IGNORED

DUNDER

Allwaysred

4 hours ago, TBW said:

If it's not against the rules and they're the highest bidder, so be it. Why should we set ourselves rules that would hold us back from gaining as much investment as possible whilst other teams carry on and have the money to spend?

We aren't a special case who are going to just be alright without it because we've got a rich owner. There has to be some sustainability about how we move forwards financially and Dunder have contributed towards that at present.

There was too much of a shortfall between Dunder and Lancer Scott for us to turn down the money.

If you had a family member offer to buy your house for £200,000 or a rather unsightly family offering £250,000, whose deal you taking?

Depends on whether you’re a decent person and have shed loads of cash.

I can’t believe the different level of sponsorship is a massive cash injection in the big scheme of things.

Plus didn’t we terminate the contract of Lancer Scott, not a good look.

12 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Clear states City and the community so i wud take city as a whole including investment for future signings otherwise why not just promote them as a shirt sponsor and be done. Let's not forget Lancer Scott had signed a new deal before being terminated soon after.

You had me at "wud" 

3 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

We a corporate venture now not a club but I'm sure most would of done their homework on Adam Webber of Dunder once of Bet365 and Betway of course but only a shirt sponsor my arse.

I honestly don’t think you understand?  It’s been spelt out so many times in this thread.  Dunder agreed to pay £x to the club, this money then goes into the club’s budget to spend.  I imagine the contract may specify the percentage of the investment between the community and the team but that’ll be about it.

If you’re suggesting something different, that the quoted post appears to suggest, I’d like to hear it.

13 hours ago, TBW said:

It's not screwing them over, it's making the most of your own investment on your assets. May as well just hand over £50k for no reason...

Estate Agency: "your house is worth £250k."

Random: "I'd like to offer you £250k."

Family: "I'll give you £200k."

... You'd seriously give up a fifth of your investments worth just because someone asked you to?

This decision is a lot less objective than you are perceiving it to be. Some people out there would do that if they valued their family, or did not care as much about money. Such a thing does exist, amazingly. If you're one of those people that would only look at the money, than fair enough. I know plenty of people who are materialistically as rich as they ever would want to be, yet live sad, purposeless lives, and they don't realise this until they have burnt their bridges with those closest to them.

I can’t believe this issued has raised its head again. So we, as are many others, are sponsored by a gambling company, big deal. Why should City disadvantage themselves by turning down a perfectly legal offer of a substantial sponsorship deal purely because a few people find it morally offensive? But then again my match day experience involves driving to the game, having at least one alcoholic beverage and eating a meat based product, so I’m screwed and going to hell anyway apparently so my opinions may not be the best

11 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

This decision is a lot less objective than you are perceiving it to be. Some people out there would do that if they valued their family, or did not care as much about money. Such a thing does exist, amazingly. If you're one of those people that would only look at the money, than fair enough. I know plenty of people who are materialistically as rich as they ever would want to be, yet live sad, purposeless lives, and they don't realise this until they have burnt their bridges with those closest to them.

Unfortunately this is a business. No place for handouts just for the sake of being nice. 

Archived