IGNORED

Pisano

Red-Robbo

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Interesting.  When I saw he was not even on bench thought he must be injured, sick whatever. Then saw him pre match warming up and bounding across the pitch with Mo.  

On another thread saw it mentioned ‘rested’ for Stoke.  Seems to me that LJ just fancied Hunt for this one ?

Apparently, LJ bravely picked a small back 4 for today's game and it paid off

Presumably , he's going for a larger one at Stoke.

Anyone told him, Rory Delap retired years ago?

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Apparently, LJ bravely picked a small back 4 for today's game and it paid off

Presumably , he's going for a larger one at Stoke.

Anyone told him, Rory Delap retired years ago?

According to LJ, the sport science told him that Pisano would struggle with 4 games in 12 days.  I think that is fair enough.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

LJ said post match that Pisano with his injury record and aged 31 wasn’t worth risking him playing 4 games in quick succession over the festive period.

He was rested.

So now he has the decision about Jack Hunt (MotM not mine though) drop him for the Stoke game?

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd play Pisano when we need a solid back 4, Hunt when we want our full backs attacking more.

Good call , except he has to piss off a guy that has come in and not done a lot wrong by changing a team that has won.

He talks like he has been there and done it, so I'm quite sure Lee will fill us in on all the whys and the wherefores of his decision making.

Let's hope it isn't after a defeat, because the first question is sure to be "why are you buggering about with a team that has just won and who are on a run?

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

except he has to piss off a guy that has come in and not done a lot wrong by changing a team that has won

Its hopefully why we get players to buy into being part of a squad. Look at Liverpool & Spurs, they rotate their star players regularly and work as a squad.

Archived