IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Unan

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

Excellent footballer but lightweight . More suited to the lower leagues 

Well there's another contradiction in terms. Lightweight so better suited to notably more physical lower leagues, along with the post about loaning out players, you seem to be in great form today... :whistle:

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, fair point.

Re Moore, the City management team think a lot of him, and think he might be better in the Champ, than lower leagues.

If they think that then Id have him back here and tell him to study Kalas and use Kalas to work with him  (If he’s going to be a CH it’s as a a Kalas type IMHO)

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, fair point.

Re Moore, the City management team think a lot of him, and think he might be better in the Champ, than lower leagues.

I did wonder earlier in the season if sending him to say Bundesliga II, a midtable club there could have helped with his development.

Similar to the Championship in some ways, fairly footballing League for a footballing CB, yet quite high tempo too- not saying we should cut his loan at Southend off but that could have been an interesting step IMO.

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Did you think Taylor Moore is Bobby Moore's son? He's not, nor should he be mentioned in the same breath.

Is Webster aggressive? Yes, when he needs to be.

Baker is not naturally aggressive at all, he simply has a ridiculous and completely out of character rush of blood to the head now and again.

To be a competent and competitive Championship CB you have to be able to hold your own in the air against very physical opponents as a basic.

I can't see TM doing that.

TM is still a young guy and not yet sufficiently ‘beefed up’ but lots of competitive matches are what he needs to achieve the physical upper body strength that so many Championship striker have.

Add to competitive matches plenty of gym work and a healthy diet and he’ll get there - it’s a question of how quickly he’ll get there.

Vyner is in a similar position.

Btw are you saying that TM isn’t Booby Moore’s son?..........:whistle:

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well there's another contradiction in terms. Lightweight so better suited to notably more physical lower leagues, along with the post about loaning out players, you seem to be in great form today... :whistle:

I’m so sorry ? 

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What was he back then? 19? And one of his first games for us and against prem opposition. Webster is not aggressive.

Webster has a great temperament and, unlike TM, I haven't seen him outmuscled in the air. He's strong in the tackle and in the air - he's almost 3 inches taller than TM.

Taylor definitely needs to add aggression to his game - whether that's something that can be taught is very debatable afaic.

What have you seen to make you so optimistic TM will become a regular first choice CB for City in the Championship?

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

TM is still a young guy and not yet sufficiently ‘beefed up’ but lots of competitive matches are what he needs to achieve the physical upper body strength that so many Championship striker have.

Add to competitive matches plenty of gym work and a healthy diet and he’ll get there - it’s a question of how quickly he’ll get there.

Vyner is in a similar position.

Btw are you saying that TM isn’t Booby Moore’s son?..........:whistle:

Championship wise it's definitely a question of whether he'll get there at all.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

In my experience it usually works better if you have a history of posting crap before, then it’s harder to tell the fishing posts. (That’s a sort of backhanded compliment, I guess :) )

I should’ve expanded on my original thought . Here goes . I watched a lot of u23 games that featured Taylor Moore and it was obvious he was a good footballer . He’s wasn’t the type of first ball winner centre half but had good movement and a bit of pace . He needed to add a bit of presence . Good to see he’s had a couple of seasons of loans but we have a lot of centre half’s at the club and I fear him and Vyner might never be regulars . 

Thank you for the back handed compliment. 

Whether it's TM or Vyner my view (which I've changed this season) is the massive benefit of having two quality (and yes expensive) CB's.

It's the platform for the whole team, I would see it as a massive step back to have to give Championship experience to either at City (a top half team).

It's no co-incidence that Kalas helped Fulham to the playoffs, he has aggression or perhaps strength and more pace than I originally thought. This should be our benchmark if the club genuinely thinks about progression - it has to be progression as a team and its individuals - who strengthen the team. 

I know Vyner is getting experience at Rotherham, but he doesn't look to be anything like the standard of our CB's (based on evidence of TV games before anyone asks).

So in summary, perhaps some positions are too crucial to develop and train at Championship level if we are serious about being a consistent play-off contender?

