IGNORED

Tomlin on loan to Posh

Septic Peg

42 minutes ago, harrys said:

Really don’t get the hatred for him, why don’t people try to remember the classier moments he gave us (who can forget that last minute winner at Fulham) instead of showing such bitterness

Because he let us down .

He played when it suited him and his behaviour caused big problems at the club .

Basically he took the piss out of the club and the supporters.

What do you want ? That we send him flowers ? 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Lee Tomlin was supremely talented, that goal above where he sest up the ball for himself by putting spin on it is amazing, but some players, in line with a lot of people whatever their job, want an easy and enjoyable life.

If you can be paid millions, show off a bit, but generally take it easy then that's an attractive option.

Chritsiano Ronaldo lives his life in the gym and on the training ground in order to be the absolute best player he can be and one of the best ever.  That works for him.

Lee Tomlin can earn more money than he can ever spend whilst enjoying his free time doing whatever he wants.  It works for him.

I thought the same of our own Tommy Doherty - the guy was very talented and could have gone a lot a further, he could have been a Northern Ireland international legend. 

He chose instead to have a hugely enjoyable and well paid ten years.

Whilst most of us think that if we had the chance to be a pro footballer we would do everything to be the best possible I think the reality would be that there would be as many Dohertys and Tomlins as Ronaldos and Bales.

The reality is that most people do not have the mind set to give themselves a chance. That chance starts in childhood. While the rest of us did what we felt like Lee Tomlin would have been practising. Football talent is not accidental, it is focussed practice. 

For various reasons Peterborough may be Lee Tomlins level … Bale and Ronaldo not only have a work ethic they also have genetic advantage.

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Because he let us down .

He played when it suited him and his behaviour caused big problems at the club .

Basically he took the piss out of the club and the supporters.

What do you want ? That we send him flowers ? 

Get a grip, I can name hundreds of players who have stole a living playing for the City over my many years of following them, life’s to short to be so bitter mate

25 minutes ago, harrys said:

Get a grip, I can name hundreds of players who have stole a living playing for the City over my many years of following them, life’s to short to be so bitter mate

If you ever bump into LJ , ask him about Tomlin and I think he will make his feelings about what Tomlin did here , at our club , and the disruption and problems he caused quite clear

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Lee Tomlin can earn more money than he can ever spend whilst enjoying his free time doing whatever he wants It works for him.

He’ll have to live off that money for an awfully long time. The stats on footballers - even at the highest level - being broke within a matter of years are pretty eye opening. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I thought the same of our own Tommy Doherty - the guy was very talented and could have gone a lot a further, he could have been a Northern Ireland international legend. 

We all knew Tommy Doc liked a beer and a burger but the difference between him and Tomlin is clear, Tommy was popular with the lads, staff and fans.

Tommy also wasn't a complete ******/arrogant toerag/thinking he was God's gift etc.

It's pretty much common knowledge now that Tomlin caused rows within the dressing room with players and the staff. Wilbs was the only one that could get a degree of sense in to him but even that didn't work often.

The bloke needed serious help with his people skills but when you've got that sort of cash floating around the ears, he was not open to criticism or keeping feet on the ground. Add his bad attitude into the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

He’ll have to live off that money for an awfully long time. The stats on footballers - even at the highest level - being broke within a matter of years are pretty eye opening. 

Their problem is that they, or their wives, want to continue to live like millionaires.

If they settled down and lived a normal life then even £2m properly invested from age thirty would mean that they never needed to work again.

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If anyone was going to pi$$ all their money up the wall before they even finish playing, it'll be Tomlin.

A terrific player on his day but toxic the rest of the time. As others have said, if NW couldn`t get a tune out of him there really is no hope - for all his faults Mr Warnock can usually sort out a prima donna. Also, if the rumours that were circulating at the time of his sale about bullying of younger players had any truth to them, he needed shipping out in any case.

And if anyone thinks he didn`t miss that penalty v Burton on purpose...………………………..

