IGNORED

Police giving out parking tickets

RedM

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

We did have a look at this area after complaints but the law was a bit vague as they were on a grass verge at the time not obstructing the passenger footpath

i will be honest it all got a bit complicated and technical so I asked our legal advisors to have a look and they are still working out if any offence committed when pedestrians could walk past easily .

Not a clear answer I know but it is a little bit complicated and I wouldn’t like to get it wrong ! 

When you get an answer from your legal advisors should it be illegal to park there perhaps you could give some sort of warning via OTIB/Social Media rather than dishing out tickets or even towing cars away. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , unless you commit a specific offence when you drive onto / over the pavement (Due care etc etc) 

Parking On pavements is not an offence per se outside of London 

The potential offences are 

1) Leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position

2) Causing an uneccessary obstruction 

Of course , as there is a wide verge at that point and as the officer says herself pedestrians are not impeded in any way , the police could take a common sense approach , and in fact I’d suggest they’d struggle to justify either of the above offences

But hey ho , no let’s see if we can find some legislation so we can issue them tickets 

I'm going to have to disagree here, unless the offence has been repealed, there is a specific offence of driving over the footway in fact there is no specific offence of parking on the footway, only driving over the footway, your potential offences can come into play for parking on the footway.

http://roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/pavementparkingcop/

We did have a look at this area after complaints but the law was a bit vague as they were on a grass verge at the time not obstructing the passenger footpath

i will be honest it all got a bit complicated and technical so I asked our legal advisors to have a look and they are still working out if any offence committed when pedestrians could walk past easily .

Not a clear answer I know but it is a little bit complicated and I wouldn’t like to get it wrong ! 

I imagine it would be easier to speak to the council and see if they can get a Traffic Regulation Order put in place for verge parking?

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm going to have to disagree here, unless the offence has been repealed, there is a specific offence of driving over the footway in fact there is no specific offence of parking on the footway, only driving over the footway, your potential offences can come into play for parking on the footway.

http://roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/pavementparkingcop/

Apologies

It appears you are indeed correct and I’m not , regarding driving on the footway 

Lets not get into double parking and not leaving sidelines on , etc etc 

They pick and choose simples.

Some will get tickets some wont depends what flavour bickies they have in hq at the time .....

19 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If people park properly then nothing to fear or moan about it. Never had a problem parking within 15 minutes of ground in 16 years of being able to drive there so just pure laziness. 

Parking obviously is a problem, I know someone who tried parking for the Stoke game and went as far as the Lions and then gave up and went home, makes you wonder how they managed for the games when we were in the top flight and had a few crowds of 37,000 plus

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Are they causing any harm?

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Parking obviously is a problem, I know someone who tried parking for the Stoke game and went as far as the Lions and then gave up and went home, makes you wonder how they managed for the games when we were in the top flight and had a few crowds of 37,000 plus

Loads of parking around the Cumberland Basin, more people using buses, more people walking to the match, less people with a God given right to drive everywhere and park within a 5 minute walk of the ground, lower car ownership (especially in pre-gentrificated Southville & Bemmy) so more parking spaces, fewer yellow lines.  It was easy.

49 minutes ago, harrys said:

Gave up?! Christ they didn’t look very far. 

I often park up at 2.40ish right in one of streets near there. Always spaces. 

5 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

What amazes me in the number of cars parked on pavements along winterstoke opposite Wickes and by the new bus bridge. Surprised no tickets are issued there. 

IT is legal to park on a pavement as long as there's enough room for a pushchair or scooter to pass safely, thats why no tkts issued

1 hour ago, harrys said:

They were to some people as we received complaints. 

3 hours ago, redapple said:

When you get an answer from your legal advisors should it be illegal to park there perhaps you could give some sort of warning via OTIB/Social Media rather than dishing out tickets or even towing cars away. 

Yes absolutely 

as other comments show though I don’t expect this to be quickly resolved.

3 minutes ago, JulieH said:

They were to some people as we received complaints. 

People complain about anything, as I said before to you, i’m complaining about the fact that i’m still waiting for the police to knock on my door after someone broke into my house about six years ago, how stupid of me, I should of said that someone was parked two inches over my kerb

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , unless you commit a specific offence when you drive onto / over the pavement (Due care etc etc) 

Parking On pavements is not an offence per se outside of London 

The potential offences are 

1) Leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position

2) Causing an uneccessary obstruction 

Of course , as there is a wide verge at that point and as the officer says herself pedestrians are not impeded in any way , the police could take a common sense approach , and in fact I’d suggest they’d struggle to justify either of the above offences

But hey ho , no let’s see if we can find some legislation so we can issue them tickets 

We are currently using the common sense approach which will continue in the absence of complaints 

i have had to seek clarification as complaints were received 

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

People complain about anything, as I said before to you, i’m complaining about the fact that i’m still waiting for the police to knock on my door after someone broke into my house about six years ago, how stupid of me, I should of said that someone was parked two inches over my kerb

If you DM me I can take the details and am back at work Thursday can attend and deal.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Hell of a lot less cars on the road then, lot less vehicles- loads of differences, a lot less geographical mobility 70's, support more local I guess- lot more people would have come to games by public transport I reckon.

DpI05DMW4AARhfv.jpg

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Gave up?! Christ they didn’t look very far. 

I often park up at 2.40ish right in one of streets near there. Always spaces. 

I’m only telling you what he did mate, this is a Bloke who has been going to AG for 45 years so he knows where and when to park and he couldn’t find a space, all i’m doing is highlighting the fact of how difficult it is to park on match days, personally I use public transport so don’t have a problem, that new M2 bus is great and only takes about 10 minutes from the centre

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hell of a lot less cars on the road then, lot less vehicles- loads of differences, a lot less geographical mobility 70's, support more local I guess- lot more people would have come to games by public transport I reckon.

All very true.

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

If you DM me I can take the details and am back at work Thursday can attend and deal.

We’ve had this conversation before and I’m honestly  not sure what you can do about a crime that happened many years ago, maybe if someone had turned up at the time while the trail was “hot” we might of got somewhere but next time i’m a victim of crime i’ll be sure to mention your name to the investigation officer (if he/she shows up) by the way, what does DM mean ?

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DpI05DMW4AARhfv.jpg

That’s a massive rise, no wonder we were able to play football in the streets in KW with not a car in sight

1 minute ago, harrys said:

We’ve had this conversation before and I’m honestly  not sure what you can do about a crime that happened many years ago, maybe if someone had turned up at the time while the trail was “hot” we might of got somewhere but next time i’m a victim of crime i’ll be sure to mention your name to the investigation officer (if he/she shows up) by the way, what does DM mean ?

DM or PM means use the personal message facility on your OTIB account to contact her personally.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

DM or PM means use the personal message facility on your OTIB account to contact her personally.

Cheers Wendy, wouldn’t know how to do that and refuse to learn, I still yearn for the days when we used to be able to put tanners in the telephone box

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Direct message, as I said if u wish to report any crime then that is what I am paid to do and will take the report.

i am not sure I can rectify something that happened many years ago but hopefully if and when u need us in the future we can offer a much improved service . 

9 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Definatly ,ill see this season out but im not renewing next season , i can tolerate shit football ,and a marmite manager , but the parking is beyond ridicolous .

Rip rpz's .

Find a corner to park on :thumbsup:

Archived