IGNORED

Inter Milan v Napoli

22A

Reported on the Europe Today news channel that these two clubs met today. One fan killed outside the San Siro, Inside a Senegalese player in the visiting side was subject to constant racial abuse. The napoli players & manager appealed to the Ref who should have stopped the game, but he waved play on and the unfortunate player had to be substituted to end the abuse.

A "studio expert" calmly stated this sort of thing is common in Italian football; clubs don't react with the fans, they are just sen as a problem that won't go away.

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

Reported on the Europe Today news channel that these two clubs met today. One fan killed outside the San Siro, Inside a Senegalese player in the visiting side was subject to constant racial abuse. The napoli players & manager appealed to the Ref who should have stopped the game, but he waved play on and the unfortunate player had to be substituted to end the abuse.

A "studio expert" calmly stated this sort of thing is common in Italian football; clubs don't react with the fans, they are just sen as a problem that won't go away.

4 Napoli fans stabbed too

Cowardly knife carrying Italians pfffff

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

I believe that the abused player was sent off for two yellow card offences in a matter of seconds 

Ancelotti said if it happens again (assume it's happened before, the Koulibaly stuff) Napoli would walk off.

Anyway Inter 2 games behind closed doors in Serie A, 3rd game with no ultras allowed- by order of either Italian FA or Serie A, unsure which. 

Appreciate the problems are far worse over there, by a million miles but in that context is it slightly surprising that Chelsea had no threat of behind closed doors after the Sterling issue plus recent anti-Semitic chanting? (In fairness to Chelsea, they seem very hot on such issues).

36 minutes ago, Highburnred said:

I believe that the abused player was sent off for two yellow card offences in a matter of seconds 

Indeed, shown on Sky, booked for a foul and then for applauding the referee sarcastically. It doesn't condone the abuse regardless. 

The poor Napoli fan that was killed was hit by a car while 4 fans were, as Bob said, stabbed after the game.

At Italia '90, we were camping on the beach at Rimini and loads of young Italians were riding up and down the promenade on scooters brandishing knives so it's not a new problem over there. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Indeed, shown on Sky, booked for a foul and then for applauding the referee sarcastically. It doesn't condone the abuse regardless. 

The poor Napoli fan that was killed was hit by a car while 4 fans were, as Bob said, stabbed after the game.

At Italia '90, we were camping on the beach at Rimini and loads of young Italians were riding up and down the promenade on scooters brandishing knives so it's not a new problem over there. 

In Sardinia , they were lurking around campsites doing the same 

Couple of their cars  caught fire whilst they were out n about roaming ,

gets hot there in the summer 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In Sardinia , they were lurking around campsites doing the same 

Couple of their cars  caught fire whilst they were out n about roaming ,

gets hot there in the summer 

I heard about that while over there Bob but we had managed to book into a hostel in Sassari rather than a campsite so were out of the way a bit. Most headed for Cagliari as I remember it. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I heard about that while over there Bob but we had managed to book into a hostel in Sassari rather than a campsite so were out of the way a bit. Most headed for Cagliari as I remember it. 

Yep we were in a campsite on the beach , a few miles outside Cagliari , 10 mins from training ground

Fantastic couple of weeks there !

From a punishment POV though- like I say problem much worse over there, by far.

Still, makes you wonder- what did Chelsea get for anti Semitic (okay some of them may have intended it as anti Tottenham) chanting plus the Sterling stuff? Have any clubs post 1992 definitely in the UK certainly ever been ordered to even have some elements of their crowd shut out/behind closed doors? My guess would be no. (Excluding away games in Europe, punishments such as this would be handed down by UEFA).

Is there an element of overhype though? Went to Serie A big game myself last August- Roma-Inter at Olimpico. Don't remember any of this type of thing- got lucky or?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From a punishment POV though- like I say problem much worse over there, by far.

Still, makes you wonder- what did Chelsea get for anti Semitic (okay some of them may have intended it as anti Tottenham) chanting plus the Sterling stuff? Have any clubs post 1992 definitely in the UK certainly ever been ordered to even have some elements of their crowd shut out/behind closed doors? My guess would be no. (Excluding away games in Europe, punishments such as this would be handed down by UEFA).

Is there an element of overhype though? Went to Serie A big game myself last August- Roma-Inter at Olimpico. Don't remember any of this type of thing- got lucky or?

