IGNORED

My Annual Aggghhhh bloody Christmas thread!!!

RedM

I’ve been really good, left it until today but after yesterday I found myself spiralling downwards towards me wanting to fast forward until Christmas is over once again. I know there are a few of you that feel the same so please join me and reunite our little exclusive club.

I really can’t stand the portrayal of ‘look at me I’ve got the perfect family’ everywhere at the moment. All the falseness of thinking you are obliged to send cards etc to family you haven’t seen or heard of since the last time you sent them a card. All the pressure for everything to be bigger, better, more wonderful.

Sod the lot of it, Bah Humbug. #Hibernating

We all agreed a while ago no presents (apart from the tots), we buy ourselves something and then just open it - kind of reverse to normal as you know whats inside and no one else does. Makes things a lot less stressful, and the Christmas buildup more fun (plus I get the one or two things I want and not a bag full or random stuff I stick in a cupboard until I bin it a few years later).

• Admin
53 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I will counter this with my annual "Christmas is great, New Year is shite" post.

Start your own bloody thread, this thread is for us Christmas haters, pissed off with seeing Xmas decorations in November, 70’s bloody Xmas songs playing everywhere, people going insane spending loads of money on presents and food that they can ill-afford and don’t actually need.

Xmas jumpers ?, works Xmas parties and pubs full of part time drinkers with no idea of pub etiquette, roll on Jan 2nd......

I was in on this in previous years & I’m happily back in on it again this year & it’s exactly as you say, cards from people you hardly ever see or hear from! My Mum passed in July & just really can’t be arsed with it, I have no decorations up, the cards I’ve received have gone straight into the recycling & when I move house in the New Year, not many will get my new address!!

There is more going on in my life at the moment that means wasting needless time shopping for stuff that no one actually wants or appreciates is well down my list of priorities. I did my shopping for my daughter’s presents in July & the presents are somewhere in the back of the cupboard. My Christmas Day will be spent visiting one of my best mates who has cancer in Oncology, there ain’t a whole lot to be celebrating at this moment in time.

Well, I love Christmas.

My family isn't perfect, in fact most of the time it's quite rubbish. I don't feel obliged to send cards, but if somebody wants to send me one, then great. The wife and I have a budget for presents, and we'll only buy what we can afford for other family members. I like a Christmas jumper (though I did like them more before they became "fashionable"). Oh, and I resent the suggestion that I don't actually need to eat until I'm sick - that's the fun of it!! ?

Honestly don't get why there is pressure on anybody at Christmas. Just do your own thing and have fun ?

So yes, in summary, cheer up you miserable buggers!! ????????

23 minutes ago, Spoons said:

A thread for all you miserable singles feeling sorry for yourselves !!  Cheer up its Christmas !!

Hey I’m not single, far from it. And sod off it’s my thread for exclusive members. Go and start your own thread and fill it with tinsel and sparkle if that’s your thing.

ps. Thanks for my very first dickhead emoji, bit of a strange choice but I’ll take it ?

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Hey I’m not single, far from it. And sod off it’s my thread for exclusive members. Go and start your own thread and fill it with tinsel and sparkle if that’s your thing.

ps. Thanks for my very first ******** emoji, bit of a strange choice but I’ll take it ?

You were rewarded that for being so miserable!!! 

Can I join this club? Used to quite enjoy it, but now the kids have grown up, I have to spend time with relatives I am not that fond of and after a few drinks, usually end up rowing with!!

Got sent this and it did make me smile! It is explicit so check when you play it.

I don't mind the event itself (I have primary school age kids, so seeing their excitement in the build up and on the day is the best part, although its expensive as my son's birthday is on Boxing Day but that's another matter). 

Its the other insufferable stuff I can't abide at all - is it me or does the countdown to Christmas get earlier every year, I swear that when I was younger nothing about Christmas ever appeared before December?  Also the competitive nature of whoever spends the most is a better parent nonsense, and don't get me started on the Christmas markets, congesting an already packed Broadmead with tat.

On 19/12/2018 at 11:21, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I don't mind the event itself (I have primary school age kids, so seeing their excitement in the build up and on the day is the best part, although its expensive as my son's birthday is on Boxing Day but that's another matter). 

Its the other insufferable stuff I can't abide at all - is it me or does the countdown to Christmas get earlier every year, I swear that when I was younger nothing about Christmas ever appeared before December?  Also the competitive nature of whoever spends the most is a better parent nonsense, and don't get me started on the Christmas markets, congesting an already packed Broadmead with tat.

One advantage over here in Paris is that, Thanks, inter alia, to the 'Gilets Jaunes', the awful 'Christmas Market' between the Champs and Concorde has been abandoned ?

I'm a miserable git most of the year and there are things I hate about Christmas so I don't do them but there are things that I do like about Christmas so I do them, those people who say they hate everything about Christmas imo are just as bad as those that are signing Christmas songs and have decorations up in November :whistle:. However what really gets on my nerves is religion trying to cash in on Christmas. Get your own bloody holiday :shifty::innocent06:

54 minutes ago, Big C said:

I'm a miserable git most of the year and there are things I hate about Christmas so I don't do them but there are things that I do like about Christmas so I do them, those people who say they hate everything about Christmas imo are just as bad as those that are signing Christmas songs and have decorations up in November :whistle:. However what really gets on my nerves is religion trying to cash in on Christmas. Get your own bloody holiday :shifty::innocent06:

Agreed,can’t stand most of it but the silver lining has always been that you get a few days off work,I’m easily pleased ?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Role call. Did you all survive? The future is bright, it’s matchday. Even a 5 nil thrashing looks a better prospect than CDay.. 

Had a lovely Xmas day at my sisters. She did all the cooking and prepared a full on Xmas lunch - lovely! Just one glass of wine before Xmas games in the afternoon - always a good laugh. 

Only had one minor sibling squabble on Xmas eve but that was down to her bossing me around!  I told her she was behaving like our late mother.......that went down like a lead balloon....................:cool2:

Archived