IGNORED

The Championship FFP Thread (Merged)

Mr Popodopolous

31 minutes ago, Hxj said:

The relevant part of the agreed decision follows:

image.thumb.png.533dcb802277a497bde105293d81ff5d.png

If we work through it:

6.1 Happened last season.

6.2 Has allegedly been trigged now, so the 6 point penalty applies.  Note that each of the triggers for activation is itself an offence under the EFL regulations.

So 7 is applied.  This starts 'The Suspended Penalty will be in addition to any sanction ... [for breaching P&S Rules or the budget]'.  6.2 i) and iii) are P&S Rule breaches, 6.2 ii) is a budget breach.

7 goes on that the suspended penalty does not mitigate the sanction for the breach.

So to activate the suspended penalty of the six point deduction there has to be an offence which carries its own penalty, which could be a points deduction (or something else).

Thank you, really clearly put.

41 minutes ago, Hxj said:

New job seriously getting in the way of free time.  Apparently there is a four day weekend soon, when I will have some time to look, assuming I don't get given tickets for everyday of the beer festival!

Nice perk of the job that, enjoy it! If it's in summer doubly so.

The Fulham accounts, Fulham Football Leisure should be very interesting IMO but out the next day or 2. Stoke we've debated, well documented and a lot depends for Nottingham Forest on Covid losses I'd say..but time will tell.

Kieran Maguire thread.

Promotion bonuses not stated but Fulham adjusted starting point £148m between 2018-19 and last season..Upper Loss Limit of £72m.

-£20m 2018-19

-£48m 2019-20

-£93m 2020-21

(Average -£70.5m)

-£57m 2021-22

Possibly could hinge on whether £20m on Covid Player Impairment in the PL is fair or whether it should be deemed as regular Player Impairment and treated accordingly.

Seen varied estimates for allowable costs namely anything between £10m per season to £15m per season, academy the missing piece of the jigsaw, Category One and some Fulham fans say it's £10m per season.

Good analysis, a Bournemouth fan on Twitter who does varied analysis.

Fs2xy_KWYAAM6B_?format=jpg&name=large4th biggest pre tax losses last season thusfar. Sale of Semenyo and further cutbacks move us forward however.

It's actually missing a few having looked again ie Luton, Blackpool, Millwall and maybe some others but definitely mine of them are above us.

Huddersfield, Sheffield United and Swansea all yet to release.

Some we have headline numbers on but not the rest.

Update from Peterborough too.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-explain-reason-for-a-delayed-filing-of-the-club-accounts-4086131

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

I do have to say though, overall if Nottingham Forest are allowed £12m in Covid add-backs last year as per their prediction or Stoke £4m, again player sales but we did more over the years is there scope for 2021-22 ones to be revised upwards for us.

Otoh more like Covid add-backs should be revised downwards for all to the EFL level and FFP assessed in the relevant periods on that basis. If several clubs get referred then several clubs get referred. £5m x 2 (Average £5m) and then £2.5m. Covid impact £7.5m.

Seems the fairest way in an FFP context. Think we'd be fine either way but be it to 2021, 2022 or 2023 it would get interesting for a number of clubs.

The clubs would in effect have to justify to an Independent Panel why their Covid losses are so high and face FFP charges if they can't.

Or the Independent Panel itself is the referral and it's actually a charge of breaching FFP based on certain Covid items being viewed by the League as inadmissible.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Rumour has it that a third team were mentioned at the recent EFL meeting (no not us) but if imposed will impact on the promotion places

Third? Reading and?

Intrigued! I mean clearly you can't post specifics but do you mean for alleged breaches to this or last season.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Third? Reading and?

Intrigued! I mean clearly you can't post but do you mean for alleged breaches to this or last season.

Aren't Wigan and Sheffield United on shaky ground..?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, semblar said:

If they hadn't equalised against us, they would have only been outside the bottom three on goals scored, you might very well be correct in your prediction...

Really it was a 5 point deduction considering we virtually gifted them a point on Saturday

Think the only restrictions for Reading next year are to stay within FFP for next season. In respect of Resting moving forward assuming that their prior 2 seasons losses average £13m and that a Category One academy sees them with FFP allowances of £7-8m per season.

Based on laat seasons accounts they need to improve by £8-9m although some of this heavy lifting definitely will have taken place post 2020-21.

Screenshot_20230404-143101_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.92c65da36f31be8da222307b48ed08df.jpg

10 minutes ago, Hxj said:

So current Reading position

-6 points now

New restricted budget for 2023/24 (and effectively stay on Embargo)

Issues in respect of 2022/23 FFP still to be resolved 

If I am reading the Reading reports properly there is a chance of another deduction at the season end. If so can one or more of you guys give a quick analysis of the chances of that!?

30 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If so can one or more of you guys give a quick analysis of the chances of that!?

Virtually nil for an impact this season.  Reading have until 30 June to sort their FFP mess.  I suspect that by the time any review is done it will be far too late to sort this season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reading docked 6 points as expected, mentions a new budget too.

CRFU/CRFP first decision made by them. Hopefully a few will get referred in the coming months! Shall look forward to the Written Reasons.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/cfrp-decisions/

Lovely spreadsheet in the earlier post. ❤️❤️❤️

There you go, just read through the pdfs.

What do we think the “sale” not completed is?  @Hxj???

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Rumour has it that a third team were mentioned at the recent EFL meeting (no not us) but if imposed will impact on the promotion places

As others suggest, Sheffield United is my guess.  Heard / Read something last week…and appears that EFL need to be careful how they conclude it (whatever that means).  Guessing lawyers and stuff?

2 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

Sheffield united 

Yep.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What do we think the “sale” not completed is?  @Hxj???

My best guess is the sale of RFC Bearwood Ltd which owns the training ground.  Selling a property owning company doesn't result in the 'profit' being excluded from FFP computations.  That fits the comments in the decisions.

I do expect to hear a large bang as @Mr Popodopolous reads this message ???

• Thanks 2