IGNORED

It's a Price Of Football link

Bristol Rob

It's undoubtedly a worry.

However football economics, business model and appeal- it alll diffesr and differs vastly and more to typical business- so it's perhaps not a huge surprise.

Capacity to service it and do so over time surely the big factor here? 

Football economics though- it's a old stat but Championship average wages/turnover ratio 2016/17 was maybe 101% of turnover was it?

Ours at 98-99% was actually not too bad that year! That'd be wages and wages alone- before amortisation let alone all other non football and running costs.

• Admin

Isn't that just a way of life, in context I owe £xx on a mortgage to the bank who no doubt in turn owe it to someone else and on and on

Football is just great for headlines - I wonder where the money in F1 for example comes from and I would get prorata is similar 

Thing for me about all of this is that the Price of Football simply reports and comments on what’s available to comment on.

What for me would add far greater value is some questioning of what leads upto that. KM could do us all a massive service if rather than simply report on accounts he asks questions of those accounts, accountants and business owners and holds them to account. 

Ok perhaps too many accounts but you get the point.

Many things and anything can be managed through a set of accounts. What’s needed is for a light to be shone into the depths of them and for the greater good of sport we see some transparency.

Deluded? Yep. Probably am ?

20 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Thing for me about all of this is that the Price of Football simply reports and comments on what’s available to comment on.

What for me would add far greater value is some questioning of what leads upto that. KM could do us all a massive service if rather than simply report on accounts he asks questions of those accounts, accountants and business owners and holds them to account. 

Ok perhaps too many accounts but you get the point.

Many things and anything can be managed through a set of accounts. What’s needed is for a light to be shone into the depths of them and for the greater good of sport we see some transparency.

Deluded? Yep. Probably am ?

He does dig around for various info- for example he tends to get quite good figures on clubs and their allowable expenses in an FFP sense (academy, infrastructure etc).

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He does dig around for various info- for example he tends to get quite good figures on clubs and their allowable expenses in an FFP sense (academy, infrastructure etc).

I’m not talking about that though. I want to know the real stuff. The true figures. Not what he’s told or given.

The stuff that Steve keeps locked in the safe behind the family portrait that hangs in the drawing room in the mansion in the tax haven.

You know. The real picture. ?

8 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I’m not talking about that though. I want to know the real stuff. The true figures. Not what he’s told or given.

The stuff that Steve keeps locked in the safe behind the family portrait that hangs in the drawing room in the mansion in the tax haven.

You know. The real picture. ?

He asks around contacts in football, but yeah the big stuff I assume you mean.

How much SL is worth or what he keeps in his safe or something of an irrelevance.  The fact is that he has moved to Guernsey and saved a lot of tax.  The amount saved in tax probably amounts to what he has spent on Bristol sport and BCFC.  He will be remembered an appreciated for that but how much appreciation would he get for giving it all to HMRC?  What would you do in the same position?

Archived