IGNORED

Bath Rugby playing at Ashton Gate?

Eddie Hitler

More work for the groundsmen but more use for the stadium.  They're rebuilidng their ground so want somewhere for 2019/20 and 2020/21.

We're just one of many options but with the facilities available and the proximity we have to be in with a good shout. 

Bath are now considering moving to a temporary home ahead of the new stadium opening in September 2021.

They have 16 potential options which include playing at Ashton Gate or the Memorial Stadium in Bristol.

Other options include Cardiff Arms Park, Kingsholm and the Madejski Stadium.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bath-rugby-considering-playing-bristol-2293965

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This would be my main worry. If we allowed this and as a result saw more of our games moving to a Sunday I'd stop bothering. Shit day to watch football. 

Rugby fans want games on Sunday/Friday, seemingly Bristol fans annoyed about when they play Saturdays. The hope I'd imagine would be requesting Bath/Bristol played home on different weekends and always played Friday/Sunday.

Interesting note on their forum, speculation Bath City could be moving in as well and development on Twerton could help pay towards the stadium.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Rugby fans want games on Sunday/Friday, seemingly Bristol fans annoyed about when they play Saturdays. The hope I'd imagine would be requesting Bath/Bristol played home on different weekends and always played Friday/Sunday.

Interesting note on their forum, speculation Bath City could be moving in as well and development on Twerton could help pay towards the stadium.

Rugby is much better on a Friday night. They’ve come out with 3pm on a Saturday this season which was based on flawed stats. The game on Saturday just gone was a bloody 1pm ko. Rubbish time (but a great result!) 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t they play at Trumpton?

Have you seen the state of Twerton..? 

You’d need to be a seriously desperate, repulsive, shower of shite, rabble to even consider that a suitable place to play professional sport in..! 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

They don't always sell out 14k in Bath, o I reckon 12.5k in Bristol would be more than enough 

they dont always...particularly with current form and the  daft competitions invented to keep clubs going during times like the Autumn Internationals. To be fair, you'd also need to bear in mind my natural reluctance to give the Gas a sheckel. 

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

More work for the groundsmen but more use for the stadium.  They're rebuilidng their ground so want somewhere for 2019/20 and 2020/21.

We're just one of many options but with the facilities available and the proximity we have to be in with a good shout. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bath-rugby-considering-playing-bristol-2293965

Oh ok looks like we will play our home games on fridays then??

I remember seeing something a few months ago that stated that the English Rugby Premiership would not allow any of their member clubs to ground share with more than one other club. It didn't specify two rugby clubs or one rugby and one football. If my memory is correct and this is fact, then it would be impossible for Bath RFC to be allowed to use Ashton Gate on a regular basis.

Archived