IGNORED

Marko Arnautovic

BobBobSuperBob

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Hmm. Tricky one. Fans are so fickle nowadays. If he scores a couple in his next game they will be cheering for him for sure

Can you really blame a player for taking a contract elsewhere that will be their pension fund ? 

I think his contracts at Stoke and West Ham had already set him up for life....his salary in China would just have been his beer money...

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Now his move to China has fallen through

Arnautovic has announced he will stay at West Ham

Ohhhh ...........that’s good of you

Lets see how true , West Ham Fans are , and whether they welcome him back in the fold 

Would you ?

Yes...he is their best player...if he strays it will be forgotten about in a matter of weeks or sooner if he scores

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think his contracts at Stoke and West Ham had already set him up for life....his salary in China would just have been his beer money...

He must drink a lot of beer if he spends 300k a week !

Personally - I don’t blame modern players for chasing the coin. I would. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He must drink a lot of beer if he spends 300k a week !

Personally - I don’t blame modern players for chasing the coin. I would. 

Yep, I wasn’t being entirely serious....but, when you are already a multi millionaire do you really need to uproot your family to China to chase even more dosh in a low profile league? ....surely it gets to a point when you have ‘enough’ money and looking for more is just greed? 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lets see how true , West Ham Fans are , and whether they welcome him back in the fold 

Would you ?

Nope and looks like they have a replacement lined up.

Hadn't seen this. I was going to say, watch the 'spin machine' go into full effect, but it already has.

West Ham feels like home and I hope the West Ham fans have always seen that. The club has pointed my career in the right direction since I joined and therefore I want to put the offers aside, help the club to climb as high as possible in the table and try to win the Cup.

All that leaves is for him to blame his agent and we're good to go. 
I think most will forgive him, if he wasn't their best player that might have been different mind.

Modern day footballer pushes for a move to improve his pension fund or as his brother says because he has ambitions to win the Chinese super league !! There is no loyalty left anymore. Do you think he really cares too much which shirt he wears. Most football fans now realise this and quickly move on to supporting the next incumbent of the shirt.

Different times I know but did anyone turn against Tom Ritchie and Geoff Merrick when their move to Arsenal fell through. No of course not.

Would you have stopped cheering Bobbob super Bobs goals if the deal to WBA had fallen through (albeit much different circumstances) (what about if he had agitated for a move that fell through ?)

Move on get over it...support the team

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would you ?

Laughed when I saw this on sky. If the West Ham fans fall for this then they’re mugs. 

He basically said: 

**** West Ham I’m off to loads of money China .

marko, the club’s pulled out of the deal

ive always loved West Ham anyway and wouldn’t of left ✊?

39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Laughed when I saw this on sky. If the West Ham fans fall for this then they’re mugs. 

He basically said: 

Blokes a *******

Like a cheating partner

They’ve  done it once...........

Id get rid as soon as I got a decent offer

Personally I hope the West Ham fans give him loads

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He basically said: 

He'd already said a while earlier he wanted Champions League football , and was linked with clubs , though nothing came of it.

The thing is, he's a top player for them. Carol is basically made of biscuit and can't play 3 games on the trot, so they need a goalscorer. If they don't get a decent offer, and I can't see they will get what they want, I think you'll find they all make up very quickly.

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He'd already said a while earlier he wanted Champions League football , and was linked with clubs , though nothing came of it.

The thing is, he's a top player for them. Carol is basically made of biscuit and can't play 3 games on the trot, so they need a goalscorer. If they don't get a decent offer, and I can't see they will get what they want, I think you'll find they all make up very quickly.

True . My point is though , he must be a idiot if he thinks fans can’t see through it.

It's an interesting one.

I remember I think it was @Phileas Fogg a while ago posting about players from very poor countries or say poor backgrounds from South America who go to China or similar because the money so good and they know real poverty so wish to make the very most of their career even if it means leaving an arguably higher standard- an example maybe a spate who went from Shakhtar when they were CL regulars to China, invariably Brazilian. So I get that.

However, Arnautovic is Austrian isn't he? Not so applicable in his case. Yet from a footballing pov, a fit, happy and firing Arnautovic? Fine player and linking up with Anderson, Nasri, Antonio, Snodgrass in various combinations could be very productive for him and West Ham both now and moving forward- if he got back in the groove, and more importantly visibly looked committed to the cause?I think many of their fans would be quite happy in due course.

He strikes me of the type that plays football because he is good at it not because he wants to. Good player on his day but way too moody for my liking. If I was West Ham I’d have taken that deal and done all I could to help make it happen. He is almost 30 as well so maybe a good time to sell while he still has some value. 

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Some people play the game simply to make make money. It's just a job to them. I know it's hard for us supporters to get out head around. If you were that sort of person, and someone said "you can triple your earnings, to do an easier job", would you say no?  Probably not. 

As a kid growing up in Austria, do you think he dreamt of playing for West Ham? 

Brings to mind GJ saying that some players like being footballers but don't like playing football.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Now West Ham have rewarded the ****** with an improved contract

What a joke

Give it a few months and he will be posturing for a move again

Thats probably down to when he eventually leaves, it wont be for free. 

Poor mans Zlatan. Strikes me of the sort of player that is always playing well for his next move.

Archived