IGNORED

At least some can stop the...

Alex_BCFC

He’s lost the dressing room bollocks I’ve seen on here. The quality isn’t there but the spirit most certainly is. 

As ive said all week the reaction to the draw last week and being mid table was totally OTT. 

Well done LJ and the players - now if we can add some flair going forward to add to looking solid then we may be heading the right way again. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He’s lost the dressing room bollocks I’ve seen on here. The quality isn’t there but the spirit most certainly is. 

As ive said all week the reaction to the draw last week and being mid table was totally OTT. 

Well done LJ and the players - now if we can add some flair going forward to add to looking solid then we may be heading the right way again. 

No that was only @Bicester Red spouting this rubbish 

16 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t think many thought he lost the dressing room,will agree the quality isn’t there and that lands at the managers feet

17 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don't know if this makes me more confident or less. It's one thing to lose the dressing room because the manager can be sacked and a new one can potentially bring raised spirits but knowing the players are fighting hard and still look bloody awful in how they play just makes me wonder how it's going to change. Right now we can breathe because we've had a small run of form that has relieved the pressure but what happens when it happens again and we're not as lucky. Brum could have easily been back in the game today as we backed off far too much and hitting the post may have been that warning shot that saw us wake up a little but on another day that would have potentially cost us 2-3 points.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't know if this makes me more confident or less. It's one thing to lose the dressing room because the manager can be sacked and a new one can potentially bring raised spirits but knowing the players are fighting hard and still look bloody awful in how they play just makes me wonder how it's going to change. Right now we can breathe because we've had a small run of form that has relieved the pressure but what happens when it happens again and we're not as lucky. Brum could have easily been back in the game today as we backed off far too much and hitting the post may have been that warning shot that saw us wake up a little but on another day that would have potentially cost us 2-3 points.

Apart from hitting post they didn’t threaten - pretty good defensive display. Where we lack is going forward. 

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Of course it does - all kinds of things have been said about LJ and this team. A lot of over the top crap. 

I don’t remember ‘losing the dressing room’ as being a recurring theme though?

Overcomplicating, crap signings, not getting the players to their best yes.  Losing the dressing room hardly ever.

Just seems that after a (not particularly impressive, from a football standpoint) win just as many OTT threads are created as after a loss.  See @RedDave‘s thread for all out tossery for example.

14 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Apart from hitting post they didn’t threaten - pretty good defensive display. Where we lack is going forward. 

And neither did we, our only real threat was our goal, on a different day our goal could have hit the post and theirs went in, it was anything but a convincing win.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

And neither did we, our only real threat was our goal, on a different day our goal could have hit the post and theirs went in, it was anything but a convincing win.

I said we didn’t threaten much and it was a good defensive display. Against a side who hadn’t lost at home since March. Bit of perspective shows it’s a great result. 

What we need to do is offer more going forward. 

53 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

People ‘reacting to a draw’, Oooh me ribs.

I love the way the overly positive posters can’t see the irony of there posts against overly negative posters.

The truth is somewhere in the middle in that city have ability, but for some reason turn in absolute shite for long periods. 

Lee Johnson is not a great manager for allowing this to still be happening over 2 years into his tenure and the fact that he can’t arrest these swings in form suggests despite money and transfer windows (yes we sold Bryan and Reid, So do all clubs Norwich for example) he can’t really have control of the situation. 

There have been a couple tines now where had he been fired, it would only have been viewed by the average person as a fair decision.

BUT, the important thing at the club appears to be not going down and developing the academy. Well to be fair we are bang in the middle at the halfway point and if we end up around there at the end then the club will be happy.

Ive resigned myself to this last season and once you accept that these swings in form for no discernible reason are also a okay with the club, then life gets a little easier.

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

People ‘reacting to a draw’, Oooh me ribs.

I love the way the overly positive posters can’t see the irony of there posts against overly negative posters.

The truth is somewhere in the middle in that city have ability, but for some reason turn in absolute shite for long periods. 

