IGNORED

Tomlin on loan to Posh

Septic Peg

38 minutes ago, Taz said:

Which I think they will do, in some capacity. It may be a subsidised loan until his Cardiff contract is up, it could be a "mutual" termination. Either way, I think its obvious that Colin doesn't want him around though, especially after shipping him out on loan already before this.

You listen to the "rumours" from his time here, and then read between the lines since he joined Cardiff, and let's be fair it doesn't look good for Mr Loyal Love, or whatever that crap brand is.

Has to be one of the most frustrating players of modern time. All the talent when he wants to show it, which to be fair isn't very often (or until he wins a permanent contract with a huge signing on fee!!)

Providing he is still living in Leicester (couldn't care less tbf), then Peterborough isn't a bad move for him. At least from the living arrangements situation...

Between us an Cardiff we will have burnt about £7-9m on him in last 3/4 yrs (lost value, signing fees and wages)

Waster

Wasnt it rumoured Tomlin bullied some of the younger players or something?

Back to the main subject (rejoining Posh) I'm a little surprised McAnthony would have Tomlin back at Peterborough, he, apparently, got deliberately sent off in something like 4 of his last 6 games for them and smashed up a club office when trying to force a move. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Between us an Cardiff we will have burnt about £7-9m on him in last 3/4 yrs (lost value, signing fees and wages)

Waster

Modern day Tony Dinning I suppose, is great on loan then gets his feet under the table. Trouble is with football, the transfer fees have increased so much, what we spunked on Dinning probably wasnt much more than Tomlin comparatively. Makes you sick when there are good honest pros out there who would give their left arm for half the talent of someone like Tomlin. 

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Back to the main subject (rejoining Posh) I'm a little surprised McAnthony would have Tomlin back at Peterborough, he, apparently, got deliberately sent off in something like 4 of his last 6 games for them and smashed up a club office when trying to force a move. 

Must admit, I hadn't heard that until I read it on here a few days ago, but I think it may have come from one of the more reliable posters.

Fits with some of the other stuff you heard when he left though to be fair....

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That’s hilarious, hope it’s true 

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That’s hilarious, hope it’s true 

I know that by the end of January when he left for Middlesbrough he had been sent off 6 times.

His total red cards in his career at that point was 8.

Because of his discipline that season there were additional games added to the suspensions as well.

edit- found an article with the MacAnthony quote I had been trying to remember.

One of the last paragraphs in an interview about Jack Marriott.

The player did not want to stay, he made that very clear - he didn't go to the stage where Lee Tomlin was ripping offices up six years ago to get a move or get sent off five times, he wasn't like that but there was no way he was going to be starting the season with us in our team.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-marriott-salary-derby-county-14986878

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Interesting, because the only thing I heard was him protecting Bobby Reid from O’Neil after Reading away....GON having a right go at Reid for missing chances. In that game O’Neil got our goal late on. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting, because the only thing I heard was him protecting Bobby Reid from O’Neil after Reading away....GON having a right go at Reid for missing chances. In that game O’Neil got our goal late on. 

I vaguely recall it getting mentioned on here around January time that season, although that was probably part of the continued discussion that crept up every few weeks after the game where Tomlin gestured at LJ (Huddersfield away?)

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tbf I remember seeing Reid miss some hilarious sitters that season 

Archived