IGNORED

Frank Lampards Derby County (tm) - Merged

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I think Duane Holmes looks a player. Versatile, pacey. Played at a quick tempo in comparison to everyone else. Looked good vs Leeds too.

One I have always looked out for as he is American(dual American/English). Thought he may not kick on as he is getting well into his 20s now I think but been reading he has been doing well in the few chances he gets.

4 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Yes I remember him being voted Young Player of the Season and then deciding to join a club that were apparently going places - Coventry (!)

His decision making then and now seems questionable but he's made a good living since even though he always seems to make at least  one howler every game.

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

I always thought we offered him a new deal but he turned it down.Was that not the case?

Are you thinking perhaps of the revered, legendary Louis Carey?

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Looking at it another way

51 goals in 230 championship games. evens out to 10 in a 46 game season. 

Compare that to fam who is averaging 17 in a 46 game season. 

When you consider they both cost virtually the same, not spending 5 mill on Waghorn was a good decision imo

I know what a stickler you are for getting things right....so you should know he’s got 51 in 228 championship games....and you’re getting very defensive and keep mentioning Fammy - I haven’t mentioned Fammy I just said Waghorn isn’t as bad a player as many make out...chill out ....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know what a stickler you are for getting things right....so you should know he’s got 51 in 228 championship games....and you’re getting very defensive and keep mentioning Fammy - I haven’t mentioned Fammy I just said Waghorn isn’t as bad a player as many make out...chill out ....

@BS4 on Tour... and Martyn sitting in a tree, K I S S ING ?

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

I always thought we offered him a new deal but he turned it down.Was that not the case?

6 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Yes I remember him being voted Young Player of the Season and then deciding to join a club that were apparently going places - Coventry (!)

His decision making then and now seems questionable but he's made a good living since even though he always seems to make at least  one howler every game.

I met his dad when I was doing some work in Harlow just before RK left and he said he was generally happy at City but wanted more game time as he was on the verge of the ROI squad and thought he needed to be more visible to get in.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Are you thinking perhaps of the revered, legendary Louis Carey?

No,Phil.I remember Louis went to Coventry as he was upset that new signings were being paid more than established players.I was pretty sure Richard Keogh turned down a new contract for whatever reason,but wasn't 100% certain.

6 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Nah, you’re wrong there....we sold Keogh to Carlisle United....

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I rounded it up to make the maths easier, I really apologies for adding on those extra two games though... 

And where have I got defensive? Didn't realise stating facts means I should chill out ?

Waghorn isn't as bad a player as many make out, but your original post sounded to me as though you think he'd be good enough to get into our team, which he wouldn't. 

However, each to their own

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I rounded it up to make the maths easier, I really apologies for adding on those extra two games though... 

And where have I got defensive? Didn't realise stating facts means I should chill out ?

Waghorn isn't as bad a player as many make out, but your original post sounded to me as though you think he'd be good enough to get into our team, which he wouldn't. 

You rounded his appearances up but left his goals as the correct (non rounded) number - ok, fair play, thanks for the reply...

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

You make it sound like a fact.

He’s had a mixed career, and we should all realise that sometimes a player finds a Natural home, and sometimes the perfect player on paper fails to settle.

By all means, express an opinion and reasons why or why not.

More amazing news for Frank Lampard's Derby.

In an incredible match , the like of which has never been witnessed before, Frank Lampard's Derby beat unbeatable Premiership Southampton on penalties in the shock of the season . Frank Lampard's Derby are high flying in the Championship despite all the odds and only spending a tiny £17 million. Even more incredible- Frank Lampard's Derby are discussing a transfer with Frank Lampard's Ashley Cole- a player well known for playing in Frank Lampard's England. Frank Lampard is just a world beater and has amassed a stunning 43 points so far.

In other news, mid table Bristol struggled to beat Huddersfield in normal time ,sold their best players and are languishing on 41 points.

10 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I don’t think we’re jealous of the attention paid to Frank Lampard’s Derby County FC (TM) though. We should be quite happy to ‘fly below the radar’ for as long as possible. 

I think you are exactly right. We are quietly going about our business, picking up points and securing the contracts of our players. I got a feeling we will end up with a playoff spot, strangely in a season when we least expected it, but that is to our advantage as we’ve flown under the radar.

I see on the news this morning Cashley Cole now reportedly linking up with Frank Lampard’s Derby, more attention for them then!

Archived