IGNORED

Weimann - what an asset

southvillekiddy

Really glad we have him, someone who sets a high level ethos for the team both by running his guts out and being a quality footballer.

His shot in the first half typifies him. It's saved and instead of wasting time and letting the momentum drop by doing the "Aren't I wonderful and what cruel luck that it didn't go in " histrionics, he immediately fights like **** to get the ball again when it comes back out.

Someone said already in the ratings thread :

With Palmer arriving at City , Andy has someone in the team who can read his movements and has the spark to find him when he gets into the dangerous positions he's been taking up all season.

Result : a brilliantly-worked team goal today.

8 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Really glad we have him, someone who sets a high level ethos for the team both by running his guts out and being a quality footballer.

His shot in the first half typifies him. It's saved and instead of wasting time and letting the momentum drop by doing the "Aren't I wonderful and what cruel luck that it didn't go in " histrionics, he immediately fights like **** to get the ball again when it comes back out.

With Palmer arriving at City , Andy has someone in the team who can read his movements and has the spark to find him when he gets into the dangerous positions he's been taking up all season.

Just such a shame he doesn't look like he can buy a goal at the moment, should have buried the chance in injury time but delayed getting his shot off. Think he has now gone 22 appearances without scoring.

Agree though, that with Palmer always looking for the forward ball we could see some great link up play with Wiemann's movement. This is assuming LJ starts to pick Palmer ahead of Pato!

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Just such a shame he doesn't look like he can buy a goal at the moment, should have buried the chance in injury time but delayed getting his shot off. Think he has now gone 22 appearances without scoring.

Agree though, that with Palmer always looking for the forward ball we could see some great link up play with Wiemann's movement. This is assuming LJ starts to pick Palmer ahead of Pato!

Maybe it's more to do with a lack of creativity and vision in midfield players who can't see his runs? The Palmer-Weimann link reminds me of Tomlin and Kodjia I think it was. Kodjia stopped getting caught offside so much when we had someone in the team with the vision to know when to release him. With Palmer in the team I fully expect Weimann to become a much more important and effective aspect of our attack.

14 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

8 minutes ago, Reddrive said:

Agreed. He is a great team player. 

Agreed. Despite his extremely barren run in the goals front, he is definitely an asset & a quality footballer which a fantastic work ethic. 

When the efforts at goal do start going in again, then great. But until then, he still offers plenty to justify his selection. 

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Maybe it's more to do with a lack of creativity and vision in midfield players who can't see his runs? The Palmer-Weimann link reminds me of Tomlin and Kodjia I think it was. Kodjia stopped getting caught offside so much when we had someone in the team with the vision to know when to release him. With Palmer in the team I fully expect Weimann to become a much more important and effective aspect of our attack.

Made that shout several times.

As a striker, the best run you’ll make is the first one you make, not the second or third when the winger / midfielder has checked back once or twice.  Pato did that on one occasion in the second half, and I was so angry, we had players hitting the box.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As a striker, the best run you’ll make is the first one you make, not the second or third when the winger / midfielder has checked back once or twice.  Pato did that on one occasion in the second half, and I was so angry, we had players hitting the box.

'like'

22 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

The guy is utter quality. I said as much on radio Brizz not so long ago. As SVK says above, no histrionics no poor me just get and do it again. Today he played like a man possessed as he was, for a while, unmercifully booed for his FLDC...links, although he did play for them before the name change.

Exactly ZE. He made run after run that was not spotted by Fammy in particular and others. Intro the Wife Shagging machine that is Kasey Palmer and Bang we have found him and Fammy is in....

How this bloke gets shit on here from a few is completely beyond me...Utter Class Great Buy!

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Looking at the video today he was definitely onside before he had that goal disallowed, timed his run perfectly

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Paterson , at times does what Ryan Kent did last year, slows the attack down by spinning, cutting back twice then looking. By which time the runs have stopped and everyones checked back, plus the defence is in place.

We’ve got a top footballer on our hands with Weimann....very intelligent, bags of energy makes runs that lesser players fail to capitalise on....early in this season he linked up well with Pack and notched a few goals...then Fammy came back into the side and disrupted Weimann’s momentum and rhythm as the Austrian international was thrust out wide to accommodate Diedhiou...but today he showed how his runs can be found by a bit of quality - ie that provided by Palmer - long may it continue....the calls to drop Weimann on here recently were just those by people who don’t really get it and should be ignored....

Archived