IGNORED

OK so which centre forward do we want in January

barneyrubble

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He would be a good fit TBH Bob but, as you say, he's on top dollar I should think.

Cracking player when he was at Brentford though. 

Injury has blighted him so would also be a bit of a gamble 

But , he’s one of those , if you get the call right I sense we could get at a reasonable price (No obvious future at Villa & injury record) and if we could get him playing and rolling again could look a v good buy

Would be a gamble though but one that could take us upwards 

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Like to see us give Eisa some game time to show what he can do before we panic buy someone else... the lad is a natural finisher from what I have seen, which is what we are missing.

Give Eisa a chance.

Agreed.

I'm not sure where all this money is supposed to be coming from to sign all these players, seems we've pissed most of our funds up the wall.

Jermaine Defoe...??!  More chance of Germaine Greer.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Agreed.

I'm not sure where all this money is supposed to be coming from to sign all these players, seems we've pissed most of our funds up the wall.

Nahhhhhhh

‘Luke Ayling , threw them , no sorry , was present , when they were thrown over a balcony at Cheltenham ‘ 

:whistle2:

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Agreed.

No. No. No. Our two targets are from Liddypool. It's Daryl Doonicely and Jermaine, deffo.

On 23/12/2018 at 10:33, 1960maaan said:

There are players, but the good players are usually contracted, and would come at a premium in January. If your budget is big enough you can get anyone, ours isn't. I also don't want to see another for the future, I'd rather either get a loan which is still difficult , or not bother. If there was a loanee out there pulling up trees in L1 maybe look at them , but you are expecting a young(ish) kid to come in and improve the side, big ask.

I really think to upgrade we would have to offload Taylor, maybe another (Baker?) but even then to sign someone who would make an instant improvement would still probably be beyond our budget.

We may both be wrong. SL may see a promotion challenge there for the making and the scouting team may have a target already, stranger things have happened. Probably not though.

With Walsh and Smith still a way off , a midfielder would be handy. But again with out budget, and the fact we actually have Pack, Brownhill , Smith and Walsh, plus a couple of promising young players on the periphery I can't see the purse string being loosened enough to make it worth while. 

I just think we are stuck with what we have for now, maybe a loan? But even that , with our recent record they may have second thoughts.

As for Eisa, at 5-0 up at halftime LJ will rest Fam after getting his hat trick and Eisa will get 45 on Boxing Day :cool2:

Don't be daft.

We won't score 50 goals!

2 hours ago, tin said:

Kieran Dowell on loan from Everton for the rest of the season in the No.10 role would do very nicely. 

I would love Dowell in Jan. In my opinion this would be the most exciting signing we’ve had in years. Young, creative, goalscoring player who’s shown he can cut the mustard at this level.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keep thinking Hogan

Wages though ...

Like a few have said, probably unlikely but....

Depends if he is keen to play, or is happy on his wages.
Villa might be keen to off load as their finances must still be a bit of a mess FFP wise.
Maybe a loan with agreed fee , then we have a chance to look at him. Injuries would effect the fee too.

As I said might be unlikely but circumstances  might work in our favour. I still think there is more chance of a loan though.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't he going to Sheff Utd? I could have sworn I read it somewhere.

A good mate of mine works for Everton and says he never hears any transfer rumours until they’re a done deal. He’s heard nothing about Dowell going to Sheff Utd, and says he’s as a good a bloke as he is a player so no Ryan Kent-style big-time Charlie syndrome. 

If he’s available we should be in for him. The thought of him in behind Diedhiou with Eliasson and O’Dowda either side would give us half a sniff of the play-offs IMO, although whether LJ can see that given his blind loyalty to Pato I very much doubt. 

Archived