IGNORED

Who Do We Want In The Next Round? (Merged)

handsofclay

11 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Gonna be honest...anyone at home except Man Utd, don’t think anything could beat our game against them last season

If they had won 10/11 in a row under Solskjaer and we ended that it could arguably be better. Especially, if it kept our unbeaten run going under the lights at Ashton Gate, on a Friday night, on the BBC and for the second round in a row we were the first team into the hat for the next round......

12 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

If they had won 10/11 in a row under Solskjaer and we ended that it could arguably be better. Especially, if it kept our unbeaten run going under the lights at Ashton Gate, on a Friday night, on the BBC and for the second round in a row we were the first team into the hat for the next round......

We could only dream...imagine the GIFs!

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s actually a really interesting point. Have Palmer, Kalas and Da Silva got written into the loan agreements that they can’t play against Chelsea or was that considered so unlikely it wasn’t written in (if we get them)

Completely against the rules for loanees to play against their parent club.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

It’s happened before though hasn’t it? I seem to remember a loanee scoring the winner against his parent club a few years back...it might have been a player on loan at Chelsea or Newcastle? Merlot has dimmed my memory....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Going to the Bridge is a stroll in the park these days - not like running the gauntlet in the dim and distant...

I can only imagine.  Although, my old man does often talk fondly of the day he almost got killed by a mob in Chelsea's away end in the 70's.  Guess I want the same sort of tale to tell to my son!

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I can only imagine.  Although, my old man does often talk fondly of the day he almost got killed by a mob in Chelsea's away end in the 70's.  Guess I want the same sort of tale to tell to my son!

You really don’t red....a day out at Stamford Bridge ain’t too bad these days....I went to see them play Southampton a few seasons back, couldn’t believe how much it has changed...and I’m talking about the off-field experience...

26 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Unless your manager is such a nice chap he decides it would be mean to prevent the loan player scoring against his parent club so gives him permission to play.

Like John Ward with David Seal iirc.

42 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

It is not permitted by the Premier League. In cup competitions it is permitted provided there is a written agreement between the relevant clubs submitted to the EFL. 

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s happened before though hasn’t it? I seem to remember a loanee scoring the winner against his parent club a few years back...it might have been a player on loan at Chelsea or Newcastle? Merlot has dimmed my memory....

It has happened many times but the straw that broke the camel's back for the Premier League to change their rules was LuaLua scoring an 89th minute equaliser for Portsmouth while on loan from Newcastle. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

It is not permitted by the Premier League. In cup competitions it is permitted provided there is a written agreement between the relevant clubs submitted to the EFL. 

It has happened many times but the straw that broke the camel's back for the Premier League to change their rules was LuaLua scoring an 89th minute equaliser for Portsmouth while on loan from Newcastle. 

Cheers Chris, I knew Newcastle were involved somewhere along the line!

Archived