30 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Championship wise it's definitely a question of whether he'll get there at all.

No doubt he’s got the ability. LJ and his assistants all seem to rate him. 

As I just posted - he needs to beef up his upper body strength - then we’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt he’s got the ability. LJ and his assistants all seem to rate him. 

As I just posted - he needs to beef up his upper body strength - then we’ll see.

Agreed, there is no doubt that he has the ability and from what I saw in pre-season he has really beefed up, he looked twice the size he did before that time.

3 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

You can’t really tell if a player is any good from 30 secs of highlights!!!

Some fans have been able to judge a players ability without ever having seen him play, so 30 secs should be ample.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Webster has a great temperament and, unlike TM, I haven't seen him outmuscled in the air. He's strong in the tackle and in the air - he's almost 3 inches taller than TM.

Taylor definitely needs to add aggression to his game - whether that's something that can be taught is very debatable afaic.

What have you seen to make you so optimistic TM will become a regular first choice CB for City in the Championship?

I wonder what Webster was like at 21, probably similar to Moore?

Give the lad time, he’s technically good and has good pace, just needs to develop physically and with good coaching will be a good player I’m sure

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I wonder what Webster was like at 21, probably similar to Moore?

Give the lad time, he’s technically good and has good pace, just needs to develop physically and with good coaching will be a good player I’m sure

I think Flint might've still been non-League at 21!! 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I haven't seen TM play for about 18 months, so am assuming that he got a loan in a decent Lge One side because we think a lot of him and so do Southend.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Would be more (no pun) than happy to see a back line squad of:

Hunt / Pisano (i’d give him another year as it stands)

Wright / Kalas (please) / Webster / Moore

Kelly / Dasilva (please)

With Pring seeing if he is up to integrating.

That leaves Baker, who I would move on to give Kelly the LCB back-up spot.

Vyner I’m not sure about.  Might need another loan???

I still see Kelly as having a better chance at CB...

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So do I.

Fair enough....but you only quoted Wright, Kalas, Webster and Moore in the central defensive positions in your analysis above....and then said Kelly and Dasilva would compete for the LB spot - I overlooked your reference to Kelly possibly offering more than Baker as a LCB - apologies....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough....but you only quoted Wright, Kalas, Webster and Moore in the central defensive positions in your analysis above....and then said Kelly and Dasilva would compete for the LB spot - I overlooked your reference to Kelly possibly offering more than Baker as a LCB - apologies....

You’re allowed one ?

On 03/02/2019 at 14:50, Cov 77 said:

Based on what ? I know only 30 seconds but looked bang average , did not do well on either goal , not in the same league as defenders we have , and if Kalas left I’m sure we would bring in similar 

On 03/02/2019 at 15:03, Hampshire reds said:

t.b.h. cant see taylor moore being a reqular for city. looking at bits i have seen of him i think he is along way from championship standard 

On 03/02/2019 at 15:21, Nogbad the Bad said:

I haven't seen anything from TM to suggest he's ever going to be a regular at Championship level.

Goes to show you shouldn’t judge a young player too quickly 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Goes to show you shouldn’t judge a young player too quickly 

Says the poster who lambasted Bentley and seems to harshly pillory one City player or another in just about every match thread. :rofl2br:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Says the poster who lambasted Bentley and seems to harshly pillory one City player or another in just about every match thread. :rofl2br:

Just make stuff up if you want. I admit I didn’t want Bentley. So far he’s proving me very wrong. Happy to admit when I’m wrong. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dig up your own posts while you are at it ........on........shall we start with Bentley ....

He is definitely proving me wrong on him so far for sure. Happy to admit it. 

On 03/02/2019 at 13:37, Unan said:

Watched the highlights on the EFL program. Can’t we find him a better loan or is he no good? Awful defending from Southend.

ps. Have we got better or has the standard of football got worse in league 1? It looks almost amateur.

Yes we can find him a better loan, in our own team. I guess I was half right 

Archived