IGNORED

New to the area - Pub Run Down

Berkshire Red

Hi all,

I'm new to the area, just moved to Southville having relocated for work and would be grateful if some of you knowledgeable folk could provide some suggestions on good pubs.

I've got a couple mates coming to stay and would ideally like cider bars/pubs with a selection of local ciders or if not then good real ale pubs

Any guidance would be good. I feel this is probably asked fairly frequently so if there is another thread with this info available please link - Thanks!

5 minutes ago, City18 said:

Hi all,

I'm new to the area, just moved to Southville having relocated for work and would be grateful if some of you knowledgeable folk could provide some suggestions on good pubs.

I've got a couple mates coming to stay and would ideally like cider bars/pubs with a selection of local ciders or if not then good real ale pubs

Any guidance would be good. I feel this is probably asked fairly frequently so if there is another thread with this info available please link - Thanks!

Take yer mates and wander around the docks. Loads of places to explore - including the Orchard.

Whenever I go on lash in Briz we always do that and end up in the Bear in Hotwells.

26 minutes ago, City18 said:

Hi all,

If you’re walking then queens square has some great pubs although they will be busy! if u fancy a walk glos road is a great night,, Apart from match days I drink north of the river, St Werberghs have a couple of cracking pubs. My advice would be to just walk around and discover them yourselves, as long as u stay away from chain pubs you’ll find some beauties! 

• Admin

Plenty of decent pubs around, you’ll just have to try them out for yourself to find the gems.

This always has a few decent beers on, easy walk from Southville, next to the Central Fire Station.

http://thecornubia.co.uk/

Could be worth joining Camra, the Bristol branch always seems to be up to something, I’m a member but haven’t been actively involved for quite a few years.  The Bristol beer festival” is coming up, tickets go on sale soon.

http://www.camrabristol.org.uk/

And for Cider, it’s always a novelty to take visitors to the ‘cider boat’

http://applecider.co.uk/

Archived