IGNORED

I'm gutted

Alan Dicks

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Many were claiming the LJ was “out of his depth” and we were only heading in one direction. 

They ignored all the available stats and facts to champion their agenda. Regularly picking conveniently selected bad spells of results & ignoring the overall picture and record. 

Since then, and going almost a quarter of a seasons worth of games unbeaten... I believe that ignoring the overall picture has/should be cause for embarrassment as it was all based on an agenda, whether they care to admit that, or not. 

What’s Brexit..? Can’t say I’ve heard of it before. 

Wish I hadn’t

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I think the LJ put brigade have either admitted they were wrong or disappeared, suitably embarrassed. So don’t think we need these threads anymore 

Think this should be on the BCFC golf forum.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

No one picked an 'in','out' side without a rationale reason. That is a fact, both sides could make legitimate strong cases. Let this dick waving cease. 

I agree with most of your post, but to suggest that NO-ONE picked the "out" camp without rational reason is sadly wrong, imho. There are some who didn't like him as a player and cannot accept him as a manager because of that. These are the people who credit the players for a win and blame Johnson for a defeat. Sad but true.

But I agree, the dick waving is tiresome.

I was one who recently said that the football under LJ was boring and negative. Well Im happy to eat humble pie and admit he is turning things around. Our defence looks solid and we are squeezing out wins which has seen us climb the table. I would still like us to be a bit more adventurous and go for the big win occasionally when we are on top. We still tend to drop deeper when ahead instead of pushing for another goal. ( Look at our goal difference ) That's my opinion and its probably why he is head coach and I am sat in the stands. I have no trouble saying well done LJ!

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I agree with most of your post, but to suggest that NO-ONE picked the "out" camp without rational reason is sadly wrong, imho. There are some who didn't like him as a player and cannot accept him as a manager because of that. These are the people who credit the players for a win and blame Johnson for a defeat. Sad but true.

But I agree, the dick waving is tiresome.

Ok, that's fair, i agree there is an immaterial number of ***** :)

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Many were claiming the LJ was “out of his depth” and we were only heading in one direction. 

They ignored all the available stats and facts to champion their agenda. Regularly picking conveniently selected bad spells of results & ignoring the overall picture and record. 

Since then, and going almost a quarter of a seasons worth of games unbeaten... I believe that ignoring the overall picture has/should be cause for embarrassment as it was all based on an agenda, whether they care to admit that, or not. 

What’s Brexit..? Can’t say I’ve heard of it before. 

We are talking about a manager who admitted to bringing on a player because we had a song for him...

.....so no, I'm not remotely embarrassed

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We are talking about a manager who admitted to bringing on a player because we had a song for him...

.....so no, I'm not remotely embarrassed

Seriously...?! 

If you think he was serious, and you don’t believe that you’ve taken that comment out of context, then you really should be embarrassed..! 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Seriously...?! 

If you think he was serious, and you don’t believe that you’ve taken that comment out of context, then you really should be embarrassed..! 

Coming from someone who replied like the OP was serious ??

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Youthink he’s always joked in the past and actually has a secret crush on LJ..?! 

So you couldn't tell he didn't actually want LJ sacked for the reason of taking us 11 games unbeaten? Ok, I'm done, you can have the last word.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about players ?

Ok to write players off though ?

Ha ha! 

I’ve been far more comfortable with him in the team this season. Fair play, he’s been much better than I’d given him credit for, based on last season. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ha ha! 

I’ve been far more comfortable with him in the team this season. Fair play, he’s been much better than I’d given him credit for, based on last season. 

We all have opinions on players and managers 

We all get some right some wrong

You wrote Pisano off on far less evidence than we had seen of LJ

Worth remembering before you attack others 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Makes your previous ranting and anti LJ stance looks rather ridiculous at the moment..! 

You (and some others) should feel rather embarrassed! 

And yet judging  by previous runs the next 10 game losing streak is only one loss away and then your comment looks embarrassing. Not having a pop just stating that LJ is a peaks and troughs manager. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We all have opinions on players and managers 

We all get some right some wrong

You wrote Pisano off on far less evidence than we had seen of LJ

Worth remembering before you attack others 

I’ll give you the comparison... apart from 1 aspect. 

Pisano was a woeful liability until this season. LJ had already shown that he could do decent things here. 

9 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

And yet judging  by previous runs the next 10 game losing streak is only one loss away and then your comment looks embarrassing. Not having a pop just stating that LJ is a peaks and troughs manager. 

Which seems (?) to have been addressed this season. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Which seems (?) to have been addressed this season. 

I'm not sure you can say that yet.

A defeat will come, of course and then we have the real test.

We must have a Johnson bounce back and NO run of crap.

I trust we will be OK and have a good feeling, but you can't be sure until it happens.

57 minutes ago, Ian M said:

So you couldn't tell he didn't actually want LJ sacked for the reason of taking us 11 games unbeaten? Ok, I'm done, you can have the last word.

Sorry but my wife has said she wants the last word as usual. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Seriously...?! 

Interested to know what context it was meant to be in then?

Just read the interview back...and can't for the life of me how grasp how we were meant to take it?

We had just lost 1-0 to PNE in what was a dreadful game. Even the papers said it was bizarre 

Just enjoy the good run.....if his track record is anything to say by, the capitulation won't be to far down the line . Hopefully not though 

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not a rant at you personally but there are still these types of comments on every thread whenever we keep the run going. I think there is a tiny minority who want Johnson gone come what may, the rest of the fans are happy that he has currently replaced his previous history of a long losing run with a long unbeaten run and long May it continue!!

So long as the positive results keep coming, I and all City fans, will be happy.

A word of caution that we don't all believe that everything is totally rosy. This eleven match run without defeat is a big boost for the Club, the management, players and fans. 

It's easy to now forget that we preceded this with eleven points out thirty six (12 matches)

I still have reservations about LJ but am willing to accept that in a results driven business, he's doing OK now.

Archived