IGNORED

Team for today

barneyrubble

Think we will see some changes be amazed if pack and Brownhill involved.

Nikki

Hunt   kalas   Webster Kelly

Eliasson  da silva  Owdowda    Adelukan

Taylor 

Fam

It’s guesswork - LJ might see this as as an opportunity to progress into the 4th round against the PL bottom team and select a full strength side. Huddersfield might play a weakened side with their priority being on PL survival.

I daresay Wright will get a start and I’d hope Eisa gets a game  as well

2 hours ago, Barney red said:

Nikki

Taylor 

Fam

I'd expect 1 or 2 Centre Midfield players to play. And Wright to start at least...

Maybe Eisa to get a chance too?

Not sure Max will play, has FF got any time in U23's ?  I'd guess Maenpaa.

Defence;
Probably see if Hunt can in another good performance.
Wright surely has to play.
If Baker is fit why risk Webster or Kalas
I think DaSilva will get the LB slot.

Midfield;
I think it depends if Watkins is fit. But I can't see us starting without Pack, we'd be way too lightweight.
Morell has to be close.
Back to my first point. I would guess ODowda to continue his run , maybe Eliasson but tough call with Adelukan

Attack;
I would think the last thing we want is a draw, plus it would be handy to give the other forwards some time on the pitch.
So I would think a Taylor and Eisa strike force.

The bench would be all the usual first team, just in case. 

38 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Just had a look at the online ticket page. Small crowd for sure, shame at £13 for adults

Should off been £10 adults £1 a kid get some footfall to spend their xmas money in the club shop jan sale .....of which they havent bothered ......utterly clueless 

First team please with youngsters on the bench.  Bring them on once we have established a decent lead .Keep the momentum of the unbeaten run . Success breeds success and Huddersfield will certainly play a weakened team. No game for 7 days and then Bolton at home so plenty of recovery time.  

Not going up or down this season so the Cup the only chance  left for any glory. Let's get in the Hat for the 4th round. You never know … Spurs at Ashton gate for me. 

Hate to see us lose with a 2nd eleven and miss the opportunity to progress 

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Should off been £10 adults £1 a kid get some footfall to spend their xmas money in the club shop jan sale .....of which they havent bothered ......utterly clueless 

Was thinking the same . - why not use it as an opportunity to make it as accessible as possible for everyone and don’t allow an entrance fee to be a barrier . 

5 hours ago, Barney red said:

Nikki

Taylor 

Fam

Owdowda? Our new Nigerian midfielder!

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

No game until next Sat. Why rest players? Play strongest team 

I’ve come round a bit to playing a stronger team, but there are a couple of players I’d like to see get minutes.  The full week gap to Bolton is a bonus....and January is Saturday’s only.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve come round a bit to playing a stronger team, but there are a couple of players I’d like to see get minutes.  The full week gap to Bolton is a bonus....and January is Saturday’s only.

To be fair, I'd agree with you in terms of certain players do deserve minutes- Da Silva, Eliason, adalukan. Also, would be good to see those returning from injury play-Wright, Taylor. However, we shouldn't rest players just for the sake of it. A week is plenty recovery time for any professional athlete. 

Archived