IGNORED

1st time at Ashton Gate??

Richard Grant

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Last time I went to Ibrox I went in the pub owned by Ian Durrant, quite near the stadium...can’t remember what is called....was a top boozer!

The district bar. on Paisley Road West.  I don't think he owns it any more,  I used to know the guy that ran it... crackin bar.

4 hours ago, Richard Grant said:

Hi

I am A Rangers fan working in Bristol for a few months, Due to the snow  all flights to Glasgow have been cancelled today so it I am stranded in Bristol for the weekend. So instead of going to Ibrox on Saturday  I am looking to take in the match at Ashton Gate.

Was looking for any recommendations as to where is the best stand to watch the game, wheres best for a pint and the best way to get to and from the game from St Pauls.

I would imagine its quite a tasty fixture against Swansea being not too far away and  both teams sitting just outside the play offs

Cheers in advance

Pint at The Ostrich..... then a stroll to The Orchard... then over the river to The Avon Packet....then a stroll to the ground for a Pint in the Fan village...watch the game Win...All hail King Johnson....Lose... Johnson Out 

1 hour ago, Richard Grant said:

looking forward to it hopefully the snow will clear a bit by tomorrow.

There's loads of them in town.If it was near the ground it could of been the Park bar or the wee Rangers club... there's loads of good pubs around only dampened by Scottish licencing laws on Sundays and sky/BT early kick offs.

He said there was a massive bloke behind the bar called big malkie or something... probably 25 years ago now though! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@Richard Grant you should’ve looked up your old mucker Paul McGann, he used to live in Bristol.  Really would’ve been Withnail and I.

He lived three doors down from me in Clifton. Also had that bloke from Hollyoaks a couple of doors down. 

At one stage Jacki Dziekanowski rented the flat opposite. Every morning when opening my living room curtains I could gauge how Jacki's night had gone by the angle of his Mercedes and the distance it was from the kerb. 

4 hours ago, Richard Grant said:

Ticket sorted for the South stand, hopefully be on and a decent game.

Welcome and enjoy and the only time will make way from a blue in our end...... wots your thoughts on Ryan Kent as he was dog down here, he gave the impression the championship wasn't good enough for him!!! 

6 hours ago, Richard Grant said:

Hi

I am A Rangers fan working in Bristol for a few months, Due to the snow  all flights to Glasgow have been cancelled today so it I am stranded in Bristol for the weekend. So instead of going to Ibrox on Saturday  I am looking to take in the match at Ashton Gate.

Was looking for any recommendations as to where is the best stand to watch the game, wheres best for a pint and the best way to get to and from the game from St Pauls.

I would imagine its quite a tasty fixture against Swansea being not too far away and  both teams sitting just outside the play offs

Cheers in advance

Hope you enjoy your visit. I would love to go to a Rangers match one day.

3 hours ago, Richard Grant said:

I'll have look out for that.... I think there ground is just up the road from where I'm staying. I would of probably went to Cardiff v Bournemouth as my company get loads of free tickets there anyway and its only about an hour away on the train.

Probably best to stress that you'd have gone to cheer on Bournemouth...…..

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Welcome and enjoy and the only time will make way from a blue in our end...... wots your thoughts on Ryan Kent as he was dog down here, he gave the impression the championship wasn't good enough for him!!! 

Thanks, it will be  a little strange. He has done well, bags of pace and ability.  just needs to find consistency. He tore Scott Brown and the Celtic defence  a new one at the last Old Firm game.

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

So maybe it is easy for a non city fan to purchase a ticket for the home end then.

I phoned the ticket office and asked if you need to be a member and was tolled i can turn up and buy them on the day if i wanted. I did have to register to buy the ticket online. when we played Sheffield Wednesday in pre season a couple of years ago, I was working in Scunthorpe and tried to register for them but you couldn't 1st  ticket for a grade 1 match apparently. which was nuts as we took about 15k down and the home ends were empty.

@Richard Grant Can you let us know how your experience goes please. It isn’t often we get someone new in the home end of our ground. As you can imagine all away fans just say it’s a shithole, because we’re playing them. It’ll be interesting to hear an opinion of the new Ashton Gate from an outsider.

Archived