IGNORED

Tempo

REDOXO

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We have none. 

A team short on confidence and do we go and attack them with pace and energy?.......Of course not.

When we were good we were quick and incisive...When we fell apart last season we were slow and scared...Today does not bode well! 

A large part of the problem is Pack in CM, so slow, so often turns backwards, when does hit long passes forward is not accurate. Would much rather see Walsh, or Morrell, or both get a run in CM.

Just now, old_eastender said:

A large part of the problem is Pack in CM, so slow, so often turns backwards, when does hit long passes forward is not accurate. Would much rather see Walsh, or Morrell, or both get a run in CM.

It will be a very cold day in hell when LJ drops pack....He is to LJ what LJ was to GJ

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We have none. 

A team short on confidence and do we go and attack them with pace and energy?.......Of course not.

When we were good we were quick and incisive...When we fell apart last season we were slow and scared...Today does not bode well! 

Today was yet another reminder of that LJ is is GJs son......it was exactly how GJs teams used to play. Slow, drab, no incisive play, pedestrian and uninspired.

Then I remembered that LJ played in those reams.................:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought Pack was decent second half tbf

Prob his best 45 mins for 7/8 games (IMHO)

May be Bob. But we are slow to everything and to do anything. We play at walking pace and expect to create chances.

Two Own Goals in four days does nothing to paper over anything I see

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

May be Bob. But we are slow to everything and to do anything. We play at walking pace and expect to create chances.

Two Own Goals in four days does nothing to paper over anything I see

Oh , totally agree with you about tempo

Little movement off the ball and little tempo is as close to an identity as we’ve got and our Number one problem IMHO (amongst many)

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Today was yet another reminder of that LJ is is GJs son......it was exactly how GJs teams used to play. Slow, drab, no incisive play, pedestrian and uninspired.

Then I remembered that LJ played in those reams.................:facepalm:

You must have been sat there waiting...

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought Pack was decent second half tbf

Prob his best 45 mins for 7/8 games (IMHO)a

Absolutely right Bob. That was Pack's best performance for a couple of months, that's not saying a lot, but we appear to have a midfield that won't drive at people or compete, have to be happy if people get the ball down and play it.

43 minutes ago, Olé said:

Absolutely right Bob. That was Pack's best performance for a couple of months, that's not saying a lot, but we appear to have a midfield that won't drive at people or compete, have to be happy if people get the ball down and play it.

We don’t need Pack to drive forward, we have Webster for that?

Seriously though, when Webster ventures forward, why does Pack always tuck in....why not a full-back (where appropriate).  For me the point of Webster coming forward is that we then outnumber them....but that doesn’t work if Pack retreats. ? 

Archived