IGNORED

Madness - Solanke

formerly known as ivan

This is how the Premier league works.

Do you pay for Sky TV? If you do, you contribute to this amazing merry go round of rediculous amounts of money, parachute payments and crazy salaries.

i don’t and will not support Sky and all this nonsense. If more people cancelled their sky subscriptions the whole pyramid collapses.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Much as I would like to see Bournemouth succeed, we have seen this scenario many times before.  They will at some point be relegated and sink down to their historical level.  If someone snaps up Eddie Howe, then this will happen even quicker.

But what are they supposed to do? give in without a fight?  It's a bit of a heads you win tails I lose situation really.

Control + U - turns off underlining...

21 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It says in the BBC report that they didn't sign him on loan because of doubts about his fitness, but they are prepared to spend £19m to buy him, how strange...

.....and he has a hamstrinng problem...so misses out today and not expected to be fit til February at the earliest

4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

This is how the Premier league works.

Do you pay for Sky TV? If you do, you contribute to this amazing merry go round of rediculous amounts of money, parachute payments and crazy salaries.

i don’t and will not support Sky and all this nonsense. If more people cancelled their sky subscriptions the whole pyramid collapses.

Everyone cancelling Sky would also mean we'd go back to terrestrial TV and for those not old enough to remember that's 1 live game a Season (FA Cup final) and highlights of 2 games in match of the day....a few highlight of one of your local teams on a Sunday dinner and that's your lot

5 minutes ago, Ian66 said:

Everyone cancelling Sky would also mean we'd go back to terrestrial TV and for those not old enough to remember that's 1 live game a Season (FA Cup final) and highlights of 2 games in match of the day....a few highlight of one of your local teams on a Sunday dinner and that's your lot

You mean fans would have to go to games in order  to see their team play?

would they get planning to increase Old Trafford's capacity to 2m?

20 minutes ago, Ian66 said:

If it means people go to the stadiums then what is the loss? 

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It wouldn’t mean that at all. It would mean that subscriptions you Man U TV would go up dramatically and in fairness this is a business model, which could well put sky under anyway. In my opinion good riddance.

49 minutes ago, downendcity said:

No, many of their 'fans' couldn't find Old Trafford even with a satnav.

50 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It would mean whereas fans now have the option to go to games or watch their own team on TV, sometimes live, always the highlights then the latter option would be removed.

I watch Wednesday home and away but I enjoy the option of being able to watch Man City v Liverpool the other night and enjoy watching the highlights packages on a Saturday night.

My parents are now both in their 80's and have had season tickets for 60 odd years. Unfortunately travelling and watching away games are no longer feasible but being able to watch 4/5 away games a season live is a bonus for them

I do understand the anti Sky feeling but think overall more fans benefit from them than suffer - and just to put a bit of balance in this post my mum now feels that it's too cold for her to attend home games at night and every game that gets moved from a Saturday to Friday or Monday night means she has to miss it (and on a similar but completely different point, she struggles at some games picking players out against the backdrop of bright electronic advertising hoardings when it is dark!)

On 05/01/2019 at 16:37, DaveInSA said:

If it means people go to the stadiums then what is the loss? 

It wouldn’t mean that at all. It would mean that subscriptions you Man U TV would go up dramatically and in fairness this is a business model, which could well put sky under anyway. In my opinion good riddance.

Football these days undoubtedly prices people out. Higher you go, the worse it can get- in Alternate History parlance, you'd need to butterfly away the huge price rises between say 1992 and now. Would it increase attendances appreciably? It's a hard one to judge.

Then there's the cost of travel to away games- you'd again need to butterfly away huge increases in that for a start to get bigger away followings etc.

It's not City related but here's a undoubtedly interesting snapshot from Arsenal that I found online.

Arsenal-finances-2015.jpg

On 05/01/2019 at 17:19, Ian66 said:

It would mean whereas fans now have the option to go to games or watch their own team on TV, sometimes live, always the highlights then the latter option would be removed.

I watch Wednesday home and away but I enjoy the option of being able to watch Man City v Liverpool the other night and enjoy watching the highlights packages on a Saturday night.

My parents are now both in their 80's and have had season tickets for 60 odd years. Unfortunately travelling and watching away games are no longer feasible but being able to watch 4/5 away games a season live is a bonus for them

I do understand the anti Sky feeling but think overall more fans benefit from them than suffer - and just to put a bit of balance in this post my mum now feels that it's too cold for her to attend home games at night and every game that gets moved from a Saturday to Friday or Monday night means she has to miss it (and on a similar but completely different point, she struggles at some games picking players out against the backdrop of bright electronic advertising hoardings when it is dark!)

Most of our back four had that problem last year.  All different this season so I can ask City what the answer is if your mum is interested. ?

Archived