IGNORED

Middlesbrough away.

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

I find it bewildering because there are many examples that occur each weekend of large away followings causing no major disorder at all. A big away following does not automatically lead to running battles in the streets - not in this day and age. In fact, reading the reaction to the size of Swansea's following, you'd have thought that no other team had ever brought that many to AG. That's simply not the case. Many teams have brought as many fans to AG -and sometimes more- with no significant incidents to report. It was always odds on that Swansea would bring a lively mob to AG, and that would have happened whether they'd been given 3,500 tickets or 1,500. 

No massive history with Swansea to be honest PE although a lively  presence was anticipated simply due to the numbers and nobody apart from Leeds has brought that many to AG in years so far as I can recall. Having said that, proper policing could have handled such numbers although we didn't see much of that on Saturday all day.

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

No massive history with Swansea to be honest PE although a lively  presence was anticipated simply due to the numbers and nobody apart from Leeds has brought that many to AG in years so far as I can recall. Having said that, proper policing could have handled such numbers although we didn't see much of that on Saturday all day.

There was definitely something ongoing with us and Swansea for a few seasons mind, at least during the Vetch era - can remember the Jack pub being destroyed in the 90s, and in the early 00s a proper nasty battle during which a police dog was seriously injured (blinded possibly). Think it was the Potter's Wheel that got levelled that day. Granted, not so much at the Gate from memory. Definitely agree on the last point, it sounds like the police played a stinker... (though there's a bit of me suspects they might have let people get on with it to film and ban in future?). 

25 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

IMO

Millwall will sell out

Sheff Utd 1k if we’ve drop a bit. 1,500-2,000 if still challenging.

Boro 3-400

Fair play if it’s 3-400 at Boro, can see it being closer to 200 to be honest.

Another example of awful scheduling by the FL

27 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

There was definitely something ongoing with us and Swansea for a few seasons mind, at least during the Vetch era - can remember the Jack pub being destroyed in the 90s, and in the early 00s a proper nasty battle during which a police dog was seriously injured (blinded possibly). Think it was the Potter's Wheel that got levelled that day. Granted, not so much at the Gate from memory. Definitely agree on the last point, it sounds like the police played a stinker... (though there's a bit of me suspects they might have let people get on with it to film and ban in future?). 

Yes mate agree on all points there.

Archived