IGNORED

Automatic

Bristolded1987

10 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Leeds , Derby and WBA at home to come.I

Win these and it is a real possibility .

It's in our hands though, yes tough games but lets face it, they wont want to be playing us either.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think we would need to win our next four to six games to be in a title race which is a ludicrous ask...or is it...?

I honestly think we will win 2 and draw 2 of our next games . Which will put us in touching distance . 

Same as a successful relationship a solid foundation is needed , and we most certainly have that 

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Dont you love that sea of green in the form column? don'T know what to do with myself.

Do you find that movies only make you sad and parties make you feel as bad?

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

8pts off top spot with a game in hand. 8 straight wins, unbeaten in 14 in all competitions, 2 goals conceded in 7, etc, etc. Automatic? I bet Lee and the team believe it.....

.....and every game we remain unbeaten,  they will believe a little bit more!

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think we would need to win our next four to six games to be in a title race which is a ludicrous ask...or is it...?

......at Christmas it would have been a ludicrous ask for us to win the next 8! 

The points tally at the top is pretty low at the moment and no one is running away with it. Everyone is very much in the mix and will still have big games against each other. Historically 88 - 93 points should secure second spot. That is a huge ask for us as we sit on 50 points with 16 games left. Averaging 2 points per game for the remainder of the season will be a great acheivement but only gives us a total of 82 points. We will need to average 2.5 points per game to go up automatically, unless several teams above us implode. (Hull went up with 79 points in 2012/13 and Norwich with 84 points in 2010/11...so it is still possible).

I agree with Bob above and think Sheff Utd or more probably WBA will sneak into one of the automatic places.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If we beat QPR and beat Norwich the maximum gap will be 5 points with a game in hand. Looks possible then but it's a massive ask to win both of those.

That's got to be it, the Norwich game will be huge for us if we managed to win.  If we beat Norwich, I'd fail to see how anyone could stop us making the top two.

Any team on a winning run like ours has a serious chance.  Saying that, I'd be gobsmacked if we beat Norwich - a draw would be a superb result.

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Although we’re on a fantastic run of form, we have a really tough run in - easily the worst of the pack. 

Got to aim high of course, but I can’t see the autos being a possibility.

There are no free rides in this division, we often perform better against teams that come at us rather than the ten men behind the ball stylie .

We have nothing and no one to fear if we keep doing what we’re doing.

Add in to the  mix the jitters that often start for the favorites on the home stretch and , quite frankly my dear , It doesn’t matter who we have in the run in .

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There are no free rides in this division, we often perform better against teams that come at us rather than the ten men behind the ball stylie .

We have nothing and no one to fear if we keep doing what we’re doing.

Add in to the  mix the jitters that often start for the favorites on the home stretch and , quite frankly my dear , It doesn’t matter who we have in the run in .

The form of Leeds, Norwich and Middlesbrough in the last 6 has really squeezed the top 8, even if the current form for top 8 only continues for another two or three games, you would find top 8 within 5-6 points I think, with 12 games to go, fingers crossed!

If our form continues we will be top of the league in 4 or so games time. 

Everyone above us is dropping points - it’s definitely doable. 

Having said that; one slip,  we let Derby back in and find ourselves 7th. 

We also have an FA cup game next week when the others will be playing league games and picking up points  

What a ride this is turning out to be!

11 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

If our form continues we will be top of the league in 4 or so games time. 

If our form continues for another 4 games I will need medication and a lie down.

Archived