IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

That was the best I've seen us play in a long time. COD made a huge difference. Shame that he waited until he was in the shop window, just before the window opens, to really start playing.

:grr:

Nonsense comment... COD has hardly been given much game time by LJ, who will always pick Pato ahead of him.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Your post is utter bullocks.

I lurk here a fair bit not posting that frequently but I would say their comment is fairly on point; you definitely only see some posters pop up with tons of vitriol when things aren't going well and they never post excitedly or give credit when the going is good.

That said it's hardly unique to this forum, you see it everywhere when it's related to sports, sadly.

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

not for the first time LJ sits on his hands rather than making a sub to ensure we have the energy to hold the lead.

We need another Taylor type player. Would have been a good sub if available in these circumstances, keeps defenders honest and staying back to keep an eye on him as he can be such a pain.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Nonsense comment... COD has hardly been given much game time by LJ, who will always pick Pato ahead of him.

I agree he hasn't been given many chances. I can't say when he has that he has looked anywhere near today's performance. The way he's played justified LJ not picking him.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I took an extreme view to highlight how much stick Johnson gets.

Eqsy to support when we are playing well. The best fans support when we aren’t 

We all support BCFC, the point is that most will applaud a decent performance.  It isn’t the divine right to win but it’s the desire for a performance.  We got that today for long periods of the game.  It’s not as cut and dried as the overly defensive of LJ or overly critical that many suggest.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

We all support BCFC, the point is that most will applaud a decent performance.  It isn’t the divine right to win but it’s the desire for a performance.  We got that today for long periods of the game.  It’s not as cut and dried as the overly defensive of LJ or overly critical that many suggest.

I think we as fans are far too critical.

When the Norwich manager says it's a tough place to come and they are very happy to come away with a point then doesn't that say something?

2 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

I lurk here a fair bit not posting that frequently but I would say their comment is fairly on point; you definitely only see some posters pop up with tons of vitriol when things aren't going well and they never post excitedly or give credit when the going is good.

That said it's hardly unique to this forum, you see it everywhere when it's related to sports, sadly.

The internet is a great medium for those who really don't know much...about anything.

Good result today against a team with some outstanding individuals and the confidence to remain composed, even when behind.

Personally I'd have loved a win but a score draw is as much as I'd expected before kick off.

1 minute ago, RonWalker said:

Have I missed something? Unless we were watching different games, we looked pretty comfortable at 2-1, conceded a poor goal and then crumbled. Nothing about our performance until then screamed ‘time to shut up shop’ to me.

Decided to take a point against top of the league.

If we had lost to a goal on the break then the knives would have been out again 

7 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

Failure is always easier to criticise than success is to congratulate in all things.   ‘Twas always thus.

If things are failing everyone has a view on what could be done better.  If it’s going well there’s not a lot to debate is there?

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Failure is always easier to criticise than success is to congratulate in all things.   ‘Twas always thus.

If things are failing everyone has a view on what could be done better.  If it’s going well there’s not a lot to debate is there?

Sadly there is a minority yet vocal part of our fanbase that like to criticise everything. Every single manager they are against, they often pick out players to blame for everything.

I actually think they thrive off of us losing.

We done OK and could possibly have won if Tetty had been dealt with appropriately.

I'd been interested to see what the ref's assessor has to say about this in his report.

Certainly plenty of effort from everyone and Diedhiou's best performance in a while.

Love it when Brownhill strikes it on target from outside the box.  He's got one helluva shot.

Cracking goal by O'Dowda.

Can’t see this has been raised anywhere but they’re were Advertising free mince pies . I was looking forward to one but yet again not delivered (!)

can we blame Johnson for that ?!?! 

Great result by the way - have a smile on my face after a home game which is unique .. 

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Did anyone see Stevie Cotterill siting there watching, the Sky camera stayed on him for some time, does anyone think he will take the Gas job on?

No. He'll want wages as opposed to Pocket Money and he'll want a transfer budget...which he won't have at the Methanium

30 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Total bollocks and all hindsight.

When your playing well you don't want to be changing the team by bringing on subs as it can go one of two ways. I see your point about fresh legs but it's the whole stick and twist scenario and it's a tough call to make. What's certain is whatever decision he would have made he would have been criticized.

You are suggesting that making a sub would have seen us see the game out however that is just wishful thinking as there is no guarantees at all.

Norwich also do well in the closing stages of a game, changing 3 players could really alter the system and even put a point at risk.

Nop, everybody watching in our household was seeing the need for subs to give fresh energy as soon as Norwich started to get a grip on the game, which was about 10 mins after we went 2-1 up. LJ made the same mistake against Millwall. He is I'm afraid mostly reactive when making subs, instead of being proactive.

46 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Sadly there is a minority yet vocal part of our fanbase that like to criticise everything. Every single manager they are against, they often pick out players to blame for everything.

you think wrong

59 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Decided to take a point against top of the league.

If we had lost to a goal on the break then the knives would have been out again 

55 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What a crock of *****

The biggest negativity coming from you two

RedDave two weeks running ..... impressive

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I took an extreme view to highlight how much stick Johnson gets.

Eqsy to support when we are playing well. The best fans support when we aren’t 

there are no "best fans" we are all the same (even you) and want what`s best for OUR club...just dis-agree on how we get the best.

Played well against a top side so very pleased    BUT...

Where was this kind of fight, determination to win 50/50s and all round energy against Millwall?

Yes, today was a big game and on Sky, but that is the minimum amount of effort required in EVERY Championship game if we are going to do well this season.

Still cannot work out why we are capable of looking like top 6 one week and bottom 3 the next.

Well done LJ because when you deserve praise, I will certainly give you it.

Whatever the message was in the dressing room today, it worked. We competed, worked hard and almost got all 3 points.

Well done all, tonight

COYR

Archived