IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure Pack has been bad enough to drop for someone who’s barely played any football and is only even on the bench because of a lack of options tbh, though appreciate he has to get game time somehow. 

I'd say he has been bad enough. 

And if Morrell isn't given a chance now with players in front of him injured and one of the incumbents terribly out of form then when will he ever be given a chance?

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure Pack has been bad enough to drop for someone who’s barely played any football and is only even on the bench because of a lack of options tbh, though appreciate he has to get game time somehow. 

Agree, just stating there was a CM on the bench

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, just stating there was a CM on the bench

I think the fact you named an academy player, while answering the question, also proved the point being made about the lack of options.

I think it would be good for Morrell to get more time, but to start against the team who were top prior to the 3pm games is a big ask.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I'd say he has been bad enough. 

And if Morrell isn't given a chance now with players in front of him injured and one of the incumbents terribly out of form then when will he ever be given a chance?

Yeah fair point, but I’m guessing if he was showing enough in training to be seriously pushing Pack then we might have seen it by now. 

Anyone would think Morrell is a child - he'll be 22 in a couple of weeks!

If he's thought good enough for contracts at this age there should be no fear of him featuring right now in place of out of form players.

Or perhaps he'll keep on getting new contracts without progressing much, and in a few years the backroom analysts will strongly recommend to the coach he gives him a try as a striker?

Archived