IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Decided to give this a miss today, lots to do before Xmas, me and my son been ill this week so don't want to take him out in this and risk getting I'll again.

? oh no, you will be slated now for not going!! Im not going either!!

official crowd 19567, actual bums on seats 14000 i reckon. I know quite a few who arent going. 

Hopefully a wet and windy win ( whilst sat in warm comfort watching on tv!). 

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hi.

I'm not happy. I'm salty AF.

So this week's thread was based around a YouTube vlogger attending today's match. I was going to dip into the past and look at many vlogs from our own fans as well as visitors to AG. I had it all planned out.

Then, he bottled it. "I don't want to go to Bristol..." he moaned at the end of his last video. All of a sudden, he has real life stuff to deal with. 

I won't name and shame but if you're reading this, you've ruined my thread... I hope your Dark Fruits tastes like cat piss today. Morrisons has a shit sandwich meal deal too. Everyone knows a Boots meal deal is superior. Deal with it. ? 

So.

In light of unforeseen circumstances, today's thread is the Gary O'Neil enigma.

The sloppy seconds of both ourselves and today's visitors, he is STILL plying his trade in the Championship, playing now at Bolton, whom coincidentally nearly gave our guests a run for their money at Carrow Road last week. Signed on a short term deal when we let him go, he has played a few games for Bolton as far as I can see, mainly coming from the sub bench. 

In an article from Sept this year, he comments on his injuries at City but after we put him through his op, he's been fine ever since. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16689664.boltons-gary-oneil-puts-bristol-city-injury-issues-behind-him/

There is no love lost between myself and Gaz. I, amongst others have been blocked on twitter for giving him stick. Mainly for the fact that he drove across the country, twice daily, as his wife and kids refused to move. 412 miles and 7.5 hours round trip. Why didn't he rent a flat during the week? Why take a job knowing that was your commute? It's mind boggling.

Now, assuming the Mrs still has her foot put down and assuming he doesn't have a place in Bolton, again Gaz is destroying his car engine by clocking up 482 miles daily, a round trip of 8 hours.

Is the money really worth it Gaz? Really?

Anyway, today.

Norwich are top of the shop. But the wheels are loosening (see Bolton game). If we catch them on the hop, I'll take a point all day long. 1-1.

COYRs!

Blimey. Don't piss off the Pegster.

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Bit early to start the match day thread for an evening kick off, @Septic Peg.  Me thinks it may be a case of a big hangover from an early Christmas party 

Nope. I forgot it was a 5.30 KO. Haven't drank for ages. Probably about 6 weeks ago when I had a glass of wine. 

4 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

To be honest the first part made no sense to me whatsoever! Looks like the days of having an informative match day thread are gone?

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Yep, but wouldn’t want to disrupt the hierarchy on here!  

Firstly, I like to make the match day threads light hearted. Heaven knows we need that being City fans. Hav will do a detailed fact filled post and people like that too. 

We are individuals at the end of the day and what is one person's trash, is another's treasure so if you're not keen on my style of writing, that's fine. I'm open to constructive criticism...

Then you posted about hierarchy and now I'm pissed off.

Who the absolute F are you to say that? I am NO better than anyone else on here. Hav is known for one thing, me another. We tend to do the threads because others are happy for us to do so. That doesn't mean we stop anyone else. In fact, Wendy did a thread recently and someone asked to do a Wednesday thread (apologies but I can't remember the name).

So next time you fancy writing a thread, perhaps DM either @havanatopia or myself so we are aware.

Don't you dare try and accuse me of being elitist because I am far from that.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Nope. I forgot it was a 5.30 KO. Haven't drank for ages. Probably about 6 weeks ago when I had a glass of wine. 

Firstly, I like to make the match day threads light hearted. Heaven knows we need that being City fans. Hav will do a detailed fact filled post and people like that too. 

We are individuals at the end of the day and what is one person's trash, is another's treasure so if you're not keen on my style of writing, that's fine. I'm open to constructive criticism...

Who the absolute F are you to say that? I am NO better than anyone else on here. Hav is known for one thing, me another. We tend to do the threads because others are happy for us to do so. That doesn't mean we stop anyone else. In fact, Wendy did a thread recently and someone asked to do a Wednesday thread (apologies but I can't remember the name).

So next time you fancy writing a thread, perhaps DM either @havanatopia or myself so we are aware.

Peg, you're a legend in my eyes.  I'm still trying to convince my wife to cook a full English breakfast some time.  I love the fact that you've had harsh words with O'neil on Twitter, to the extent that you were blocked, awesome!

Anyway, back to the match, COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSS!

I reckon it will be a quality game this evening, but unfortunately Norwich to win it 2-1. 

Still, you never know in the Championship, anything can happen.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Peg, you're a legend in my eyes.  I'm still trying to convince my wife to cook a full English breakfast some time.  I love the fact that you've had harsh words with O'neil on Twitter, to the extent that you were blocked, awesome!

Anyway, back to the match, COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSS!

I reckon it will be a quality game this evening, but unfortunately Norwich to win it 2-1. 

Still, you never know in the Championship, anything can happen.

Thanks Kev. Appreciate it. ?

Fyi, I cooked another breakfast today but Tesco had no hash browns so had to use waffles instead. I am disappointed in my breakfasting skill.

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Peg - don’t let the comments get you down. Your posts are creative, visionary, inspired, insightful, inventive, resourceful, ingenious, enterprising. original, innovative, innovatory, individual, unorthodox, unconventional, nonconformist, unusual, out of the ordinary, off-centre. fanciful, whimsical.(ok, I just copied the last bit from a thesaurus).

Things are often said in jest and the humour doesn’t come across in the written word 

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Thanks Kev. Appreciate it. ?

Fyi, I cooked another breakfast today but Tesco had no hash browns so had to use waffles instead. I am disappointed in my breakfasting skill.

Waffles?  Potato ones?  If so, they are “elite’” cooked breakfast fayre! ?

Sweet ones?  No way, unless purely with bacon and maple syrup!! ? ?

hash browns OUT.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Norwich are playing well at the top of the league.  Give them a physical game on a soggy pitch in the cold pouring rain and they wont like it.  A point would be a decent outcome for me, but as always, hoping for 3 

I fancy COD to get a start and maybe Marley Watkins.

A day for rainproof gear, an umbrella and a hot flask, I think.

Too right they soft old Germans and that Pokémon , Finnish lad won't like it at all .

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Eliasson has one bad game -dropped. How many do Pack, Pato and Andreas have to have? 

That’s the disappointing bit for me. Eliasson has been good at home too. However big chance fit COD, hope he takes it. 

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Don't like the sound of that, Webster will be sorely missed, Baker won't bring the ball out of defence like Webster does. not good!

Hopefully mean Pack won’t come so deep so often

Archived