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Really don’t get the hatred for him, why don’t people try to remember the classier moments he gave us (who can forget that last minute winner at Fulham) instead of showing such bitterness

Get your point here, but it doesn't help that he's clearly an absolute **** of a bloke. 

A lot of the great moments in his loan spell were soon forgotten when he was poor in his permanent spell with us.  

Ended up at Cardiff, h'es overweight the list goes on. 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Their problem is that they, or their wives, want to continue to live like millionaires.

If they settled down and lived a normal life then even £2m properly invested from age thirty would mean that they never needed to work again.

Or the childrens’ nanny! 

He doesn’t strike me as the type to live sensibly and invest for the future. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Lee Tomlin was supremely talented, that goal above where he sest up the ball for himself by putting spin on it is amazing, but some players, in line with a lot of people whatever their job, want an easy and enjoyable life.

If you can be paid millions, show off a bit, but generally take it easy then that's an attractive option.

Chritsiano Ronaldo lives his life in the gym and on the training ground in order to be the absolute best player he can be and one of the best ever.  That works for him.

Lee Tomlin can earn more money than he can ever spend whilst enjoying his free time doing whatever he wants.  It works for him.

Whilst most of us think that if we had the chance to be a pro footballer we would do everything to be the best possible I think the reality would be that there would be as many Dohertys and Tomlins as Ronaldos and Bales.

Tomlin and others like him are cheating the fans with their insincerity’s and dishonesty. There are plenty of others that can offer far greater talent but didn’t get the opportunity because of people like Tomlin. True he has a talent but means nothing if you don’t use it.

12 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Care to elaborate on his behalf Bob?

Put it this way , he was still making references to Tomlin problems at last Forum

Ive heard , ( not from LJ Tbf , who in public has been very professional & guarded Tbf ) and posted previously , (from a source I trust)  of some of his behaviour here 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Put it this way , he was still making references to Tomlin problems at last Forum

Ive heard , ( not from LJ Tbf , who in public has been very professional & guarded Tbf ) and posted previously , (from a source I trust)  of some of his behaviour here 

Could you link me to the posts? Always fascinated about behind the scenes going ons. 

1 hour ago, Xspence said:

“We will need to work on his match fitness, but he looked in great shape physically today” said Steve Evans of their meeting at the KFC drive through......

Many a true word spoken in jest. The KFC is the opposite side of London Road from the Posh ground. 

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=519221&y=297840&z=0&sv=pe2+8ar&st=2&pc=pe2+8ar&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Guarantee his Cardiff contract will be ripped up at the end of the season, then perm rejoin posh.

That’s a lot of contract to rip up with a year left on it....to let Peterborough have him for nothing, bearing in mind what they do to other clubs after their players!

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t see him doing that

Big disparage in wages

Cardiff May have to come to a settlement 

Your probably right considering the type of bloke he is, a mutal agreement perhaps or loan him until his deal is up?

Warnock now knows what he’s got on his hands and has got shot of him twice already since he’s joined, with the payments they get just for being in the Prem even if it is only for 1 season, then parachute payments on top of they do come back down, paying off someone who even Warnock can’t handle will be a pittance.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t see him doing that

Big disparage in wages

Cardiff May have to come to a settlement 

Which I think they will do, in some capacity. It may be a subsidised loan until his Cardiff contract is up, it could be a "mutual" termination. Either way, I think its obvious that Colin doesn't want him around though, especially after shipping him out on loan already before this.

You listen to the "rumours" from his time here, and then read between the lines since he joined Cardiff, and let's be fair it doesn't look good for Mr Loyal Love, or whatever that crap brand is.

Has to be one of the most frustrating players of modern time. All the talent when he wants to show it, which to be fair isn't very often (or until he wins a permanent contract with a huge signing on fee!!)

Providing he is still living in Leicester (couldn't care less tbf), then Peterborough isn't a bad move for him. At least from the living arrangements situation...

Archived