IGNORED

Johnson new contract

iamsober

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The post-match interviews are frustrating to listen to.  He does treat us fools, certainly inferiors (which of course we are) and that bugs me.

The only time I’ve felt that is a while go when used the term ‘clutch’  in reference to a football manoeuvre and not being a coach that wasn’t a term I’d heard before in a footballing  context. He must have known that the majority of us fans wouldn’t have no idea what that meant - in fact I remember a discussion on here about it.

That aside I enjoy LJs pre and post match interviews. He speaks well. I admire his candour and I feel the opposite to you Dave in as much I think he treats us with respect. No smug patronising comments like we’ve heard from other managers in the past.

On a different subject - I’ve begun to notice some improvement in our play in recent games. Defensively we look very solid and the addition of Palmer will no doubt influence our attacking play. We saw at Forest during his cameo what vision he has.

Now, as LJ has said we need another striker. Let’s hope we’ll see one arrive this week.

14 minutes ago, jj77 said:

No, I don't have one.

So how do you predict another losing streak? 

15 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm not going to hide, I hated his football recently, it was dire but I will honestly say I have seen an improvement in performance and an improvement on the tactical end of things. If we lose three games in a row I'd be disappointed but at this point Johnson has earned the rest of this season no matter how bad a run we go into. My biggest issue with LJ is consistency both bad and good, we seem to go between an amazing run of form to an awful run of form. Still, I hold up my hand and will say I wanted him gone when we were playing poorly, we looked to have no direction, no tactical style etc but he's proven that he can turn that around and change that and for that reason I think he's earned his right to show us where he can take this. 

I still don't think we'll gain promotion under LJ, I think we're far more likely to lose more quality players in the summer and then need yet another change and rebuild which will further frustrate but that's football when you're not a big money club. Right now LJ is the best manager we could hope for, I'll say that. I just hope for our sake that we can hold down enough players to give LJ less rebuilding to do and push on.

can't say fairer than that! 

just supposing LJ did get city into the prem, given the way the club is now working towards building success rather than buying it, would everyone be happy to let LJ have a whole season there even if it meant coming straight back down.?   im sort of thinking youd have to give him the time to learn the prem and have another go at it after, all if he continues building bridges of course.

ive wanted him out at least twice already but been taught a lesson I think that it might just be better the devil we know

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree...I was just wondering why the OP was so specific about 14th being ‘achieving’ - especially after we finished 11th last season....

SL is on record saying he expected improvement, so for me finish 7-10th achieved expectations, top 6 exceeds expectations, 11th or lower below expectations. 

On 19/01/2019 at 17:04, iamsober said:

Get him tied down to a longer deal ASAP. He is going to be snapped up by a bigger club than us if we’re not careful. Very lucky to have him so give him what he deserves.

If a bigger club comes in he will go whether he has 3  months or 3 years on his contract.

You cannot be sober.

Archived