IGNORED

LJ's Post Match Radio Bristol Interview

Boston Red

What did you say at half time to the boys? It seemed to work. Goal straight after.

LJ. "Andi Weimann had a perfectly good goal disallowed at Forest, and then another one in the first half. He was down so I said to him 'What's your goal bonus because I am going to give it to you out of my own money.' He said 'I'm not on one'. I said 'I know. Which is good, because I can't afford it.'. I was trying to lighten the mood.

Are you disappointed not to have brought in a striker in the transfer window?

LJ. "Not too disappointed because we thought Matty Taylor would be out for six to eight weeks, but he has made a miraculous recovery. We did have offers for our players, and we had to fight hard to keep them."

And Adam Webster, he was good today.

LJ. "I was only happy to lose Flint if we got Webster. I told Mark Ashton that, and he was brilliant, he went out and got Adam Webster lined up before we sold Flint."

Also confirmed on Radio Bristol that Lee Johnson will be on Sound of the City with Geoff Twentyman on Monday at 6pm. 

These days he's much better and far more interesting to listen to.

Ok, it's easier to be relaxed and informative on the back of an excellent run of results, but just like his team are learning and improving each game, so is he in front of the mic. 

Much to my surprise I am actually beginning to rate him, and appreciate what he is bringing to the club!

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Ok, it's easier to be relaxed and informative on the back of an excellent run of results, but just like his team are learning and improving each game, so is he in front of the mic. 

Much to my surprise I am actually beginning to rate him, and appreciate what he is bringing to the club!

Me too. Still nowhere near convinced but also nowhere near as sure as I was that we were sliding into the bottom six, thirteen league games ago. The squad are working well together. Also still believe some have reached their peak with us and need better quality instead. But that's just my view and I could easily be right or wrong.

23 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

LJ has always spoke well imv. His pre and post match media skills  were one of the first things I noticed when he took over - far better than many of his predecessors at City.

I've always found his comments well worth listening to once you gotten past some of technical phrases he sometimes uses,

In terms of his managerial skills - I accepted right away that SL was fully behind him so was far more patient with LJs results than I would have been under a different manager. I can remember only once getting so irritated by what was being served up on the pitch that I very nearly stormed around the concourse to give him both barrels of verbals.....

However I got over it and my position with LJ has been largely neutral  it I’m just as delighted as every City fan with the impressive run City currently on for which LJ deserves much credit.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

In terms of his managerial skills - I accepted right away that SL was fully behind him so was far more patient with LJs results than I would have been under a different manager. I can remember only once getting so irritated by what was being served up on the pitch that I very nearly stormed around the concourse to give him both barrels of verbals.....

Good job you pulled out of that potential confrontation.....after you wilted like a piece of well-cooked spinach when confronted face to face by Gary Johnson (or ‘senior’ as you often annoyingly tag him) - you’d have been roasted by his more feisty son (or ‘junior’ as you often annoyingly tag him) ...a lucky escape for you.....he’d have just laughed at your ‘both barrels of verbals’ which would have undoubtedly made little or no sense.....

Always thought LJ spoke well and never hid when on a bad run.  

He.always remains measured and fair in his interviews and is obviously very confident in his own ability.  He does like to blow his own trumpet from.time.to.time but I can forgive him that.

For me he has shown immense mental strength coping with some of the abuse he has got.  Good on him.   

Archived