IGNORED

Weimann - what an asset

southvillekiddy

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. I hope he stays patient and doesn’t get greedy for the chances. He knows he needs a goal but right now he playing the team game and doing the right, unselfish, thing. If he feels there is negative pressure on him to score he going to be looking for half chances instead of doing what he is doing now and passing to the better option.

We as fans have a part to play in this, keep singing the song and don’t get negative. Hard not to groan when there are misses, but groan in sympathy followed by applause for the effort, the goals will come. Maybe not directly from him but he has a place in the team as far as I’m concerned.

Agree with this.

His disallowed goal Saturday? Looked very marginal IMO- he perhaps even just needs a lucky break maybe a marginally offside or in off his knee or some other bit of good fortune to go his way I feel. So long as he is contributing well, I'm happy he plays.

21 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just seen a longer clip of the goal on A City Instagram page

Wow

I hadn’t seen the interplay between Pack, Josh , COD and ? Pisano ? Before Josh plays the ball into Kasey Palmer

Some goal that , and even the footage of the sublime run from AW and pass from KP doesn’t do it justice

Some footballing goal that !

As good as the Blackburn 36 pass goal or whatever it was bbsb?....

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tammy goal away, end of 16/17 season.

Had the unusual finish in my mind , I was right but had forgotten about the build up !

Initial Thoughts - Saturdays better due to its creation in a conjested area and the quality of the final run and pass 

Tammys was a wonderful finish but Famaras by a nose ;)

I had forgotten that Weiman played with Kasey Palmer at Derby that is great thinking by the club to bring in , in January, someone on the same wavelength straightaway as one of our first teamers.

It also helps that there are three lads from Chelsea who know each other’s games.

Unlike last year when we bought in two lads desperately out of form.

On 19/01/2019 at 19:22, old_eastender said:

Just such a shame he doesn't look like he can buy a goal at the moment, should have buried the chance in injury time but delayed getting his shot off. Think he has now gone 22 appearances without scoring.

Agree though, that with Palmer always looking for the forward ball we could see some great link up play with Wiemann's movement. This is assuming LJ starts to pick Palmer ahead of Pato!

I still think his best use is as an impact striker coming off the bench after an hour and playing in the centre of attack, like he did when Fammy was suspended and he was scoring for fun.

Derby played him wide and he didn't get goals. we play him wide and - surprise, surprise - he doesn't get goals.

On 19/01/2019 at 19:22, old_eastender said:

Just such a shame he doesn't look like he can buy a goal at the moment, should have buried the chance in injury time but delayed getting his shot off. Think he has now gone 22 appearances without scoring.

Agree though, that with Palmer always looking for the forward ball we could see some great link up play with Wiemann's movement. This is assuming LJ starts to pick Palmer ahead of Pato!

Got a feeling that if he gets one, even if it is a fluke, he will go on to get many. Clearly likes playing with Palmer

Archived