IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

The majority of posts seem to be attacking the whole scheme - assuming it might be used for frivolous purposes or to report run of the mill swearing.

Its a shame that a sensible scheme is getting this response. It’s a discreet way of alerting the stewards to something that could be really nasty, rather than ignoring it or confronting people you wouldn’t want to provoke to a stronger reaction.

Saying that fans might abuse it for frivolous reasons isn’t a good reason for opposing it. 

Tbh I think the majority of the posts are unsure as to what Bristol Sport/BCFC mean by the Anti Social Behaviour and how far are they taking it, I couldn’t for 1 minute think anyone on this forum would condone racist/homophobic behaviour/chanting, and I’d hope anyone who does witness any will report it.

16 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This has just been tweeted by @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO 

Is this a good idea or not? Opinion on twitter seems to be split. Will it encourage people to report genuine issues or will it just get abused by people in a wind up or, worse,trying to get someone innocent into trouble?

Does it have to be anti social behaviour at the stadium or can we text any plum who winds us up ? 

My bloody neighbours have just installed a compressor for their heating and it looks like it’s come out of an aircraft hangar.

:grr:

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Does it have to be anti social behaviour at the stadium or can we text any plum who winds us up ? 

My bloody neighbours have just installed a compressor for their heating and it looks like it’s come out of an aircraft hangar.

:grr:

Try it ?

9 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I kind of expected the whole "football's already too sanitised" response. I just don't get it.

How can people be so (rightly) outraged at incidents like the Chelsea fans at Raheem Sterling, then whinge and moan whenever people try and introduce means by which to identify culprits? "That racism was despicable, should be banned for life... but we don't do any of that, why should we have to be careful?"

Also, if you're under the impression there isn't one single person at Ashton Gate who wouldn't/hasn't shouted something racist in an angry retort to a player in the past 5/10 years, you're kidding yourself. I don't care if you've never heard anyone shout it, it's a football ground, it's happened. I was a season ticket holder for about 7 years as a teenager, and I can at least recall dozens of homophobic chants/shouts that I heard. Call it "precious", or call it what it is: illegal.

Now sure, swearing is probably the one contentious issue there, but I highly doubt that would be enforced with much/any severity. Also pyrotechnics I guess, but I don't want that argument to start up again really.

Whether it'll work is another question really, but it's not going to ruin your matchday experience if you don't act like an idiot.

The ones moaning about it, are imo the ones who display this anti social behaviour.

I go to the match, I behave myself so I don't give a flying **** about this.

53 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The ones moaning about it, are imo the ones who display this anti social behaviour.

I go to the match, I behave myself so I don't give a flying **** about this.

? you swore! What’s that number again? I’m telling.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

So if someone is being racist then it’s not ok to report it just cos they are a City fan?

what's wrong with having a word with people yourself? I'd be confident you would have backing from those around you without resorting to snakey measures. 

6 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

what's wrong with having a word with people yourself? I'd be confident you would have backing from those around you without resorting to snakey measures. 

If that works for some then great but I can understand some people not wanting to approach scum etc. 

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If that works for some then great but I can understand some people not wanting to approach scum etc. 

true, but even so, if people feel uncomfortable with confronting people (and you're right, it's not everyone's cup of tea), then surely just tell a steward. The whole anonymous hotline thing just feels fundamentally wrong, and almost encourages fans to snitch each other up over perceived infractions and misbehavior - and remember, one person's idea of anti-social behavior is different from another's (I remember once a miserable old git in front of me on the east end grabbing me by the throat as a 13-year-old - my crime was talking to my mate :D ) 

Absolutely no chance this will be enforced properly.

Are they gonna eject all the people who stand along the top rows and in the singing section? Every time someone swears? No chance this will make any difference at all to the matchday experience.

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

There are plenty of reasons why someone may not be comfortable having a word themselves.

I’m not sure how reporting anti social behaviour could be considered ‘snakey’?

17 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This is displayed around Wembley so this is how Tottingham/England obviously define anti-social behaviour with the following categories. Any we should add!?

F825AD80-0AFC-48DF-8ED4-3020F45155A2.jpeg

It must be a national thing or mandatory tbh. I assume so anyway.

Of those:

• Language and Behaviour- Maybe, maybe not. I'd say give laxity to that as it is a football match.
  • Racist chanting & shouting- Clubs can't be seen to be doing nothing about it, but it's rare at football grounds in UK these days isn't it?
  • Homophobic chanting- Only the banter v Brighton. ?
  • Technically if taken to its logical conclusion, criminal offence but a steward can deal with that, why bother texting??
  • Technically not allowed but as above.
  • This I have a problem with.
  • Technically illegal, but again stewards or police can deal with.

Can't see why you would need a text system- at all. Stewards, police and CCTV can deal with that which is illegal or blatantly not allowed to be let go- and stuff that isn't what's the point in even flagging?

15 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All joking aside , I can see this happening

The club need to be very careful about where they go with this IMHO

I actually think it’s , and the Clubs stance and level of action , an important issue going forward 

Agree with this- it can open a real can of worms, a Pandora's box- club have to handle it very carefully.

Wish I’d known about this last season as I witnessed a very distressing incident but didn’t know who to report it to.

After the Man U game it appeared that our manager, LJ, ran toward a small child then grabbed him by the ears / neck and forcibly swung him round in the air. At least that’s what it looked like from where I was sat in the Atyeo.

I wonder if the text hotline will do retrospective investigation, surely the incident was caught on camera??

I was on duty yesterday and popped into the control room to speak to safety team and safety officer.

i understand from him posters are in the process of being printed defining the anti social behaviour that may be wished to be reported, hopefully should be up ASAP.

having travelled to many away games I can add this is a system that many clubs use, if you don’t agree with it then don’t use it, but some fans will, as previously stated if they don’t feel comfortable challenging behaviour they don’t feel is acceptable. 

Myself and the safety officer regularly get e mails from fans on a Monday morning reporting poor behaviour that goes above what is acceptable at a football match. This number is another way to report that behaviour.

Also on a humourous note some of the texts were very funny ? 

Archived