IGNORED

The once very much derided

AppyDAZE

Stuart Attwell, tonight's Ref. I thought he was a breath of fresh air to let the game flow and not blow up for every bit of contact, as you so often see them do these days.

Fair play 'cos I so wish more refs would take the same approach.

We don't want free kick after free kick when we are at a game.

Proper game tonight, helped by the Ref

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stuart Attwell, tonight's Ref. I thought he was a breathe of fresh air to left the game flow and not blow up for every bit of contact, as you so often see them do these days.

Fair play, I so wish more refs would take the same approach.

I thought he was very inconsistent.  Great advantage, but missed some obvious stuff too.

Great advantage for the goal... but several wrong throw in decisions, then playing on for 30 seconds when Baker was clearly down with a head injury and they almost scored. Missed several other fouls for me too. Refereeing is a hard job, but I thought he was poor today overall. 

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thought he was generally poor.

Did very little as Bolton got increasingly rougher with their challenges.

It's football mate. What do you want to watch, netball?

All about opinions but I liked him letting the game go without stopping much.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

It's football mate. What do you want to watch, netball?

All about opinions but I liked him letting the game go without stopping much.

I'm not a fan of how soft many fouls are classed as nowadays, but there were some very poor challenges by the standards of 20 years ago allowed with no repurcussions at all and then he'd blow for a gentle nudge 10 seconds later.

Baker was unmoving on the floor with a head injury for the best part of a minute before he did anything.

As I said, generally poor tonight

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm not a fan of how soft many fouls are classed as nowadays, but there were some very poor challenges by the standards of 20 years ago allowed with no repurcussions at all and then he'd blow for a gentle nudge 10 seconds later.

Baker was unmoving on the floor with a head injury for the best part of a minute before he did anything.

As I said, generally poor tonight

There were no "poor" challenges tonight that I saw. Baker is his own worst enemy half the time, he is psycho and gets himself injured a lot. Hey, you thought the ref was poor and i can't agree. Not much more to say really

Oh and I WAS there

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stuart Attwell, tonight's Ref. I thought he was a breath of fresh air to let the game flow and not blow up for every bit of contact, as you so often see them do these days.

Sorry but I disagree. Allowed too much off the ball physical from Bolton players who jumped at the City player rather than the ball.

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

There were no "poor" challenges tonight that I saw. Baker is his own worst enemy half the time, he is psycho and gets himself injured a lot. Hey, you thought the ref was poor and i can't agree. Not much more to say really

Oh and I WAS there

Yes Baker is his own worst enemy, but you can't have a player lying on the ground with a head injury and play going on, literally, all around him. He could have got hit, kicked, moved again and made it worse. The bench clearly recognised it was serious, because they'd got as far as beside the goal before the ref let them on. He should have stopped it earlier.

But otherwise I agree with you! Kept it going, let things go, and actually I thought that when things did start getting out of hand later on he was quick to get the card out just enough to make it clear. 

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yes Baker is his own worst enemy, but you can't have a player lying on the ground with a head injury and play going on, literally, all around him. He could have got hit, kicked, moved again and made it worse. The bench clearly recognised it was serious, because they'd got as far as beside the goal before the ref let them on. He should have stopped it earlier.

But otherwise I agree with you! Kept it going, let things go, and actually I thought that when things did start getting out of hand later on he was quick to get the card out just enough to make it clear. 

Good points, ID

Just nice to actually see a fast moving game for once, and for me that had a lot to do with his approach.

I've even seen refs stop the game for a breather themselves and they drive me mad. :laugh: (no names, think fat prem ref)

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yet the Radio Bristol commentators informed us that a yellow card should have been shown for this offence, a red for that one and a penalty should definitely have been awarded there. Thank goodness we had a referee and not a journalist in charge of the game.

Archived