Have Chelsea been punished for those incidents yet though? Unless I’ve missed it I haven’t seen/heard anything yet?

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Have Chelsea been punished for those incidents yet though? Unless I’ve missed it I haven’t seen/heard anything yet?

I'll be fair to Chelsea- (I don't especially like them but I'll be fair) they seem to be very tough and proactive on incidents like this. I also accept it's a small minority most likely.

I'm just making a wider point really- when was the last time our own FA or PL handed down a behind closed doors- even for only partial stadium ban- for this sort of thing?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll be fair to Chelsea- (I don't especially like them but I'll be fair) they seem to be very tough and proactive on incidents like this. I also accept it's a small minority most likely.

I'm just making a wider point really- when was the last time our own FA or PL handed down a behind closed doors- even for only partial stadium ban- for this sort of thing?

Yeah and fair play to Chelsea for being tough, it’s how it should be, but knowing FIFA/UEFA they will look past that and most likely punish/fine them more than most clubs who are frequent in this sort of behaviour, that’s why usually happens.

With the PL and FA I’d imagine they will most likely threaten Chelsea with a stadium ban following the Sterling incident along with a hefty fine, but where it’s an uncommon thing to happen to in this country (for it to happen very publicly, or not even reported) I doubt very much it will result in a straight stadium ban, although if they want to stamp this out and do they should it’s the only way they can show how tough they are clamping down on it.

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yeah and fair play to Chelsea for being tough, it’s how it should be, but knowing FIFA/UEFA they will look past that and most likely punish/fine them more than most clubs who are frequent in this sort of behaviour, that’s why usually happens.

With the PL and FA I’d imagine they will most likely threaten Chelsea with a stadium ban following the Sterling incident along with a hefty fine, but where it’s an uncommon thing to happen to in this country (for it to happen very publicly, or not even reported) I doubt very much it will result in a straight stadium ban, although if they want to stamp this out and do they should it’s the only way they can show how tough they are clamping down on it.

I don't expect anything like a Stadium ban by the FA or PL.

UEFA might though, they have form for it. Probably if it was away fans which I believe it was in their UEFA designated game then there maybe a restriction on Chelsea away fans as opposed to at Stamford Bridge. UEFA are generally quite tough on it though- but not necessarily with the biggest clubs or countries. FIFA? They talk tough but...

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

We were in Rimini about 3-4 years ago for the San Marino game. The Italians haven’t changed mate. Cowards tried to attack us in a bar late at night, with baseball bats and balaclavas! Think they thought there were only a few stragglers left in there. 

Turns out there was only a few of us left, but we certainly weren’t stragglers and they quickly turned tail after we fought back. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Chelsea was different as the guy was cleared of racially abusing him, though did amit to yelling to "Manc Cnut" 

Of course it isn't a story which is why it went by quietly

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Isn’t it the case that the ultras practically run the clubs over there? If this is the case how would you even start getting rid of the problem?

The ultras are well involved with the running of the clubs and also the political situation over there

Must be bordering on mafia control?

13 hours ago, 22A said:

Terrible, heard about it this morning. Racist chanting inside the San Siro for 90mins, then outside a transit van runs over Inter ultras. Then a 60 man brawl, featuring explosives, followed by 4 stabbings and 1 death. Crazy over there, far tougher action required by the Italian FA and Government.

Thought all this nonsense would stop after that police officer died in Sicily a few years back (believe it was Palermo v Juventus?).

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Chelsea was different as the guy was cleared of racially abusing him, though did amit to yelling to "Manc ****" 

Of course it isn't a story which is why it went by quietly

The ultras are well involved with the running of the clubs and also the political situation over there

Must be bordering on mafia control?

Your first point, definitely confirmed is it? Chelsea definitely seem to have a recurring theme however (the anti-Semitic chanting in addition I mean).

I'm sure it is a tiny minority and the anti-Semitic chants seem to overlap with anti-Tottenham which muddies water further.

Second point, I fully agree.

I remember going to Rome in 1997  when we drew 0 0 to qualify for France 98. It was the first real big away game for England after euro 96 . A lot of families and people went and were totally shocked and shit scared on how they were treated by the police and local lads on scooters with knives . It was a big wake up call after the party atmosphere of Wembley for a lot Of traveling England fans who went that weekend for there first away game 

Archived