens, August 2020 as in 2020-21 season is when we would have it in the grounds- which is about what I'd expect tbh.

@WhistleHappy Celtic have it and have already for a year or 2 I think- as a trial, feasibility testing etc. Seems to work fine up there and crucially police/stewards seem fairly happy with the arrangement too so I don't really see grounds for objection by those who would.

Celtic's installation is permanent, not a trial. Different laws in Scotland. And, yes, the police up there are very happy with it.

Archived