IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

Hi.

I'm not happy. I'm salty AF.

So this week's thread was based around a YouTube vlogger attending today's match. I was going to dip into the past and look at many vlogs from our own fans as well as visitors to AG. I had it all planned out.

Then, he bottled it. "I don't want to go to Bristol..." he moaned at the end of his last video. All of a sudden, he has real life stuff to deal with. 

I won't name and shame but if you're reading this, you've ruined my thread... I hope your Dark Fruits tastes like cat piss today. Morrisons has a shit sandwich meal deal too. Everyone knows a Boots meal deal is superior. Deal with it. ? 

So.

In light of unforeseen circumstances, today's thread is the Gary O'Neil enigma.

The sloppy seconds of both ourselves and today's visitors, he is STILL plying his trade in the Championship, playing now at Bolton, whom coincidentally nearly gave our guests a run for their money at Carrow Road last week. Signed on a short term deal when we let him go, he has played a few games for Bolton as far as I can see, mainly coming from the sub bench. 

In an article from Sept this year, he comments on his injuries at City but after we put him through his op, he's been fine ever since. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16689664.boltons-gary-oneil-puts-bristol-city-injury-issues-behind-him/

There is no love lost between myself and Gaz. I, amongst others have been blocked on twitter for giving him stick. Mainly for the fact that he drove across the country, twice daily, as his wife and kids refused to move. 412 miles and 7.5 hours round trip. Why didn't he rent a flat during the week? Why take a job knowing that was your commute? It's mind boggling.

Now, assuming the Mrs still has her foot put down and assuming he doesn't have a place in Bolton, again Gaz is destroying his car engine by clocking up 482 miles daily, a round trip of 8 hours.

Is the money really worth it Gaz? Really?

Anyway, today.

Norwich are top of the shop. But the wheels are loosening (see Bolton game). If we catch them on the hop, I'll take a point all day long. 1-1.

COYRs!

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Bit early to start the match day thread for an evening kick off, @Septic Peg.  Me thinks it may be a case of a big hangover from an early Christmas party 

To be honest the first part made no sense to me whatsoever! Looks like the days of having an informative match day thread are gone?

Norwich are playing well at the top of the league.  Give them a physical game on a soggy pitch in the cold pouring rain and they wont like it.  A point would be a decent outcome for me, but as always, hoping for 3 

I fancy COD to get a start and maybe Marley Watkins.

A day for rainproof gear, an umbrella and a hot flask, I think.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hi.

I'm not happy. I'm salty AF.

So this week's thread was based around a YouTube vlogger attending today's match. I was going to dip into the past and look at many vlogs from our own fans as well as visitors to AG. I had it all planned out.

Then, he bottled it. "I don't want to go to Bristol..." he moaned at the end of his last video. All of a sudden, he has real life stuff to deal with. 

I won't name and shame but if you're reading this, you've ruined my thread... I hope your Dark Fruits tastes like cat piss today. Morrisons has a shit sandwich meal deal too. Everyone knows a Boots meal deal is superior. Deal with it. ? 

So.

In light of unforeseen circumstances, today's thread is the Gary O'Neil enigma.

The sloppy seconds of both ourselves and today's visitors, he is STILL plying his trade in the Championship, playing now at Bolton, whom coincidentally nearly gave our guests a run for their money at Carrow Road last week. Signed on a short term deal when we let him go, he has played a few games for Bolton as far as I can see, mainly coming from the sub bench. 

In an article from Sept this year, he comments on his injuries at City but after we put him through his op, he's been fine ever since. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16689664.boltons-gary-oneil-puts-bristol-city-injury-issues-behind-him/

There is no love lost between myself and Gaz. I, amongst others have been blocked on twitter for giving him stick. Mainly for the fact that he drove across the country, twice daily, as his wife and kids refused to move. 412 miles and 7.5 hours round trip. Why didn't he rent a flat during the week? Why take a job knowing that was your commute? It's mind boggling.

Now, assuming the Mrs still has her foot put down and assuming he doesn't have a place in Bolton, again Gaz is destroying his car engine by clocking up 482 miles daily, a round trip of 8 hours.

Is the money really worth it Gaz? Really?

Anyway, today.

Norwich are top of the shop. But the wheels are loosening (see Bolton game). If we catch them on the hop, I'll take a point all day long. 1-1.

COYRs!

Condensed Version 

Norwich:

Pegs on the batter early today

1 all

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Yep, but wouldn’t want to disrupt the hierarchy on here!  

Is there a hierarchy? Really?

Yep, there are spelling police, idiots, keyboard warriors, academics, punctuation Nazi's, coaches, experts, more idiots and failures, but I have never noticed a hierarchy. Who do I need to defer to?

Archived