IGNORED

Bristol fans at service station

Cardiffc!ty

20 hours ago, Cardiffc!ty said:

Bristol city fans started on a coach of Cardiff city supporters with women and families on. Chanting 'you Welsh c**ts'

It was embarrassing. Championship fans for a championship club. Pathetic.

I wasn't impressed with those idiots myself but I was impressed by the women who weren't even intimidated by them. Mugs

Just like to point out that I'm a Bristol City fan who has lived in Cardiff City for 28 years now, in that time we have played at the Millenium Stadium and as I got onto a bus to attend the game wearing my Bristol City shirt, hat and carrying my flag I was set on by 4 Cardiff City fans. Cardiff City were not even playing that day, it turned out that they'd just got on the bus to go to town to start on Bristol City fans.
This is not an isolated incident, I've been called a *** more times than I can count for wearing my City shirt out and around the area, I live and in the town centre which must mean by your damnation of a few idiots who happen to support Bristol City that Cardiff City are also embarrassing and pathetic?

As I mentioned, I've been both physically and verbally attacked more times than I can count by Cardiff City fans and I simply refuse to stop wearing my shirt or tarring all of the Cardiff fans with a single brush. When Cardiff City were fighting for a place in the Premiership and had made the playoffs I went to town with my mates who happen to be big Cardiff City fans, I sat in the pub with them, cheered on Cardiff and had a great time with many Cardiff fans who were great to be around. This whole idea that a few idiotic fans represent the many is the real pathetic mentality.

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just like to point out that I'm a Bristol City fan who has lived in Cardiff City for 28 years now, in that time we have played at the Millenium Stadium and as I got onto a bus to attend the game wearing my Bristol City shirt, hat and carrying my flag I was set on by 4 Cardiff City fans. Cardiff City were not even playing that day, it turned out that they'd just got on the bus to go to town to start on Bristol City fans.
This is not an isolated incident, I've been called a *** more times than I can count for wearing my City shirt out and around the area, I live and in the town centre which must mean by your damnation of a few idiots who happen to support Bristol City that Cardiff City are also embarrassing and pathetic?

As I mentioned, I've been both physically and verbally attacked more times than I can count by Cardiff City fans and I simply refuse to stop wearing my shirt or tarring all of the Cardiff fans with a single brush. When Cardiff City were fighting for a place in the Premiership and had made the playoffs I went to town with my mates who happen to be big Cardiff City fans, I sat in the pub with them, cheered on Cardiff and had a great time with many Cardiff fans who were great to be around. This whole idea that a few idiotic fans represent the many is the real pathetic mentality.

Good on you, there are idiots everywhere on both sides I’m afraid. Some of the replies on here are worse than the original OP.

cardiff is a booming city these days,  it’s overtaken Bristol in many ways......not least football

5 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Good on you, there are idiots everywhere on both sides I’m afraid. Some of the replies on here are worse than the original OP.

cardiff is a booming city these days,  it’s overtaken Bristol in many ways......not least football

?

21 hours ago, Cardiffc!ty said:

Bristol city fans started on a coach of Cardiff city supporters with women and families on. Chanting 'you Welsh c**ts'

I wasn't impressed with those idiots myself but I was impressed by the women who weren't even intimidated by them. Mugs

If the women concerned were like any that used to inhabit the Black Prince at Llantrisant back in 90's, the 'Bristol' fans were lucky that they never got a kicking.

26 minutes ago, O'Garlandinho said:

Surely not a police matter? 

19 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

For what chanting at a coach? Odd thing to do tagging old bill 

18 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I smell "HS"

Henbury Sag.

I was meaning so we can prove if it happened or not, and the OP can be outed as a liar. Weird thing to post on the forum as a first timer unless bullshit or wanting to stir up trouble that’s all 

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I was meaning so we can prove if it happened or not, and the OP can be outed as a liar. Weird thing to post on the forum as a first timer unless bullshit or wanting to stir up trouble that’s all 

Well..... I’ve heard that there is some truth in this, but not sure if the woman and kids bit is true!

As stated previously I didn’t travel to Nottingham but was policing rovers v Wycombe!

This type of incident has previously happened all over the uk between groups of football fans, sometimes it gets reported by the relevant service station, sometimes not! It can range from chants and cheering to on rare occcasions disorder.  If it has been reported it will no doubt end up on my desk . 

I spoke to the travelling police spotters who stopped on the way back at a service station with no issues and certainly no Cardiff fans. In fact the city team were at the same place ! 

I am back tomorrow and will see if anything has been reported. 

21 hours ago, Cardiffc!ty said:

I’ve witnessed your brave boys chucking bricks and coins at women and children outside Ninian Park loads of times over the years....embarrassing...

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Especially given his location seemed to be even further north than Newcastle. Probably time to tick this one off, 

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Question to the OP to the 'Cardiff fan'- assuming you aren't banned already.

How come on 5 Cardiff forums, nearly 24 hrs after the 'event' there is not one mention? Explain that, if you can...

I have no idea if this actually happened...doubt it....but perhaps no one on the “coach” posts on forums, only a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of fans contribute to their club’s forum(s)...not saying this incident actually happened ....but I don’t know either way....

15 minutes ago, harrys said:

I have it on good authority it was the KW coach, 52 of them started on a 76 year old one legged female scarfer who was with her 8 year old grand-daughter, kicked the shit out of both of them, that’ll teach the soul crew not to mess with KWBB

Haven’t heard mention of the KWBB for many a year. They still going strong? How about the KWBG?

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I have no idea if this actually happened...doubt it....but perhaps no one on the “coach” posts on forums, only a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of fans contribute to their club’s forum(s)...not saying this incident actually happened ....but I don’t know either way....

That's a fair point. Unlikely but a fair point, therefore possible.

Still word of mouth should have got it out by now- tend to agree with @archie andrews on this one.

46 minutes ago, JulieH said:

As stated previously I didn’t travel to Nottingham but was policing rovers v Wycombe!

This type of incident has previously happened all over the uk between groups of football fans, sometimes it gets reported by the relevant service station, sometimes not! It can range from chants and cheering to on rare occcasions disorder.  If it has been reported it will no doubt end up on my desk . 

I spoke to the travelling police spotters who stopped on the way back at a service station with no issues and certainly no Cardiff fans. In fact the city team were at the same place ! 

I am back tomorrow and will see if anything has been reported. 

Any trouble at the Mem?

I think it is worth clearing up personally- if @JulieH can/will that'd be good.

I don't think it is that serious an incident- if true- but things like this don't help clubs, fans with things like getting more tickets, safe standing that sort of thing. Essentially if we are seen as that we cannot be trusted that much as fans, then things are just that bit more tricky in terms of pushing for bigger allocations, no bubble matches etc. It's worth clearing up.

Archived