IGNORED

Encouraging healthy eating

MrBibs

Stopped at Hopwood Services on the way back today. As she had hot dog and coke at the match I insisted my 15 y/o had Subway without more coke rather than a Burger King and coke.

Shortly after a team of track suited athletic looking blokes arrived. I thought seeing what they had to eat would set her an example of how to eat healthily. To my surprise they chose ripples, Magnums, KInder, Doritos, Fanta etc. The exception was the Eastern European looking bearded one who looked like he might have an upper torso similar(ish) to mine ?(not that I’d seen him topless a few hours earlier ! ) who just had a Starbucks.

I thought I’d go and dob them in to what looked like their Manager but he was busy getting himself a Burger King.

They couldn’t have been sportsmen due to what they were eating but whoever they were they were a very affable bunch and were more than happy to pose for pictures with CIty fans.

Daughter was chuffed to bits. Rounded off a perfect day.

Reminds me of when we played MK Dons in 15/16 season.  McFadzean, Caskey-Forster and another (I forgot) somehow were parked in the Wickes car park - think their squad travelled from different places, so somevdrive - and they returned after the match with KFC and other fast food.

19 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Stopped at Hopwood Services on the way back today. As she had hot dog and coke at the match I insisted my 15 y/o had Subway without more coke rather than a Burger King and coke.

Shortly after a team of track suited athletic looking blokes arrived. I thought seeing what they had to eat would set her an example of how to eat healthily. To my surprise they chose ripples, Magnums, KInder, Doritos, Fanta etc. The exception was the Eastern European looking bearded one who looked like he might have an upper torso similar(ish) to mine ?(not that I’d seen him topless a few hours earlier ! ) who just had a Starbucks.

I thought I’d go and dob them in to what looked like their Manager but he was busy getting himself a Burger King.

They couldn’t have been sportsmen due to what they were eating but whoever they were they were a very affable bunch and were more than happy to pose for pictures with CIty fans.

Daughter was chuffed to bits. Rounded off a perfect day.

As a side note fella...Burger king without Coke is far healthier than a Subway.

Read up about their bread and ingredients for fillings.

It's as healthy as a yoga mat with a side of chemicals. ?

I think they try to get as many calories into themselves after a game....then resume with healthy eating.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

As a side note fella...Burger king without Coke is far healthier than a Subway.

Read up about their bread and ingredients for fillings.

It's as healthy as a yoga mat with a side of chemicals. ?

I think they try to get as many calories into themselves after a game....then resume with healthy eating.

Exactly. After the game is the one time they are able to eat any old crap......so they do!!

Crouch's Podcast had a note on this. He said that they have to eat after a match and ideally  within 30-40 minutes (figures may not be exact) , and it might be pizza or takeaway, but it was more important to eat something than what you eat. 
Bit of poetic licence , as I can't remember the exact quote, but you get the gist. 

The biggest problem is the options at the service stations (perhaps the Tebay and Glos independant ones aside) - as someone who travels a lot I’m finding myself more and more going hungry and have another burger or subway.  

Archived