IGNORED

January window

Allwaysred

5 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Will have to wait and see but easily off set by sells of COD & Kelly if the board have the ambition that a goal scorer is needed this time around and those players want to move on. 

I don't follow much European or German football at all these days, so can honestly say have never heard of Poulsen, other than this thread, but if you say City might be signing him, then what the hell, I believe you.

4 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

There is NO chance at all Poulsen will sign for city, look at least to the bottom half of the table and then consider possible bundesliga options. Wouldn’t be surprised if a striker from Köln or St.Pauli or HSV was considered from the 2.Liga. No chance Poulsen will come here, he must be on about 45k a week as it is

Would Leipzig be letting him go in any case- ie is he available?

Second, would be take a step down to us? Because improving though this division is and growing profile though we have, Leipzig are in and around top 4 I think- in the CL race.

On 23/01/2019 at 20:39, INCRED said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the club have been planning a high profile loan deal and up the ante in light of our improved form and position. Good time to bring in a proven striker as Fulham did last season - maybe wishful thinking but you don’t make a public statement about bringing in a striker, disappear for a few days on an alleged CDP close to the end of a transfer window without delivering on it.

No specific rumours in the media so could be a player from abroad with maybe a try before you buy option 

I’m hoping the club will announce something early next week

LJ doesn’t sign the players so he doesn’t need to be here fretting about it.

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Second, would be take a step down to us? Because improving though this division is and growing profile though we have, Leipzig are in and around top 4 I think- in the CL race.

He could start for any lower half prem team, we are no where near that level at all. If there was any chance of a championship team singing him it could be Villa if they sell a few players. 

I can tell you 100% he will not be sold to a championship team though,  I have been speaking to people in Germany this week to see what they think (1 guy from Leipzig in my work, few from Berlin).

Apparently City are looking at a player called Matheus Cunha who plays for Leipzig. I can't pretend that I know him.  But it isn't Poulsen. Here is a report from Leipzig this week:

Wenig relevante Transfergerüchte rund um RB Leipzig

Auf Abgangsseite wurde zuletzt auch noch ein Matheus Cunha als Kandidat bei Betis Sevilla genannt. Allerdings geht man in Spanien auch davon aus, dass RB Leipzig kein Interesse daran hat, Cunha abzugeben. Im Umfeld des englischen Zweitligisten Bristol City sieht man den Stürmer allerdings trotzdem als möglichen Neuzugangskandidaten. Bristols Trainer Lee Johnson hospitierte diese Woche in Leipzig. Johnsons Assistent Dean Holden erklärt dazu, dass das dem Club künftig in Bezug auf Kontakte und den Zugriff auf „einige ihrer Spieler“ helfen wird.

Which is basically:

Little relevant transfer rumours around RB Leipzig
On the exit side, a Matheus Cunha was last named as a candidate for Betis Sevilla. However, it is also assumed in Spain that RB Leipzig has no interest in giving up Cunha. In the environment of the English second league team Bristol City, however, the striker is still seen as a possible new candidate. Bristol's coach Lee Johnson was a guest in Leipzig this week. Johnson's assistant Dean Holden explains that this will help the club in the future in terms of contacts and access to "some of their players".

4 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

He could start for any lower half prem team, we are no where near that level at all. If there was any chance of a championship team singing him it could be Villa if they sell a few players. 

I can tell you 100% he will not be sold to a championship team though,  I have been speaking to people in Germany this week to see what they think (1 guy from Leipzig in my work, few from Berlin).

Apparently City are looking at a player called Matheus Cunha who plays for Leipzig. I can't pretend that I know him.  But it isn't Poulsen. Here is a report from Leipzig this week:

Wenig relevante Transfergerüchte rund um RB Leipzig

Auf Abgangsseite wurde zuletzt auch noch ein Matheus Cunha als Kandidat bei Betis Sevilla genannt. Allerdings geht man in Spanien auch davon aus, dass RB Leipzig kein Interesse daran hat, Cunha abzugeben. Im Umfeld des englischen Zweitligisten Bristol City sieht man den Stürmer allerdings trotzdem als möglichen Neuzugangskandidaten. Bristols Trainer Lee Johnson hospitierte diese Woche in Leipzig. Johnsons Assistent Dean Holden erklärt dazu, dass das dem Club künftig in Bezug auf Kontakte und den Zugriff auf „einige ihrer Spieler“ helfen wird.

