IGNORED

Huddersfield cup tie implication.

22A

OK folks, just an idle thought. If City beat Huddersfield, we'll be in the 4th round. Therefore our away league game at Middlesbrough (the longest journey of the season) will be postponed, becoming a mid week, rather than a Saturday  fixture. Well done to those supporters who will still go. ?

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK folks, just an idle thought. If City beat Huddersfield, we'll be in the 4th round. Therefore our away league game at Middlesbrough (the longest journey of the season) will be postponed, becoming a mid week, rather than a Saturday  fixture. Well done to those supporters who will still go. ?

I expect it will be postponed anyway. Even if we don`t get through I can`t see them not beating Posh at home unless they really do play their kids. Presumably if it does end up midweek we hope it will be a red button job?

Mind you, the form Boro are in at the moment it might be a good time to play them.

Another idle thought; why is it Peterborough, but Middlesbrough? No O between the B and R. Oddly enough, both teams are then referred to as "Boro".

Of course other, more derogatory terms are also used when discussing these two teams. ?

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

Good point and I'd expect LJ to make a few changes for the Terriers game, with O'Leary, Wright, Adelakun, Morrell and Taylor getting starts.

That may mean that the gaffer 'protects' Diedhiou and Maenpaa, and rests Brownhill, Paterson and Webster.

We could see Weimann as the main striker with Matty behind.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Good point and I'd expect LJ to make a few changes for the Terriers game, with O'Leary, Wright, Adekakun, Morrell and Taylor getting starts.

That may mean that the gaffer 'protects' Diedhiou and Maenpaa, and rests Brownhill, Paterson and Webster.

How far is Frank off?

24 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Good point and I'd expect LJ to make a few changes for the Terriers game, with O'Leary, Wright, Adelakun, Morrell and Taylor getting starts.

Eisa

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

As long as Pack and Brownhill in particular are nowhere near the match day squad, I'll be happy*

*rest not form

I would be taking advice from the sports science team and giving them as little workload as possible this week to keep them ticking over without having to prepare for a match....I wouldn’t even have them prepping to be on bench.

Archived