IGNORED

Vote of no convidence

Redmycolour

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not just a random 1-0 though, is it..?!

You are asking off the back of 7 points from the last 3 games, including 2 away wins. 

I was growing a little concerned that LJ wouldn’t be able to turn things around again at the end of November. He has, for now. 

I don’t know what people expect would happen if LJ leaves. Who do you realistically, honestly think we’d have a chance of bringing in, and what’s to say that they’d be any better than LJ..? 

According to here it's between Chris Wilder, Dean Smith and David Moyes for his replacement... 

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

According to here it's between Chris Wilder, Dean Smith and David Moyes for his replacement... 

None are very likely.

I’d be happy with any of those, if we were looking for a replacement, but A) we aren’t. B) I’m not sure we’d attract any of them. C) none guarantee better than what we have now. 

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have we been incredibly lucky though? Think that's overstating it a bit tbh. May have rode our luck at times but then again we've had games where we created more than we scored (think Stoke, arguably Millwall, Kelly hits post v Sheff Wed at 0-0 but that goes in, it'd be a totally different game).

Birmingham are a very hard side to beat away- arguably even rode our luck there but a great result nonetheless- what they do under Monk is drag the game down a bit, he's not so bad as Pulis or similar in terms of anti football but he is quite pragmatic even at home. Makes them very hard to beat at St Andrews or has done to date so yeah a win there is excellent.

Agree his tactics could be better, it's a fine balancing act though- v Sheff Utd last game of last season in the first half we went out with a 4-4-2 with wingers and full backs- didn't take much account of the opposition and my abiding memory apart from the being 3 down in under 40 mins was how easily they got through the midfield first half.

On the other hand you then have games like Preston and Wigan.

Luckily for us Cooper hooked a cross into his own goal and Bialkowski wanted to be a juggler in the circus.

We have been pretty darn lucky. Birmingham has given me hope.

58 minutes ago, Fuber said:

On the other hand you then have games like Preston and Wigan.

Luckily for us Cooper hooked a cross into his own goal and Bialkowski wanted to be a juggler in the circus.

We have been pretty darn lucky. Birmingham has given me hope.

Wasteful finishing is of course the other side of the coin. Give or take a point or 2 either way, midtable seems about par.

Could be argued about Wigan away neither side was up to much and neither side deserved to win- as in a crap 0-0.

39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

...that's jolly good of them. They can lower the ticket prices and fill the ground then, what with our contribution being so miniscule and insignificant. 

Funny enough, the BBC article a few months ago that referenced the clubs that were more reliant on match dat income indicated that Bristol City was near the top of fan-based revenue, so in theory, the local fans here told more sway over the club than most other clubs in England.

In the Premier League, not so much. IIRC, the percentage of a players wage that came from match day income was something tiny like 10-15%.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post , sums it up for me , and My current hope is..........

Exactly this ,

I think or hope it does Redmycolour, as did  the win at Brentford etc

Resilience , doggedness ?

Theres a lot to be said for digging out 1-0 s ,  and the doggedness at least , in winning at Ipswich etc

In a better world we would sweep most sides away home and away but I like the signs of 1-0 away wins

My personal hope ....

My hope is LJ has adjusted / changed this season to make us more solid (Position in Possession , Position in Possession , Marlons cage) and just not got the balance quite right atm

Making us more solid if that’s the theory , isn’t the worst idea

I actually enjoyed our “attritional” wins at home pre-Xmas last season.  They weren’t blessed with lots of goalmouth action at either end, but I finally saw a style, tactic, formation, consistency with the odd tweak to gain an advantage over each opponent.

If Saturday v Brum was the start of a defined way of playing, resultant on not having Reid to trigger a pressing game, I would live with that.  It would start to prove LJ working to a plan, and we might also see familiarity from the players and less dis-jointed performances.

Make us tough to beat, build those mini-runs (?) into longer-runs.

It might only need one signing in January to make a difference.

The 3 game run with 7 points ought to have eased the pressure on head-coach and players and they ought to be able to play with less fear, that might also bring improvement.  That is my hope.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I actually enjoyed our “attritional” wins at home pre-Xmas last season.  They weren’t blessed with lots of goalmouth action at either end, but I finally saw a style, tactic, formation, consistency with the odd tweak to gain an advantage over each opponent.

If Saturday v Brum was the start of a defined way of playing, resultant on not having Reid to trigger a pressing game, I would live with that.  It would start to prove LJ working to a plan, and we might also see familiarity from the players and less dis-jointed performances.

Make us tough to beat, build those mini-runs (?) into longer-runs.

It might only need one signing in January to make a difference.

The 3 game run with 7 points ought to have eased the pressure on head-coach and players and they ought to be able to play with less fear, that might also bring improvement.  That is my hope.

Think they were a bit better than attritional- I know they were not by big margins but we had rather a lot of shots- built pressure (as you said on another thread)- some od the football technically excellent too.

Because when I think attritional something like Pulis style. My take on those wins something closer to 'control'.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think they were a bit better than attritional- I know they were not by big margins but we had rather a lot of shots- built pressure (as you said on another thread)- some od the football technically excellent too.

Because when I think attritional something like Pulis style. My take on those wins something closer to 'control'.

Yeah, it’s my somewhat poor description.  We were controlled, disciplined, built pressure.

The world of Bristol city does not stop at OTIB.co.uk

this is a tiny, tiny snapshot of the city fan base, and posters on a forum are usually militant when expressing their views one way or the other.

im not saying if your surveyed every fan at Ashton gate on a Saturday wouldn’t say Johnson no confidence get him out,  but I don’t think it would reflect as vehemently as this forum suggests

I don't buy in to the LJ package as a whole but at present we are comfortable and ticking over but feel that's all we are doing which is fine but as a diehard like many I want more which clearly we are miles from at present so I'm interested to know from the LJ backers and are content with what you have witnessed so far how long would you actually give him??? 

Archived