IGNORED

8 unbeaten & 16 points

Bar BS3

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We’ve all witnessed struggling teams park the bus at AG and they’re often very difficult to break down but surely they’ll be demoralised after conceding 6 yesterday,

I don’t know who they’ve got in the cup but if they lose that as well.....

Should LJ send the team out with ambition to get an early goal the flood gates could open and after recent insipid displays at AG that’s just what we could all use.

I hope you’re right - I really do!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We’ve all witnessed struggling teams park the bus at AG and they’re often very difficult to break down but surely they’ll be demoralised after conceding 6 yesterday,

Should LJ send the team out with ambition to get an early goal the flood gates could open and after recent insipid displays at AG that’s just what we could all use.

I remember when we played them on Sky at their place last season - following our League Cup heroics. 

What an absolutely dire game that was - they spoiled the game - with Ameobi scoring the winning goal. Let’s hope we don’t see anything like that this time around!!!

21 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’d take a 1-0 win because it’s 3 points. 

Those struggling teams park the bus and fight for their lives. They are not easy games and if people think they are then they have probably never played the game themselves. 

I’ve played at grass roots level and found that the teams fighting relegation can be dangerous and sometimes reckless - they don’t mind throwing some bad tackles in because they have nothing to lose. 

They keep hitting the ball high into the air where nobody, now matter how skilful, can control it. They also rely heavily on set pieces. All this contributes to a slow, crap game punctuated by free kicks, cards and injuries. 

I don’t blame them - it’s valid tactics - but it’s horrible to watch and not necessarily our fault. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35791345 ?

3 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I do agree with you from a financial perspective, but it's hard to disagree that we sold key players in a short enough time frame that it would negatively affect our structure for the coming season. I think we could've sold each player for double and people would still be annoyed, purely because we've shown a need to sell. Obviously, FFP does require a need to sell, but with a billionaire at the helm you'd hope that Lansdown would be able to set us up in a way that the club is maximising its earnings.

I'm happy to sell players, as long as it provides a stronger foundation for the future, but my main worry is that we're a bad season away from undoing years of work, and in my view selling three first-team players, with one to a division rival and two to teams that are likely to be in the Championship with us next season, adds to the possibility of undoing all that work. Lansdown has sold a gradual process, and I don't want one season of LJ shitting the bed and getting sacked resulting in Lansdown adding another five years onto his Premier League master-plan.

I thought the guy in Trainspotting was taller but might be wrong.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Couldn’t agree more. And I also think it was bullshit that we’d been tracking him for two years and that he was our no1 choice when we signed Diedhiou.  That just made a good story imho (I’m very cynical).  I actually don’t think he was a bad player, he was in a seriously bad place in his head.  All it may have taken was a goal, but it never happened.

No no Dave, @Robbored said that there’s no reason to think that LJ doesn’t tell the truth - despite what our Head Coach said when he signed Engvall and then Walsh.... so, if our management team say we were tracking Diony for two years then that just has to be the truth....the esteemed and aforementioned Robbored won’t accept that anything but the truth comes out of the mouths of managers and coaches....and he called me naive! Ha ha!

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No no Dave, @Robbored said that there’s no reason to think that LJ doesn’t tell the truth - despite what our Head Coach said when he signed Engvall and then Walsh.... so, if our management team say we were tracking Diony for two years then that just has to be the truth....the esteemed and aforementioned Robbored won’t accept that anything but the truth comes out of the mouths of managers and coaches....and he called me naive! Ha ha!

Don’t drag me into your tiff ?

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

From the highlights it looked like Bolton lost heavily because Hull are currently playing some fast attractive football. We aren’t.

I’m delighted with our recent points tally, but were not going to thump Bolton if we couldn’t outplay Rotherham. Another narrow win will be fine.

7 hours ago, no_merde said:

Bristol City in a single sentence. No ambition. This is why the club goes nowhere

Absolute bollocks! 

I would imagine over half the league initially accept that staying up is first priority. That doesn’t mean they don’t aspire to better that. 

If your points total by the end of January effectively makes you safe, then you can look at a potential play off challenge. 

On 02/01/2019 at 11:33, Spike said:

Funny how you keep looking to provoke our own fans for not falling in line with your own expectations/views. 

I'm still happy for LJ to prove me wrong when I say I don't see any further progress under his management. If he proves me wrong then happy days and right now the results are good. Now I want to see us play football that isn't genuinely putting people off from watching us. 

Over the Christmas and New Year period I've seen a lot of "why aren't we on the red button" and the answer is simple, mid-table games with no real entertainment value at all. If I were Sky and had been watching our games recently I wouldn't even consider putting us on as we're dire to watch even as a neutral. 

Hi Spike. You crossed the bridge to watch us yet?

Archived