IGNORED

Automatic

Bristolded1987

Don’t get me wrong I would be very very happy to get in the play offs . 

But I just have this feeling we shouldn’t write us off , as I don’t believe I have seen any team better than us , with the way we are playing over the last few games . 

I do still believe I will win the lottery one day though ?

1 minute ago, Bristolded1987 said:

If we win our game in hand , we are only 7 points off . 

Now I know this is a big ask but I believe with the way we are playing , and the belief in the team , this is possible . 

Anyone else think we can 

Don't see why not. Like the way BCFC have quietly climbed into top six, under the radar, without the exposure that the rest of the top teams have been getting.

Just got to take 1 game at a time, we know teams can fall out of form but apart from when we play them we can't influence how they do, just got to focus on our own form, if its enough to make automatic or play offs then great if its not then so be it.

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

Name a better back 4 then what we have 

I totally agree . 

And even though we might not have all these well known have been players , I honestly think we bought young players who are now actually as good or better than the names that are branded around in the championship. 

I think now we have a team which are as good as anyone in this division. I just hope we don’t have to many injuries 

7 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Name a better back 4 then what we have 

Not doubting our back 4 but not sure what this has to do with the question...we are 10 points behind which is a decent gap....my opinion is we will not get automatic based on the current position...games left and strength of squad but 3rd-6th is very achievable 

Not wanting to be Mr doom and gloom but do people actually believe with the bigger teams we are now amongst that we can stay in the play offs?

I would love to believe we can but the fact recent history tells us for every good run there is a bad one not far away, I fear this great run we are on currently will turn into a losing run as we have done in the past.

Really hoping I'm wrong

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not wanting to be Mr doom and gloom but do people actually believe with the bigger teams we are now amongst that we can stay in the play offs?

I would love to believe we can but the fact recent history tells us for every good run there is a bad one not far away, I fear this great run we are on currently will turn into a losing run as we have done in the past.

Really hoping I'm wrong

No club has a Devine right regardless of how big they are or how much they spend. Look at Stoke, £65m and they are crap!

we just keep chipping away picking up points, grinding teams down and you never know!!

All we can do is maintain our own form. And even today, there was evidence that we could play better than we actually did, particularly up front. Get more clinical in front of goal, and we really could be onto something this season, and not just the play offs. However LJ needs to play our strongest team, and that might mean not starting one or two of his favourites.

47 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just got to take 1 game at a time, we know teams can fall out of form but apart from when we play them we can't influence how they do, just got to focus on our own form, if its enough to make automatic or play offs then great if its not then so be it.

Bloody hell Hodge, let's see a bit of passion! Do you stay sat down when we score?!

You're right if you mean the players should just focus on one game at a time, but us fans should be dreaming, speculating, following other teams results, heart pumping at the prospect of finally realising the long-term, long-thwarted aspiration of celebrating in the May sunshine at Ashton Gate, thousands singing and dancing, as we reach the promised land of the big boys of football, a glorious moment in the history of this great club.

Having said that, no, I don't think we'll get anywhere near automatic. 

20 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Really hoping I'm wrong

Don't really think we should be worried about the so called BIG teams.

My worry is people looking at fixtures and thinking oh we should beat this team and that team. never works out.

All about form. Steve Bruce Sheff Wed got a 90th min winner today could now go on a winning streak. Look at Hull when they came down to the gate looked like a home banker. We were very lucky to come out of that game with 3 points. Look at them since.

Makes our run even more amazing. Have Leeds or Norwich gone a longer unbeaten run or won more games in a row?

I ask because I don't know.

I was looking at this earlier, if we maintain our form over the last 5 games (which will be almost impossible) and Norwich and Leeds maintain their form from the last 5 then I think we will be 1 point behind Leeds but I would imagine we wouldn't be 3rd.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Bloody hell Hodge, let's see a bit of passion! Do you stay sat down when we score?!

You're right if you mean the players should just focus on one game at a time, but us fans should be dreaming, speculating, following other teams results, heart pumping at the prospect of finally realising the long-term, long-thwarted aspiration of celebrating in the May sunshine at Ashton Gate, thousands singing and dancing, as we reach the promised land of the big boys of football, a glorious moment in the history of this great club.

Having said that, no, I don't think we'll get anywhere near automatic. 

Well yes, I was at home today so was sat on the sofa :thumbsup: I was talking about from a club perspective, no chance you're getting the fans to do the same :laugh:

1 hour ago, Bristolded1987 said:

If we win our game in hand , we are only 7 points off . 

Now I know this is a big ask but I believe with the way we are playing , and the belief in the team , this is possible . 

Anyone else think we can 

No disrespect but to show the contempt this thread deserves I need to comment . If that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well a few months ago being in the bottom 6 looked a lot more likely than in the top 6.

So however unlikely it appears, it can't be completely ruled out.

A few months ago according to some we were league one bound. 

Amazing how things change, I’m not expecting play offs but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we did end up in the top 6

Archived