IGNORED

Tweet in poor taste

Youngish

Can’t quite believe this, but the official Bristol City Twitter account has actually blocked me! 

All I did was engage with a bit of banter - a practice the media team seem very fond of doing themselves lately - about how I didn’t want to watch that Downsy livestream ?

I didn’t think I could feel any less connected to the club these days, and yet here we are. 

267CE2F5-4298-46CE-8337-53BAF0BE48E0.png

Behave.

I saw your tweet, you said something like “I’d rather take a bath in bleach” in reply to the club announcing a livestream of a visit to Children’s Hospice South West.

I like to think most fans on here would agree that’s entirely uncompassionate from you and a disgrace, regardless of their views on the clubs recent media output.

if you’re chalking being blocked by them for this as a Win, that says a lot more about you and your agenda than the club and media team.

12 minutes ago, willadams said:

Behave.

I saw your tweet, you said something like “I’d rather take a bath in bleach” in reply to the club announcing a livestream of a visit to Children’s Hospice South West.

I like to think most fans on here would agree that’s entirely uncompassionate from you and a disgrace, regardless of their views on the clubs recent media output.

if you’re chalking being blocked by them for this as a Win, that says a lot more about you and your agenda than the club and media team.

Do you work for the club or have professional links? as nearly all of your posts are very defensive of the club and whilst I have no problem with people defending the club or people posting who work for the club, it would be good to have that stated.

As per the OP if you post sh1t you deserve it

15 minutes ago, willadams said:

Behave.

Jeez that is poor, nobody can call that "banter" ffs 

26 minutes ago, willadams said:

Behave.

No wonder he got blocked. 

48 minutes ago, Youngish said:

Can’t quite believe this, but the official Bristol City Twitter account has actually blocked me! 

All I did was engage with a bit of banter - a practice the media team seem very fond of doing themselves lately - about how I didn’t want to watch that Downsy livestream ?

I didn’t think I could feel any less connected to the club these days, and yet here we are. 

You got kids mate?

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

Wow, whoever’s running the account is certainly a sensitive soul. Pathetic.

41 minutes ago, willadams said:

Behave.

If this is true then I withdraw my condemnation.

Act like a moron and it’s completely fair that you get blocked to be honest. Would you have talked like that to a representative of the club in person? I highly doubt it. 

I’m no fan of the current direction of the media output from the club but why does everyone think normal rules of human decency don’t apply on Twitter? 

If the comments are verbatim then it's pretty disgusting to be fair that they are considered 'bants' and a block shouldn't be unexpected. 

The media team were trying to promote the hospice with the idea of ultimately getting some donations in. Absolutely no need to try and make a joke of it under the circumstances.

At the end of the day the stream probably showed a load kids and their families with not much to smile about at the moment having the time of their lives. 

1 hour ago, Youngish said:

If what you’re reported to have tweeted is true then you really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

And if it is true then quite why you’d then want to draw further attention to yourself is beyond me.

If of course that isn’t what you tweeted then I apologise unreservedly to you.

I was at a dinner many years ago at Somerset CCC when the hospice spoke. Never before had I seen so many grown men in tears.

I did post that joke, yes, and I agree it was misjudged and apologise unreservedly for it.

I still think the club blocking me is wrong, but I agree that joke - which, for what it's worth, was nothing to do with it being a CHSW livestream (a charity I fully endorse) - was wrong, and I have deleted the tweet. 

4 minutes ago, Youngish said:

I did post that joke, yes, and I agree it was misjudged and apologise unreservedly for it.

I still think the club blocking me is wrong, but I agree that joke - which, for what it's worth, was nothing to do with it being a CHSW livestream (a charity I fully endorse) - was wrong, and I have deleted the tweet. 

This really hasn't gone how you imagined has it.

It's crazy how many people these days are prepared to dribble the most obnoxious, unacceptable shit out of their mouths/ through their keyboards, and then play the "hur hur hur it was only bantz" card when there is any comeback or consequences.

It's just a coward's way out when craven begging for attention/ likes backfires.

16 minutes ago, Youngish said:

Fair play for holding your hands up.

24 minutes ago, Youngish said:

Well done.

Credit from me. We all make mistakes.

Takes balls to apologise.

Archived