IGNORED

This time last year...

Tinmans Love Child

...this time last year we were only 4 points better off than we are this season, but obviously our form is completely different so we are on an upward trajectory not downwards!

Hopefully we will be surpassing last years points total very soon!

interesting that even with Bobby scoring loads, we only had 5 more goals at this stage last year than we do this year?

DF97C384-AC74-42B6-B6CC-EF18DD5AA60D.jpeg

CE5345B6-480F-49D1-9E23-8C9B374A3327.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The cup run last season done us in last season. Not so much physical but psychological damage to the squad who subconsciously took their eye off the Championship.....

Hopefully the same won’t happen with the FA Cup this season.

That is absolutely true in my opinion.

It is only one of the reasons for our implosion from January 17 however.

We can only hope that we have learned from that and that the league is where the focus is.

3 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

I hadn't realised that by this stage last season Fulham were already in the play off places. I thought they stormed the league and entered the top six much later.

They started their charge IIRC around Christmas- maybe last game before and momentum just steadily built and suddenly they were an outside bet for the title, sweeping all before them!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They started their charge IIRC around Christmas- maybe last game before and momentum just steadily built and suddenly they were an outside bet for the title, sweeping all before them!

IIRC they went 24 games unbeaten in the league, averaging over 2.5ppg for that time.

Archived