Which is basically:

Little relevant transfer rumours around RB Leipzig
On the exit side, a Matheus Cunha was last named as a candidate for Betis Sevilla. However, it is also assumed in Spain that RB Leipzig has no interest in giving up Cunha. In the environment of the English second league team Bristol City, however, the striker is still seen as a possible new candidate. Bristol's coach Lee Johnson was a guest in Leipzig this week. Johnson's assistant Dean Holden explains that this will help the club in the future in terms of contacts and access to "some of their players".

Loan to Leeds perhaps? They seem to have a fair bit of financial headroom and quite a big club.

No Championship clubs sounds about right- Betis Sevilla as in top 6 La Liga, through in Europa League Real Betis? Tough choice us or them...? May get more game time and development possibilities here though.

Will have to look up Cunha.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Loan to Leeds perhaps? They seem to have a fair bit of financial headroom and quite a big club.

No Championship clubs sounds about right- Betis Sevilla as in top 6 La Liga, through in Europa League Real Betis? Tough choice us or them...? May get more game time and development possibilities here though.

Will have to look up Cunha.

Yeah the Germans are weird and name the teams a little different to us, Real Betis is Betis Sevilla for them. Heres hoping, positive movements within City though with the new calibre of players were linked to 

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Yeah the Germans are weird and name the teams a little different to us, Real Betis is Betis Sevilla for them. Heres hoping, positive movements within City though with the new calibre of players were linked to 

I wondered if it was some sort of 'B' team as the lower divisions in La Liga have them, but if you're a player we're never and wouldn't be for some while, more attractive than Real Betis and particularly to foreign players. We're improving our profile undoubtedly though.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Many have said he's out of reach because of wages / price but they are a club in crisis and are looking to off load players to off set the debts. He's a player we have watched before but more international duty rather than club. He's young mobile and scores goals and a  great target so fingerscrossed it comes off. Maybe this is the time SL and co have given the green light. 

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Many have said he's out of reach because of wages / price but they are a club in crisis and are looking to off load players to off set the debts. He's a player we have watched before but more international duty rather than club. He's young mobile and scores goals and a  great target so fingerscrossed it comes off. Maybe this is the time SL and co have given the green light. 

Poulsen would be IMO off to a higher level than us. Or even a higher ranked Championship club if he was to go there.

Unsure they're a club in crisis either.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Not sure what you are on about. Not heard about any crisis financially there. They aren’t huge spenders and have champions league and europa league money backing them. They will eventually have to sell their best players like Werner, Forsberg and Sabitzer but not because they will be going broke. 

This isn’t a small champions league team from Cyrpus. This is a top flight German side who are not only comfortably in their third year in the German top flight but also second year in Europe. Poulsen has been apart of that. His fee, wages and reputation far outweigh bristol City unfortunately. 

As a player, a lot to like for sure. Though he isn’t a natural goalscorer. Does seem to get into good positions but squanders quite a few chances. Just don’t see the point in talking about someone far out of our reach. It would be like saying we could get Arnautovic from West Ham or Moreno from Villarreal. 

• Admin
On 23/01/2019 at 18:39, Allwaysred said:

So roughly a week to go before the window is closed. LG in Germany followed by a visit to SL house for a green light to sign a striker??? I guess it's going to be a long week or is it?? I'm sticking my neck out and saying Yussuff Polson will be unveiled to us all attending Friday night ?what's everyone else's thoughts??

I am intrigued @Allwaysred why you thought this - was a very random name to highlight

Archived