IGNORED

pitch okay? snow forecast from midday thursday

Never to the dark side

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Still pouring down in BS30

I think the surrounding areas would be a cause for concern, if this keeps up, rather than the stadium itself. 

Most likely the case.

On the stadium front, seem to recall last year stewards helped clear snow v Sheff Wed from the stands on the Friday and Saturday. Maybe that the pitch is fine, but the stands themselves would pose issues if half snow, half thawed for example.

Get on with it - they are all a bunch of wussies these days.

In the good old days ( before the prem) a little bit of snow was not a problem - and not a pair of gloves in sight!snow.jpg.0094e36292a90de5a82973fb5841fbb0.jpg

572525680_snow1.thumb.jpg.3d95a4ad70a89789d2914de50c5d204d.jpg

Mind you, health and safety didn't exist back in the day!

509793222_snow2.thumb.jpg.e9cfcfc9e10b965b7ac5c1535a41b464.jpg

39 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Get on with it - they are all a bunch of wussies these days.

In the good old days ( before the prem) a little bit of snow was not a problem - and not a pair of gloves in sight!snow.jpg.0094e36292a90de5a82973fb5841fbb0.jpg

572525680_snow1.thumb.jpg.3d95a4ad70a89789d2914de50c5d204d.jpg

Mind you, health and safety didn't exist back in the day!

509793222_snow2.thumb.jpg.e9cfcfc9e10b965b7ac5c1535a41b464.jpg

And we were all black and white in those days , didn’t bother us a bit.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Your extensive grounds look wonderful in the snow.

Is that an unwonky bird table back left at the end of the garden before one of your enormous fields? :dunno:

Yes, but the birds are conspicuous by their absence today, will get some more grub out for them when it stops snowing

I’ve just come back from being out (on foot). I’m in Briz so not too far from AG and was surprised at how bad the side roads near me are. I cleared my path before I went out and an hour later it’s covered again, and it’s still coming down. AG pitch might be playable but if the roads are bad, car park etc, especially if it freezes tonight it’s got to be doubtful. That said the Sheff Weds game went ahead last season when the roads surrounding were quite bad, so who knows. 

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

The ground pics don't look very encouraging but thankfully the forecast looks much better. 10 of us coming up on the chuff from Devon tomorrow on an all dayer so it had better be on.

Really, I posted them thinking positively that the pitch will only get better and there’s little to no snow on the steps of the stands.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Yes, but the birds are conspicuous by their absence today, will get some more grub out for them when it stops snowing

They are all here eating my mealworms, can’t put it out fast enough. It’s  been Robins Vs Blackbirds with the Robins having 73% pocession. :laugh:

Advice for those venturing out in the south of England today;

Wear several layers of clothing, gloves, a hat and scarf

Wear sensible shoes

Stick to treated roads and pavements

Don`t drive unless it`s absolutely necessary

Ensure that you plan to have returned home before dark

Advice for those venturing out in Yorkshire today;

if you`re tekkin` whippet out you might need y`cap

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Plenty here, seems they prefer the bird table to be decrepit and at a funny angle.

Archived