IGNORED

Dele Alli

Port Said Red

46 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m more impressed that when struck by a bottle he stayed on his feet instead of falling over!  FairPlay to him for giving it back, why do idiots watch football, really annoys me

I'm all for players giving some back but Alli was embarrassing, gets hit with the bottle, gives some back, then decides to hold his head as though it really hurt and check for blood :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I'm all for players giving some back but Alli was embarrassing, gets hit with the bottle, gives some back, then decides to hold his head as though it really hurt and check for blood :facepalm:

I would probably check mine if hit by a bottle.

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

True but plenty of players would have hit the deck on contact so a modicum of progress!

I haven’t seen the incident but i’d imagine that most players would be rolling about on the floor if hit with anything more than a fag butt so fair play to him

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

I haven’t seen the incident but i’d imagine that most players would be rolling about on the floor if hit with anything more than a fag butt so fair play to him

Remember Frank Skinner saying that during Euro 96 he was watching Germany on the telly.

When he went to get a beer he knocked the TV and Klinsman went down in the box.

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes straight away you would, not waiting until you've given the supporters some stick first.

He did straight away, put his hand to his head as a natural reaction. He then checked again after he give the fans what for.....completely justified in my books

• Admin
2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m more impressed that when struck by a bottle he stayed on his feet instead of falling over!  FairPlay to him for giving it back, why do idiots watch football, really annoys me

Agree, fair play to him

The ONLY shame was that he didn't pick the bottle of water up and pretend to drink it, then say "cheers"

The finish was lovely. 

I liked the way he gave it back. Didn't get too wound up and just reminded them of the score. Sometimes that'll wind up the fans even more. Looked like he got under Granit Xhaka's skin shortly after also (not like that's very difficult but still). He wasted a bit of time and tucked the ball into the net after being flagged offside and Xhaka squared up to him as a result, dangerous move on a yellow card. 

To be fair to him, there was still water in that bottle so I imagine it hurt a bit coming from that distance. It looked like it came from a few rows back.  

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

True but plenty of players would have hit the deck on contact so a modicum of progress!

1 hour ago, harrys said:

.....and managers....Neil Lennon was embarrassing lying on the ground recently writhing in agony holding his head when a coin hit him in the chest....obviously not condoning the throwing of any object but it doesn’t help when the whole situation is exaggerated and escalated....

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just seen what led to the Arsenal "supporter" lobbing the water bottle in his direction - not the wisest thing to do

image.png 

He did that after as a response to it, he was just by the side of the pitch when it was lobbed at him

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just seen what led to the Arsenal "supporter" lobbing the water bottle in his direction - not the wisest thing to do

image.png 

Reminds me of the Theo Walcott thing a few years ago.

Stretchered off against Spurs when at Arsenal, carried past all their fans getting loads of abuse and coins thrown at him, so he reminded them of the score.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Ahh ok, the report I read said this was before 

image.png

No it was definitely after because my Mrs was shocked that he got hit with a bottle, and I said, once he did that, he'll get hit by a load more in a minute!!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We signed Fammy for more money than Spurs paid for Alli - and only two years between those transfers....it’s a funny old world...

In fairness Alli was signed from league 1, had it been championship the fee probably would have been a lot higher. Also I imagine there's a huge sell on clause in that. Hopefully he stays at Spurs his whole career so MK don't see a penny.

Just now, hodge said:

In fairness Alli was signed from league 1, had it been championship the fee probably would have been a lot higher. Also I imagine there's a huge sell on clause in that. Hopefully he stays at Spurs his whole career so MK don't see a penny.

Well technically he was signed from a championship club....he was signed in Feb 2015 by Spurs and then loaned back to MK Dons for the rest of that season - they were then promoted to the championship as runners up to some underachieving, sleeping giant, massive club....then he joined Spurs permanently - when MK were a championship club...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well technically he was signed from a championship club....he was signed in Feb 2015 by Spurs and then loaned back to MK Dons for the rest of that season - they were then promoted to the championship as runners up to some underachieving, sleeping giant, massive club....then he joined Spurs permanently - when MK were a championship club...

You've said it yourself, from that point on he's a Tottenham player on loan at MK, doesn't matter when he joined up with Spurs he was signed while a league 1 player.

Archived