IGNORED

January window

Allwaysred

So roughly a week to go before the window is closed. LG in Germany followed by a visit to SL house for a green light to sign a striker??? I guess it's going to be a long week or is it?? I'm sticking my neck out and saying Yussuff Polson will be unveiled to us all attending Friday night ?what's everyone else's thoughts??

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

So roughly a week to go before the window is closed. LG in Germany followed by a visit to SL house for a green light to sign a striker??? I guess it's going to be a long week or is it?? I'm sticking my neck out and saying Yussuff Polson will be unveiled to us all attending Friday night ?what's everyone else's thoughts??

Sorry fat finger LJ

I think Poulsen would have better offers than us. He is a champions league and europa league striker at a top progressive club. They also do not sell cheap. Keita was what 50m? Read they quoted 40m to Wolves for Augustin. 

Think LJ was strictly there to continue his education. The link won’t hurt but doubt they have any experienced players that would be available to us

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it me or are the signings this January quieter than normal? 

Seems much low profile in the press etc 

Even on here things ground to a halt after Palmers signing 

Does feel that way. My guess is that the premier league makes so much money that it is safer for teams to keep players in an emergency than loan them out for a few quid savings. Example would be Palace and Wickham. He doesn’t often feature and when he does it is for a few minutes here and there. He could be loaned out and save them some wages for a few months but if they got an injury and needed him and he was gone the losses of being relegated are too big. 

Hope I explained that well. Basically think clubs rather keep the extra 1-2m of salaries as a safe guard to keep their prem money. Most loans have been youngsters nowhere near first team I think. 

46 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think Poulsen would have better offers than us. He is a champions league and europa league striker at a top progressive club. They also do not sell cheap. Keita was what 50m? Read they quoted 40m to Wolves for Augustin. 

Think LJ was strictly there to continue his education. The link won’t hurt but doubt they have any experienced players that would be available to us

He's not a 1st choice especially after they've changed their formation. Guess only time will tell but bit bizarre he would go there to further his education don't you think when the best teachers, and set ups are right here. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the club have been planning a high profile loan deal and up the ante in light of our improved form and position. Good time to bring in a proven striker as Fulham did last season - maybe wishful thinking but you don’t make a public statement about bringing in a striker, disappear for a few days on an alleged CDP close to the end of a transfer window without delivering on it.

No specific rumours in the media so could be a player from abroad with maybe a try before you buy option 

I’m hoping the club will announce something early next week

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

He's not a 1st choice especially after they've changed their formation. Guess only time will tell but bit bizarre he would go there to further his education don't you think when the best teachers, and set ups are right here. 

Not really . Every coach/ manager and club does things differently .Nothing wrong with broadening his horizons . 

28 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Looks a regular to me?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yussuf-poulsen/leistungsdaten/spieler/157635

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Jamie....nope!

Dean...nope!

Mark...nope!

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Sorry fat finger LJ

Oh, thanks a lot... :bruce_h4h:

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Is it me or are the signings this January quieter than normal? 

Seems much low profile in the press etc 

Even on here things ground to a halt after Palmers signing 

Financial regs feeding through a bit IMO. That and there is an increasingly held view IMO that January? Not unless absolutely necessary. The odd exception- Mepham and Solanke to Bournemouth to £31m combined fee was it, Higuain to Chelsea fairly high profile but beyond that...

FFP and STCC is a funny thing in PL. Bournemouth can spend £31m on those 2 yet Arsenal- that club that had huge cash reserves of all sides- are struggling to get cash together (FFP) or more likely wages (STCC) for a permanent deal for Denis Suarez! Seem to be having to stick to loan.

As for Poulsen...OP can I have some of what you're having? It sounds good! ? Being serious, would be an excellent signing however I cannot see it at all.

4 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

LJ is in Germany? How do you know that...apologies if I’ve missed that...

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Said he was going to Leipzig for some personal development on post-match presser Saturday.  Dean Holden confirmed today too. 

One quote from it was about potentially making useful contacts Leipzig certainly could be that down the line even if not this window.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t wild speculation,  unfounded conjecture   or rumour so it obviously not on the OS

So you are saying the club posts wild speculation, unfounded conjecture or rumours on the OS.

And yet you often dismiss things unless they appear on the OS.

Weird.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So you are saying the club posts wild speculation, unfounded conjecture or rumours on the OS.

And yet you often dismiss things unless they appear on the OS.

Weird.

I’ve just noticed that.................

It doesn’t read as I meant it to..............:facepalm:

Oh well............:dunno:

There is NO chance at all Poulsen will sign for city, look at least to the bottom half of the table and then consider possible bundesliga options. Wouldn’t be surprised if a striker from Köln or St.Pauli or HSV was considered from the 2.Liga. No chance Poulsen will come here, he must be on about 45k a week as it is

3 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

There is NO chance at all Poulsen will sign for city, look at least to the bottom half of the table and then consider possible bundesliga options. Wouldn’t be surprised if a striker from Köln or St.Pauli or HSV was considered from the 2.Liga. No chance Poulsen will come here, he must be on about 45k a week as it is

Will have to wait and see but easily off set by sells of COD & Kelly if the board have the ambition that a goal scorer is needed this time around and those players want to move on. 

Archived