IGNORED

Next Five - how many points?

Super

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As long as the last two are wrong in the right way! Imagine the meltdown if we lost to both Brentford AND Rotherham at home in four days!

I did think that haha, saying that Rotherham are no mugs this season,i hope to beat them but think they will survive this season.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Having won yesterday, it would be utterly typical of us to get good results against Norwich and Derby and then fail to beat either of Brentford or Rotherham.

I’d take that.

4 points from those 4 games is minimum requirement. I’d hope for at least 6. I don’t care which games they come from. 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

As long as the last two are wrong in the right way! Imagine the meltdown if we lost to both Brentford AND Rotherham at home in four days!

One more win and we are exceeding everyone's expectations........but people will still moan about the results.

I`m doing what I always do every season and keep on top of how many more wins are needed to get to 50 points. After that, we just see where the rest of the season takes us.

We`re on 29 so seven more wins needed from 25 games which if we don`t get them we`ll deserve to go down. Even if we lose the next two it`s still not a problem IMO and we`ll finish somewhere within two places either side of where we are today on about sixty points.

On 09/12/2018 at 11:56, RedLionLad said:

All the 'experts' too...

Such a silly comment, even the actual "experts" as in the pundits, managers etc can't predict scores accurately, if they could then there would be no betting shops left around the world as it'd be too easy to win and they'd go bankrupt. Just because a result goes an unexpected way it doesn't mean that  the person who predicted incorrectly suddenly has no clue.

Anyone who watched that game knows full well how lucky we were to win that match and the only reason we did was that Birmingham's attack never turned up, prior to that game they'd beaten Preston 3-0, a team who beat us at Ashton Gate, they'd also scored 8 goals in the four matches prior to that. We were very lucky we got them on a bad day as they're much more capable of scoring goals than we are.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Such a silly comment, even the actual "experts" as in the pundits, managers etc can't predict scores accurately, if they could then there would be no betting shops left around the world as it'd be too easy to win and they'd go bankrupt. Just because a result goes an unexpected way it doesn't mean that  the person who predicted incorrectly suddenly has no clue.

Anyone who watched that game knows full well how lucky we were to win that match and the only reason we did was that Birmingham's attack never turned up, prior to that game they'd beaten Preston 3-0, a team who beat us at Ashton Gate, they'd also scored 8 goals in the four matches prior to that. We were very lucky we got them on a bad day as they're much more capable of scoring goals than we are.

Ok. Let's call them "Doom and Gloom" merchants instead.

There's no need to justify anything by telling me how lucky we were to get 3 points. There have been games where we have been unlucky not to get 3 points. It works both ways.

Still.....Fingers crossed for another lucky win on Saturday eh? 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

There's no need to justify anything by telling me how lucky we were to get 3 points. There have been games where we have been unlucky not to get 3 points. It works both ways.

Whilst you're not wrong it's the "doom and gloom merchants" being given names like this that I see the issue with because it's not doom and gloom if it's based on actual things they can see going on with the club. I'd probably fall under your definition but I don't want us to lose, I also don't think we're going to lose every week, however, we're going to lose more than we win if we continue the way we are. Currently, we have 8 wins and 8 loses and yet we've seemingly gotten worse as the season goes on in terms of performance, that is what people are "moaning" about, they can see what's coming if there isn't some sort of change sooner rather than later.

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I did watch the game and I wouldn't say we were lucky to win it at all. The conditions were awful and so were Birmingham. We defended very well and I was hoping we would get a draw as we never really looked like scoring. The standard of football we played (apart from the defence) was very poor but if we pick up points playing as badly as that then so be it. It's probably acceptable away from home to sneak a win but to play like this at home is the reason for the unrest among the fans. 

30 minutes ago, Spike said:

Whilst you're not wrong it's the "doom and gloom merchants" being given names like this that I see the issue with because it's not doom and gloom if it's based on actual things they can see going on with the club. I'd probably fall under your definition but I don't want us to lose, I also don't think we're going to lose every week, however, we're going to lose more than we win if we continue the way we are. Currently, we have 8 wins and 8 loses and yet we've seemingly gotten worse as the season goes on in terms of performance, that is what people are "moaning" about, they can see what's coming if there isn't some sort of change sooner rather than later.

Sometimes I think it's better not to predict anything. That way you can't be wrong.

I will admit, the football being played at the moment isn't pretty or exciting so I can understand some people's frustrations....but this league is (probably) the most unpredictable league in the world.

On 09/12/2018 at 02:23, keynshamred said:

How are you today? Happy? Quick question, were we gutless today at a team with the only unbeaten record in the football league???? Spineless team?? 

“...a team with the only unbeaten record in the football league...” - I’m assuming you were referring to Brum’s home record before they played us, rather than their overall league record this season?

...even if you were, you obviously aren’t aware that Sunderland are a football league club that remains unbeaten at home in the league so far this season...and there may be others. Not sure from where you got your stat about Brum?

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We looked good today. Derby wont be expecting us.

Bristol City - England's alternative to the Spanish Inquisition.

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Only two games played out of the five and some posters are 4 points behind already 

Posters out!

10 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

These predictions are awful. I've seen 3-0 and 4-0 loses today. Johnson continues to do a top job and shut up his haters!! 

Quite a few faces with egg on ?

On 03/12/2018 at 09:27, Super said:

Brum - Away - L

Norwich Home - L

Derby Away - L

Brentford Home - D

Rotherham Home - W

4 Points for me.

You're doing well mate ?

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Don't be that guy, there's one after every result on either side of the LJ debate digging something up 

Why shouldn't I, the Johnson out brigade are quick to comment and have a pop at Johnson when we lose. Well the last 5 results have shown what he and the team are about. Win the next two now and we're looking at the top 6 again. The bloke is doing a top job and the sooner people realise it the better. 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Why shouldn't I, the Johnson out brigade are quick to comment and have a pop at Johnson when we lose. We'll the last 5 results have shown what he and the team are about. Win the next two now and we're looking at the top 6 again. The bloke is doing a top job and the sooner people realise it the better. 

I know, it's just a repetitive cycle

Archived