Lee Johnson is not a great manager for allowing this to still be happening over 2 years into his tenure and the fact that he can’t arrest these swings in form suggests despite money and transfer windows (yes we sold Bryan and Reid, So do all clubs Norwich for example) he can’t really have control of the situation. 

There have been a couple tines now where had he been fired, it would only have been viewed by the average person as a fair decision.

BUT, the important thing at the club appears to be not going down and developing the academy. Well to be fair we are bang in the middle at the halfway point and if we end up around there at the end then the club will be happy.

Ive resigned myself to this last season and once you accept that these swings in form for no discernible reason are also a okay with the club, then life gets a little easier.

Good post

3 points , if not performances , eases any ‘table concerns’ for now

I don’t believe LJ is the right man , but points and easing any table concerns gives him more time and a chance to put right a lot that’s wrong and I’ll run with that

I couldn’t care less if Boris Johnson was our manager if they do a good job

And more importantly , are points and hanging in Championship is the most important thing for me 

28 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I said we didn’t threaten much and it was a good defensive display. Against a side who hadn’t lost at home since March. Bit of perspective shows it’s a great result. 

What we need to do is offer more going forward. 

All it did was show on the day both teams only had one key opportunity and we were luckier as ours went in rather than hitting the post. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

All it did was show on the day both teams only had one key opportunity and we were luckier as ours went in rather than hitting the post. 

And you can say we were unlucky to lose v stoke etc. You fight hard and defend well all game you always have a chance. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

And you can say we were unlucky to lose v stoke etc. You fight hard and defend well all game you always have a chance. 

I'm not disagreeing, but my point is that if you perform well you're more likely to win matches, today was a lucky game, you don't get 46 lucky games a season and it's not the thing to build your team around. Our attacking needs to improve dramatically, you can only defend for so long before you concede if you don't get the pressure off of the defence, by hoofing as much as we have been and making dangerous passes we're going to lose more matches than we win. Good result today, still so much to improve on IMO, we're more likely to down down the league positions than up based on our performances.

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm not disagreeing, but my point is that if you perform well you're more likely to win matches, today was a lucky game, you don't get 46 lucky games a season and it's not the thing to build your team around. Our attacking needs to improve dramatically, you can only defend for so long before you concede if you don't get the pressure off of the defence, by hoofing as much as we have been and making dangerous passes we're going to lose more matches than we win. Good result today, still so much to improve on IMO, we're more likely to down down the league positions than up based on our performances.

And 21 games in we are in 13th which isn’t by luck. 

We need improve as you say but carry on as we are and we will end up midtable not anywhere near bottom as suggested. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

And 21 games in we are in 13th which isn’t by luck. 

We need improve as you say but carry on as we are and we will end up midtable not anywhere near bottom as suggested. 

The thing is our performances at the beginning of the season were far better than they have been for a long time. We haven't had a convincing win since we beat Blackburn 4-1 back at the very beginning of September and we've not won a game by more than a single goal since that either. 

We're rightfully mid-table based on the full 20 games we've played but at the beginning of the season we looked capable of scoring goals, recently we do not, that needs to change or the last 26 games could tell a whole different story.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

The thing is our performances at the beginning of the season were far better than they have been for a long time. We haven't had a convincing win since we beat Blackburn 4-1 back at the very beginning of September and we've not won a game by more than a single goal since that either. 

We're rightfully mid-table based on the full 20 games we've played but at the beginning of the season we looked capable of scoring goals, recently we do not, that needs to change or the last 26 games could tell a whole different story.

Yeh agree to some extent - but even the game we won at QPR 3-0 we were poor for the first half. And that 4-1 was flattering. Perform as we have done even lately and we won’t be in any trouble - plenty of poor teams in this league and games are generally so close that anyone can beat anyone. 

If we can add just a bit more up top and defend like we did today we will probably be top ten. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I've mentioned the potential of him losing the dressing room over the last month or so. The performances at home to Preston and Millwall were so pathetic I couldn't understand why the players played like they didn't give a shit. 

Not wanting to pick up injuries & report for physio during the break rather than Popping off to Dubai and elsewhere no coincidence IMO

Archived