IGNORED

Rowett Sacked

BobBobSuperBob

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Denis Smith - broke so many bones chucking himself into everything for the cause, proper hard man defender!

He was also quite a good manager....

A test of your almost encyclopedic knowledge of most things City related (I shall link @Davefevs, who appears to share your love of City and football related detail/trivia), do you recall the name of the player he signed about whom, when he was challenged about the amount paid, DS replied along the lines of 'Well, you have to pay a lot for a good player'?

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A test of your almost encyclopedic knowledge of most things City related (I shall link @Davefevs, who appears to share your love of City and football related detail/trivia), do you recall the name of the player he signed about whom, when he was challenged about the amount paid, DS replied along the lines of 'Well, you have to pay a lot for a good player'?

not too tricky that one ...

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Andy Cole?

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I would ask Mrs F to think again, carefully: as far as I recall, Keren only had a brother.

Mrs F is rubbish then. Will be taking this up with her tonight!  

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Cole?

17 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Indeed I do, and I remember one of the best own goals I've ever seen by said Dutchman, away at Millwall (at 31'40"):

Ha! I wasn't there, but have seen this wonderful goal several times on various clips.

I was at the infamous game at Watford, though!

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Indeed I do, and I remember one of the best own goals I've ever seen by said Dutchman, away at Millwall (at 31'40"):

Even the City fans were laughing at it!

Danny Baker was still doing 606 back then and he said that when something like that happens they should play the Benny Hill theme over the tannoy.

Archived