IGNORED

At least some can stop the...

Alex_BCFC

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post

3 points , if not performances , eases any ‘table concerns’ for now

I don’t believe LJ is the right man , but points and easing any table concerns gives him more time and a chance to put right a lot that’s wrong and I’ll run with that

I couldn’t care less if Boris Johnson was our manager if they do a good job

And more importantly , are points and hanging in Championship is the most important thing for me 

There are limits Bob. Let LJ be the last from that clan in a long, long time.

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As are the lame excuses and ridiculous ‘cheerleading’

Where’s all this OTT stuff regarding losing the dressing room - Link ?

You've questioned a few times whether or not the players are truly working for the manager tbf Bob.

They certainly were yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You've questioned a few times whether or not the players are truly working for the manager tbf Bob.

They certainly were yesterday.

Woahhhhhhhhhh

Dont misrepresent Or misquote 

‘a few times’  ?

I asked your view close up at the Ipswich game , purely off the back of the PNE debacle where the effort and desire was pitiful

and some other poor ‘efforts’ , Wigan etc

Wanted to work out whether PNE Was for its own reasons or after some poor ‘efforts’  whether the spirit had dissapeared , were we simply devoid of confidence or a mix of several reasons 

The results alone at Ipswich and Birmingham show that there is certainly no major problem and even the performance against Millwall had effort in many areas

At no point this season, or last  have I suggested that he’s ‘lost the dressing room’ 

FWIW IMHO they seem to be ‘ok’ in spirit amongst the players , do they appear to have the bond of the L1 side , no , but they look ‘ok’ / pretty reasonable / maybe decent , amongst themselves

They clearly are not downing tools on LJ  and have dug out a couple of important results so that’s a positive too

Full faith in the HC , everyone happy , and busting a gut ?

Not convinced , but hey ho , if we can remain comfortable mid table ......

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Woahhhhhhhhhh

I asked your view close up at the Ipswich game , purely off the back of the PNE debacle where the effort and desire was pitiful

and some other poor ‘efforts’ , Wigan etc

Wanted to work out whether PNE Was for its own reasons or after some poor ‘efforts’  whether the spirit had dissapeared , were we simply devoid of confidence or a mix of several reasons 

The results alone at Ipswich and Birmingham show that there is certainly no major problem and even the performance against Millwall had effort in many areas

At no point this season, or last  have I suggested that he’s ‘lost the dressing room’ 

FWIW IMHO they seem to be ‘ok’ in spirit amongst the players , do they appear to have the bond of the L1 side , no , but they look ‘ok’ / pretty reasonable / maybe decent , amongst themselves

They clearly are not downing tools on LJ  and have dug out a couple of important results so that’s a positive too

Full faith in the HC , everyone happy , and busting a gut ?

Not convinced , but hey ho , if we can remain comfortable mid table ......

Not saying you think he's lost dressing room. But theres a fair amount of people who are questioning (sometimes understandably) whether the players are truly working for LJ and trying hard enough. I think they're doing both of those things.

You asked for my view. I said they are working hard, they certainly worked harder than I can recall for a while yesterday. 

Do you think they're working hard enough for the manager? 

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Not saying you think he's lost dressing room. But theres a fair amount of people who are questioning (sometimes understandably) whether the players are truly working for LJ and trying hard enough. I think they're doing both of those things.

You asked for my view. I said they are working hard, they certainly worked harder than I can recall for a while yesterday. 

Do you think they're working hard enough for the manager? 

I’ve only seen highlights from yesterday but it sounded fine

Do I think they’re been working hard enough ?

As a generality ,   No 

( I don’t think they are ‘rebelling’  but are they all pushing themselves - no) 

IMHO Spirit or desire can come from one or more of 

Personal desire to improve , professionally or finacially

Personal Pride / professional attitude

Spirit and bond , amongst teammates and a desire to please them

Spirit and bond between players and manager / coaching staff  and a desire to plead them

Spirit and bond between players and fans and a desire to plead them

Sometimes the reason for the level of players motivation is clear , sometimes it’s not

Its normally pretty obvious when there’s a major problem somewhere and I don’t believe we have a major problem 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve only seen highlights from yesterday but it sounded fine

Do I think they’re been working hard enough ?

As a generality ,   No 

( I don’t think they are ‘rebelling’  but are they all pushing themselves - no) 

Fair.

Yesterday was impressive in regards to doggedness and hard work. 

I sound like LJ using words like doggedness.

2 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Another loss and posts like this goes onto the back of the shelf

"Beep Beep Beep this vehicle is reversing" comes to mind

Not at all. The point was it isn't do with not playing for the manager. The quality of performance is definitely questionable but the players trying is not - they worked their socks off to limit to Birmingham to literally one header off the post in the 2nd half.

We could easily see us lose next two I think.

Just now, Shtanley said:

Fair.

Yesterday was impressive in regards to doggedness and hard work. 

I sound like LJ using words like doggedness.

Which is exactly what I hoped to hear yesterday and Post Ipswich , And See against Millwall 

As I said , if you show that ‘doggedness’ you have a chance, even if other areas are struggling

Lose resilience and doggedness .... bigger problem

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not at all. The point was it isn't do with not playing for the manager. The quality of performance is definitely questionable but the players trying is not - they worked their socks off to limit to Birmingham to literally one header off the post in the 2nd half.

We could easily see us lose next two I think.

Ok i'll give you that but i meant "Like this" in general.

A majority want change then one win and it changes. Happens everytime

Personally I still want the change whether they are fighting for him or not

Just now, Keepers Ball said:

Ok i'll give you that but i meant "Like this" in general.

A majority want change then one win and it changes. Happens everytime

Personally I still want the change whether they are fighting for him or not

I honestly don't think majority want change (or at least aren't pushing hard for it) - remember OITB is a very small % of fans. Most I think can see it for what it is - City being mid-table In Championship when we have generally been in league 1 for majority of last 20 years etc (or at best floating between two).

And yes there are plenty of people who change every week. I personally don't see him ever getting us up but also I don't think it would be particularly easy for anyone else to come in and do significantly better. Top ten is achievable for this squad with a better style of football - and then you never know.

Archived